The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Munrot07
DNA, enzymes, and evolution and classification as they didn't come up much in the january paper, I think it will be light on the food and health and heavy on the biodiversity

What about the different immune responses to disease? and smoking?
Reply 61
Original post by LA_95
What about the different immune responses to disease? and smoking?

yeh smoking always comes up but there is a lot in the health section so it is hard to tell, I think malaria could come up as that hasn't appeared in a while and the immune system could :smile: it is so hard to tell
Original post by otrivine
Hi want to revise chapter 1

function of golgi apparatus? 3 mmarks.
Reply 63
Original post by upthegunners
function of golgi apparatus? 3 mmarks.

golgi apparatous, is that it modifies and packages the protein into vesicle ready for trasport and the vescile moves via ATP (cytoskeleton) and fuses with the plasma membrane in order for the protein molecule to be secreted out of the cell.
Has anyone done the evaluative task on plants?
Original post by purplemind
Has anyone done the evaluative task on plants?
yes its easy

you just have to use a dichotomous key
yes its easy

you just have to use a dichotomous key

I remember doing a qualitative task with dichtomous key to identify leaves (got 6 :lol:.)
But dichtomous key for evaluation? I don't get how it can be. :tongue:
Reply 67
I remember doing a qualitative task with dichtomous key to identify leaves (got 6 :lol:.)
But dichtomous key for evaluation? I don't get how it can be. :tongue:

its not :P the evaluation involved species richness and evenness and the simpson's index
its not :P the evaluation involved species richness and evenness and the simpson's index

Ok, right, thanks. :tongue:
The thing is, I'm doing it next week as my previous evaluative tasks (2) weren't awesome.
I really try to do my best but it is so hard to get the marks. And the grade boundaries are high too. :frown:
Reply 69
Ok, right, thanks. :tongue:
The thing is, I'm doing it next week as my previous evaluative tasks (2) weren't awesome.
I really try to do my best but it is so hard to get the marks. And the grade boundaries are high too. :frown:

evaluatives are hard, just make sure you write as much as possible and tbh i think this one is a harder one i didn't do great on it so had to do a different one, the enzyme one
evaluatives are hard, just make sure you write as much as possible and tbh i think this one is a harder one i didn't do great on it so had to do a different one, the enzyme one

Well, I did this before and I don't remember how many I got, but it wasn't what I wanted to get.
I guess the mark schemes are really specific about the words you use.
I will try to revise the topic from my book and maybe the teacher will hopefully give some advice as well.
Reply 71
Well, I did this before and I don't remember how many I got, but it wasn't what I wanted to get.
I guess the mark schemes are really specific about the words you use.
I will try to revise the topic from my book and maybe the teacher will hopefully give some advice as well.

yeh they are so specific and you have to mention like 2 or 3 points to get one mark, good luck
yeh they are so specific and you have to mention like 2 or 3 points to get one mark, good luck

Thanks. :smile:
Aww, it's really bad.
I do OCR Chemistry as well, and I easily got 20/20 in evaluation.
Biology is just... It's not even a real science. :biggrin:
Reply 73
Thanks. :smile:
Aww, it's really bad.
I do OCR Chemistry as well, and I easily got 20/20 in evaluation.
Biology is just... It's not even a real science. :biggrin:

i'm guessing ur dropping bio next year?
i'm guessing ur dropping bio next year?

Yes, I don't find it as enjoyable as before.
And it's not very relevant to what I want to do (Economics). :smile:
Reply 75
Yes, I don't find it as enjoyable as before.
And it's not very relevant to what I want to do (Economics). :smile:

ah ok :P cool :smile:
Reply 76
ah ok :P cool :smile:

anyone got the 2013 jan paper?
Reply 77
Well, I'd rather get at least a decent A. :biggrin: But same! I'm not going to do Biology next year. I just find it increasingly boring.

yea I know, If I can get a low A I'll be so happy..I am definitely not taking Biology to A2- no way.

a2 biology is hell, i regret not dropping it after AS so much.
Reply 78
Does anyone have any tips of answering the questions in the exam? I know my content really well but when it comes to the actual exam I fail miserably. I am a A2 student retaking F212 and the maximum I have ever got in biology is a C grade and I need to get a B.
Original post by sadiex1
anyone got the 2013 jan paper?

The paper can be found here: http://ifitsgreenitsbiology.wordpress.com/2013/01/10/january-exams-2013/

Original post by PK95
Does anyone have any tips of answering the questions in the exam? I know my content really well but when it comes to the actual exam I fail miserably. I am a A2 student retaking F212 and the maximum I have ever got in biology is a C grade and I need to get a B.

OCR is all about the terminology and using it correctly. People lose marks for either interpreting the question wrong (which is surprisingly easy with OCR!) or waffling about a correct answer and simply not being precise enough. Learn the key terms for every topic and then use them correctly.

Latest

Trending

Trending