The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightningcat12
My teacher and also my tutor predict this :

For DME they both think it could be on gay rights or drug abuse.
For Africa my teacher thinks it may be piracy(like Somalia etc) as this has not came up since 2002, my tutor thought it may be violation on human rights such as witch craft and domestic abuse/male dominance.
For South Africa my teacher thought it may be about racial inequalities amongst coloureds only as this hasnt appeared since 2005, my tutor thought though it may be about ANC.
For voting systems my teacher thinks it may be about AMS and if it is better than Party List, my tutor agrees with my teachers predictions

Hope this helps x

yeah my teacher was sort of saying the same thing espeially gay rights for the DME :P
Original post by thunderdog11
yeah my teacher was sort of saying the same thing espeially gay rights for the DME :P

thank god we've been preparing the topic loads in class recently :eek::eek:
Original post by HannahRH_
Ideas for USA question similar to ethnic minorities importance in the political system?

My tutor believes its either on Obama or inequalities in the ghetto :biggrin:

aw same!!!
Original post by madmissi
Six days until the exam :eek: How is everyone organising their Health and Wealth notes? It's good that the same info can be used for a number of questions, but it's a bit confusing trying to organise it :biggrin:

*seven days lol!

How can gay rights be a DME topic? Are you serious?
Original post by Bubblyminty
How can gay rights be a DME topic? Are you serious?

yes i am being serious?
yes i am being serious?

I thought that the only topics that the DME could be on was health and wealth?

We haven't done anything about gay rights in class at all.
Reply 268
*seven days lol!

Hmm, today is the 3rd and the exam is on the 9th, so yes six days :smile:

Original post by Bubblyminty
I thought that the only topics that the DME could be on was health and wealth?

We haven't done anything about gay rights in class at all.

We haven't done anything on it either, don't know how it could relate to health or wealth.
Original post by madmissi
Hmm, today is the 3rd and the exam is on the 9th, so yes six days :smile:

We haven't done anything on it either, don't know how it could relate to health or wealth.

I am just wondering as to how the DME could possibly even be on gay rights at all...I am just so confused.
Reply 270
I'm worried about people talking about the party list. I have learned so little about it, we hardly have any notes about it.
Reply 271

what have you been learning about gay rights? how does that link with health & wealth?
Reply 272
Original post by Confused!
I'm worried about people talking about the party list. I have learned so little about it, we hardly have any notes about it.

Same here! I have nothing for it, so I really hope it doesn't come up.
Reply 273
Predictions:

1.Electoral systems AMS, STV, FPTP (pr vs fptp)
2. Health and wealth- government policies to reduce health inequalities.
3. USA - ethnic minorities influence on the outcome of elections.
4. Africa - either bad governments (corruption) or aid (NGO,bi,multi)

Let's just say I'm pretty confident about these predictions.
Original post by broy
Predictions:

1.Electoral systems AMS, STV, FPTP (pr vs fptp)
2. Health and wealth- government policies to reduce health inequalities.
3. USA - ethnic minorities influence on the outcome of elections.
4. Africa - either bad governments (corruption) or aid (NGO,bi,multi)

Let's just say I'm pretty confident about these predictions.

Praying for you to be right about USA! :crossedf: can't believe the exam is sooo soon, hoping I find extra motivation soon haha!
OK im worried about Health & Wealth - govt policies to reduce health inequalities, more or less everything else is ok
Does anyone have any notes/statistics about ethnic minorities' influence on the outcome of elections?
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Does anyone have any notes/statistics about ethnic minorities' influence on the outcome of elections?

When analysing how they do influence elections you can say 93% of A.Americans voted Democrat, 72% of Hispanics etc. Also, mention how their vote can be undermined due to the white vote in certain states eg 33% of Mississippi is A.American but the state votes Republican due to the white vote
Reply 278
Does anyone know where I would be able to find example essays or essay plan on Health and Wealth?

Preferably to do with inequalities/government responses to inequalities and their success!
Reply 279
Original post by roarwalk49
OK im worried about Health & Wealth - govt policies to reduce health inequalities, more or less everything else is ok

One way to go about this essay is going through the main health inequalities (lung cancer, heart disease, live disease etc) the causes of these, and government policies to try and reduce these, then analyse the success of the policies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending