The Student Room Group

Another Indian GANGRAPE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slade p
the overall number of rapes in india is more but the rate of rape in u.k is nearly 15 times more lol. 1.8 in every 100,000 women in india and 28 in every 100,000 women in u.k.

What part of citing sources do you not understand? Furthermore these are just the reported rapes, you still haven't proven that India and the UK have the same number of unreported rapes as you claimed. Indian police are notorious for turning a blind eye to rape and even joining in themselves!
I am close friends with an Indian girl who last year went to India to meet her extended family. Her cousin was showing her around Delhi and they cut through an alley only to be confronted by 3 men. They had knives and knocked out her cousin and threatened to kill her if she didn't obey. They then all penetrated her at the same time and finished inside her twice before leaving her lying in the alley. 2 male passerbys rather than helping took advantage of her as well and all the others ignored them. When her cousin woke up he called the cops but they did nothing at all and none of the culprits were caught or punished. She has yet to recover from this ordeal a year on.
Reply 62
Original post by Some random guy
Stop twisting my words, I did not say that Indian culture is based on rape. I probably know more about India's history than you and I fail to see what it has to do with the topic at hand. Stop being butthurt and face the facts, this is a serious issue and your deflection tactics are revolting, in fact I need to go vomit right now you villainous apologist!

You see these words you type right? youre just making a fool of yourself. you have no idea about indian culture.
Butthurt? Hey if you like to partake in buggery dont take me into your perversions.
It is no more a serious issue than in any other country, the fact its deltwith worse there is entirely unrelated.
deflection, appologist? Oh do stop with your nonsense. you sound like a two year old.
Also regarding culture I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the caste system is still going strong in rural areas where the majority of the population live and some see it as OK for someone of higher caste to rape someone of lower caste.
Reply 64
It is at fault for discouraging rape victims to step forward so that they don't bring shame upon themselves and their family. Also lots of rape happens within nonconsenting marriages that still happen all too frequently in India.

*They can make the report anonymously - there is no need for the victim to have his/her name in the public domain and there is no need for the entire family to become involved.
*'Culture' isn't really at fault here - rather the lax attitude of the police in identifying perpetrators and advancing prosecutions.
*Alot of 'nonconsenting' marriages are about land (re)distribution and have zero relevance to whether either party is sexually attracted to each other - I don't think they are actually required to live with each other either.
Reply 65
Also regarding culture I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the caste system is still going strong in rural areas where the majority of the population live and some see it as OK for someone of higher caste to rape someone of lower caste.

This is where 'sex contracts' to prove that both parties consent would come in very useful.
Reply 66
Cut their penis off or death penalty. That will stop these animals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mastermind007
This type of sensational media and public reaction can surround any particular incident. It happened 30 odd years ago in India with the Billa-Ranga case where two children were raped and murder.

It happened in the UK with that little girl Sarah Payne, Holly and Jessica (I remember this well as they were my age when they went missing). It's not specific to any particular culture.

What you mean to say is there are disgusting, uncivilised individuals in this world, which is absolutely right.

We should not minimize the issue by saying 'meh it happens in other countries too'. Only by constantly highlighting it can change be brought about.
Reply 68
I am close friends with an Indian girl who last year went to India to meet her extended family. Her cousin was showing her around Delhi and they cut through an alley only to be confronted by 3 men. They had knives and knocked out her cousin and threatened to kill her if she didn't obey. They then all penetrated her at the same time and finished inside her twice before leaving her lying in the alley. 2 male passerbys rather than helping took advantage of her as well and all the others ignored them. When her cousin woke up he called the cops but they did nothing at all and none of the culprits were caught or punished. She has yet to recover from this ordeal a year on.

I call bull**** on your ludicrous story, youre just trying to further your stupid xenophobic point.
Have to chuckle at these self-righteous OMG DONT GENURELISE!! 1! retards who've probably never even been to India, or are Indians who're doing it out of some bizarre patriotic loyalty. The subcontinent as a whole has a very real problem of misogyny and corruption in the police. Yes, sexual assault is commonplace and yes, a huge proportion of victims do not report rape for fear of being ostracised/retaliation from their attacker(s)/simply not being taken seriously by the police. I don't really get what people feel they're gaining by refusing to acknowledge that there is a systemic issue regarding the treatment of women and girls in that part of the world.
Reply 70
Original post by cl_steele
xxx

xxx

Keep your posts civil.
Reply 71
Original post by Aj12
Keep your posts civil.

What was wrong with them, it was a civilised albeit somewhat heated debate regarding his horrificly biassed/xenophobic view on indians and their culture?:rolleyes:
Reply 72
What was wrong with them, it was a civilised albeit somewhat heated debate regarding his horrificly biassed/xenophobic view on indians and their culture?:rolleyes:

Getting a tad too heated. Just tone it down both of you.
Original post by Basil Brush
Have to chuckle at these self-righteous OMG DONT GENURELISE!! 1! retards who've probably never even been to India, or are Indians who're doing it out of some bizarre patriotic loyalty. The subcontinent as a whole has a very real problem of misogyny and corruption in the police. Yes, sexual assault is commonplace and yes, a huge proportion of victims do not report rape for fear of being ostracised/retaliation from their attacker(s)/simply not being taken seriously by the police. I don't really get what people feel they're gaining by refusing to acknowledge that there is a systemic issue regarding the treatment of women and girls in that part of the world.

Thanks for sticking up for me Basil.
Thanks for sticking up for me Basil.

I've got your back, Some.

I have to say that while the caste system IS prevalent in SOME parts of rural India, there is no system where someone from a higher caste is ALLOWED to rape a person from a lower caste.
Psychpaths like the one we are talking of in the gangaprape of that five year old girl are found everywhere.

There is something that you need to understand. Independent India is only 66 years old. The society centered around the ruralistic village setup, and not a town set up for the longest time. Urbanization is taking place, so that implies that several uneducated or poorly educated villagers come to big cities to earn a living. Gangrapes like the one you are referring to are disturbing, yes, but are found in all countries, especially developing economies- and have to be seen as a result of a sudden spurt of urbanization.
The caste system is being swiftly torn down in all large urban areas and its trying to be implemented in other areas of the nation. The fact you call oit sickening is mildlyoffensive though, who are you to judge another culture?

The caste system has allowed for the subjugation of a group of people for no good reason. If it were impermissible to judge another culture than apartheid in South Africa would still exist.
Reply 79
Original post by tengentoppa
The caste system has allowed for the subjugation of a group of people for no good reason. If it were impermissible to judge another culture than apartheid in South Africa would still exist.

So what? we've had these exact system since time immemorial, theyre not going away ever... its an unpleasant truth butfor lack of a better phrasing some people are better than others or atleast lucky enough to have been born that was. lets take the class system in the USA, the similar caste systems in many other asian countries, the class system in many european countries... theyre no different the fact you single out one which i doubt you have any understanding of and slam is grossly culturally insensitive, im notsaying their caste system is good but you still have no right to judge,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending