The Student Room Group

Edexcel 6BIO2 ~ 3rd June 2013 ~ AS Biology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by The Assassin
Well this is pretty early but I might as well make the thread anyway. Hope everyone did well in Unit 1!

Discuss exam techniques/revision notes, etc. here. :smile:

I was on the Jan Unit 1 thread but never saw ur notes :frown: The paper was easy hoped to get at least 110 UMS but got 98. Felt really bad for a week. My worst experience ever with exam results. Hoping to get UMS for units 2 and 3. If i dont, I have to repeat unit 1 in may 2014 :frown:
Reply 161
Original post by Relaxedexams
That is exactly what is in the student book. In a mark scheme and the revision guide, its given the other way round!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which paper and what question?
Reply 162
Should we learn to draw the cell wall structure??
Reply 163
And how do you compare the functions of the xylem and sclerenchyma?
Original post by NilFBosh
Which paper and what question?

Jan 2011 q5 (b) (2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 165
Jan 2011 q5 (b) (2)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, the question was how does it contribute to the physical properties of the plant, so u have to talk about the secondary cell wall because it is the "net like " arrangement of the microfibrils which increase the strength of the cell wall.

Remember, as the cell grows a secondary wall will be formed
Well, the question was how does it contribute to the physical properties of the plant, so u have to talk about the secondary cell wall because it is the "net like " arrangement of the microfibrils which increase the strength of the cell wall.

Remember, as the cell grows a secondary wall will be formed

Sorry, the mark sheme does not state which layer has criss cross (right angle ) microfibrils, the revision guide is what is confusing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 167
Sorry, the mark sheme does not state which layer has criss cross (right angle ) microfibrils, the revision guide is what is confusing me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read this article.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2224504/

"In some regions, the wall appears to consist entirely of longitudinal microfibrils so that the rib forms an integral part of the wall."

I'd ask ur teacher if I were u.
Read this article.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2224504/

"In some regions, the wall appears to consist entirely of longitudinal microfibrils so that the rib forms an integral part of the wall."

I'd ask ur teacher if I were u.

My teacher says wat is in the student book. The revision guide says otherwise. I did check on the net, but it doesnt address my issue directly, it just complicates things.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 169
My teacher says wat is in the student book. The revision guide says otherwise. I did check on the net, but it doesnt address my issue directly, it just complicates things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wikipedia states "The organization of microfibrils forming the primary cell wall are rather disorganized"
Better to learn the mark scheme I guess.
Reply 170
Hey can someone post Assassins notes up because they aren't working. Really appreciated!
Wikipedia states "The organization of microfibrils forming the primary cell wall are rather disorganized"
Better to learn the mark scheme I guess.

In any of the mark schemes there is nothing about the arrangement of microfibrils in primary or secondary. Just " correct reference to microfibrils in primary (or secondary)". I thought there was a mark scheme supporting what the revision guide said, seems I'm mistaken.

The wikipedia article seems to support the revision guide. Maybe the student book is wrong. Do you have any other textbooks, that you can refer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is exactly what is in the student book. In a mark scheme and the revision guide, its given the other way round!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where does it say that? I havent learnt that or come accross it before
Original post by Rubyturner94
Where does it say that? I havent learnt that or come accross it before

I was mistaken about the mark scheme but the revision guide does say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was mistaken about the mark scheme but the revision guide does say that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which revision guide is that? :/
Exam next month. How's everyone holding up?
i need some tips on what to study on biodiversity chapter, pls
Reply 178
Original post by mynameisntbobk
Exam next month. How's everyone holding up?

I've yet to start doing past papers which I will start shortly, you?
my teacher hasnt even finshed the topic :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending