The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot watt psychology?

Scroll to see replies

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do forensic psychology there now after the applicant day :smile:
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by jennifeer11
I'm pretty sure I'm gonna do forensic psychology there now after the applicant day :smile:

Really? I was kinda put off by it...they just didn't seem to care about there psychology department and there's a lot of chemistry in it :/&
Original post by Jdowie
Really? I was kinda put off by it...they just didn't seem to care about there psychology department and there's a lot of chemistry in it :/&

Yup! Yeah I thought they did care more about engineering and all the others, but since HW is first in the UK for student satisfaction or whatever for psychology it was, it must be good :tongue: And see, I like that haha!
Original post by Jdowie

Could you elaborate on how the applicant day was? I won't be able to go to any since I'm living in Germany and the journey would be quite long...
Can anyone tell me if the course structure for Forensic Psychology you can find below, is up to date?
Reply 84
The first two years seem to be general psychology with mandatory chemistry modules then in 3rd and 4th year you do topics in forensic psychology and advanced forensic science :smile: the applicant day was pretty much talks about student life and sports and finance and then we went to another lecture hall and got a slide show about the course....that was it...:/ it's just the other applicant day I went to they took us round facilities, did a talk, let us meet students doing the course and see the research projects they were doing :smile: and im awful at chemistry
Oh well, I forgot the link I was meaning to post below. I'll just do it now, then.

http://web.sls.hw.ac.uk/UG_course_structures.htm

They don't have Chemistry in this course structure, rather a lot of biochemistry. Both is unfortunate as I'm no good at all at both, as well. I just scraped an A in Chemistry this year through trickery and fraud (it doesn't hurt to have all answers to the test saved in your magic calculater). Hopefully, they don't do any advanced stuff.
They didn't talk a lot about forensic psychology which I was a little disappointed at.
Reply 87
Original post by IheartKittens
Hi!
I got a conditional offer for Forensic Psychology two days ago. Coincidentally, HW happened to be my first choice so I was completely delirious with joy. My UCAS track hasn't been updated yet, however, so I don't know the exact conditions.
I was wondering if there are any first year students who don't stay on campus/at other student accommodation, as it's the only thing I seem to read about.

Congrats! I'm not staying on campus as I have a boyfriend and they don't accommodate for couples. We are getting our own privately rented flat in Currie which is a walk away :biggrin:
Reply 88
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366128677.513064.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366128692.587063.jpg
I got these from the lecturer at the applicant day....I don't think eh we're too comfortable giving it to me :/ it highlights all the mandatory courses and optional...there is a lot of biology but advanced forensic science is gonna be hard chemistry :/ haha I don't think you have any worries with an A, I had to retake this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by jennifeer11
They didn't talk a lot about forensic psychology which I was a little disappointed at.

They're cutting the programme after this year, that's why :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jdowie
They're cutting the programme after this year, that's why :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really? where did you hear this?
Reply 91
The lecturer at the applicant day....email them if you want :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
I think I'm gonna firm edinburgh?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Jdowie
I think I'm gonna firm edinburgh?

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww! :frown: well congrats anyway. I've firmed HW :smile:
Reply 94
Original post by hollysarah
aww! :frown: well congrats anyway. I've firmed HW :smile:

Me too :3 is that for psychology or applied/forensic/ect?
Reply 95
Original post by Jdowie
That would be awesome! I'm still undecided, can't wait for the applicants days:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I've gotten a conditional offer for psychology in HW, I'm from Ireland, can I ask what exactly applicant days are?? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I've firmed my unconditional for normal psychology for starting in September. :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by katies32
Me too :3 is that for psychology or applied/forensic/ect?

Applied Psychology, how about you? Aww nobody seems to be choosing Applied Psych
Original post by craiggillen
Hey, I've firmed my unconditional for normal psychology for starting in September. :smile:

Congrats! See you in September :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by hollysarah
Applied Psychology, how about you? Aww nobody seems to be choosing Applied Psych

Just the general psychology! Applied sounds pretty good though :3

Quick Reply

Latest