The Student Room Group

Psychology June 2013 Edexcel Paper 2 Understanding the individual

Am I the only one doing this? I can't find a thread anywhere :'(

I'm reasonably confident with the Psychodynamic Approach, I'm beyond confused with the Biological, and I've missed a chunk of Learning due to illness, so I'm not looking forward to it!

Any predictions for question topics?

Scroll to see replies

Well its my birthday, so i'm going to have fun!!

I've not really done to much for it yet and i'm just completely panicking over all of it! but i'm happy with the pyschodynamic but biological seems to be a bit confusing!
Reply 2
Original post by abbythesmall
Well its my birthday, so i'm going to have fun!!

I've not really done to much for it yet and i'm just completely panicking over all of it! but i'm happy with the pyschodynamic but biological seems to be a bit confusing!

On the 5th! Wow!

Mine's the 15th August. RESULTS DAY. Whoever thought of that is ~not~ my favourite person -_-

I'm panicking too! They've decided at the last minute we're going to do a mock after all, so I was planning on leaving most of my revision for the week I have no exams, and suddenly I have 3 days to revise enough to pass this mock O.o

Psychodynamic and Learning are okay, though I need to go over studies and methodology, but Biological is horrible. I gave up Sciences for a reason, dammit -_-
Yes but if i revise hard enough it will be a treat.... (yeah right!)

Fun! I've had a few mocks for psychology and I've never done to well so its not filling me with to much confidence.

Its is certainly the biological and the methodology.! And there's so many different studies to learn I need ot make sure I get the right person!

Have you already done unit 1?
Reply 4
Yes but if i revise hard enough it will be a treat.... (yeah right!)

Fun! I've had a few mocks for psychology and I've never done to well so its not filling me with to much confidence.

Its is certainly the biological and the methodology.! And there's so many different studies to learn I need ot make sure I get the right person!

Have you already done unit 1?

Hahaha, exams, treat, yeah, of course :wink:

We've done barely any exam work because we're so crammed for time in terms of getting the content learnt- we finished yesterday, we have 4 days before study leave, and so I think I get one mock, and then two hours in class to clarify anything I'm struggling with?

We do have plenty of time, though, so there's time for us to learn stuff and improve on mock grades!

Yeah, we did Unit 1 back in January. I'm finding this way more enjoyable in terms of Psychodynamic & Learning, it's just Biological -_-
I've to sit both in the summer that how my school works!
Luckily we finished quite a while ago so we are going over things and we've done a few mocks!

How did you do on your unit 1 and how did you find it, We've just looked at it in class.
Reply 6
Unit 2 is relatively easier than Unit 1, so hoping to get more marks in this. Really easy paper unless they make it like the Jan 2013 unit 1 paper! I really suffered doing that paper. Got 88 UMS :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by NilFBosh
Unit 2 is relatively easier than Unit 1, so hoping to get more marks in this. Really easy paper unless they make it like the Jan 2013 unit 1 paper! I really suffered doing that paper. Got 88 UMS :frown:

What do you mean you suffered? You got 88 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by GTSwattsy
What do you mean you suffered? You got 88 UMS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops. I thought this was the physics forum. My bad. Forgive me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by NilFBosh
Oops. I thought this was the physics forum. My bad. Forgive me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That made me smile, I was like... you got 88 out of 80 UMS and that's SUFFERING?! :wink:
Reply 10
I've to sit both in the summer that how my school works!
Luckily we finished quite a while ago so we are going over things and we've done a few mocks!

How did you do on your unit 1 and how did you find it, We've just looked at it in class.

Ooooh, I wouldn't want to do them both at once... though you're in a way better position for next year, you'll be way more prepared for now to do two in one exam season!

I got an A in Unit 1, 95% UMS... though I found the paper a lot harder than the mocks, I was getting higher than that raw marks wise on mocks beforehard, though I can't say I was actually disappointed with the grade!
Wow well done! Apparently if you get an A at AS you have an E overall already!.

Yes our school didn't do any exams in jan so I have all mine in the summer!
Reply 12
I haven't seen a thread open to discuss this years Unit 2 edexcel psychology paper so I thought I'd create one :smile: Any ideas on what questions haven't come up in a while?
no clue havent started revising yet im a2, retaking this unit, still making notes for it need an A for uni offer, have you finished revising content? when is the exam btw
Reply 14
Hey

The exams on the 5th of June.

I don't think a lot of Psychodynamic will come up as that came up a lot last year.
I'm certain the biological practical will come up,I also think that the questions are going to be based around the biological approach as past papers show less questioning on them.

What do you think?
Reply 15
Yeah I was thinking that plenty of Psychodynamic came up last year, so I would agree that biological is likely to come up on the higher marked questions.

Have you started revising the paper? As it is after half term I am planning to use that week beforehand to go through the syllabus in bulk.
Reply 16
Yes I've revised the content and currently doing past papers.
Also a useful tip would be to look at the specification as they have some questions which sometimes end up as exam questions. I also have a feeling that some methodology Qs may pop up, sneaky examiners!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 17
I'll make sure to do that thanks, good luck to you too :smile:
how long would it take me to revise unit 2? im so stocked up with doing chem bio maths, havent touched unit 4 or 2 im paniking atm :/ how long would it take? i got a B in this exam last year but need high a :/
Reply 19
Have you learnt the syllabus and are just looking to recap or do you mean actually learn the whole syllabus?

I am likely to leave my revision until my other exams beforehand are completed, so I will be giving myself a whole week to revise it, and nothing else.

Quick Reply

Latest