The Student Room Group

Medicine 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Suppose I'll have to wait until around 8:30 :frown:
Reply 41
Has anyone had any luck finding the UKCAT option yet?
Original post by GeekChic7
Has anyone had any luck finding the UKCAT option yet?

I've still had no luck, got a feeling my whole day will be spent trying to do it though
Reply 43
They told me that registration opens at 9AM! :h: (UK Time)
Reply 44
Original post by Samriddha
Good luck guys! Hopefully you'll all manage the challenge :smile:

Good luck guys!

Make sure you all apply smartly, and don't underestimate the PS!
Original post by Leen!
They told me that registration opens at 9AM! :h: (UK Time)

So glad I am on study leave! bring on 9 o'clock
Reply 46
Original post by Officegirl4
So glad I am on study leave! bring on 9 o'clock

Great! We're on holiday over here.
Ah, I'm so excited to finally register for the UKCAT! :woo:
Reply 47
been trying since 6 this morning but have now finally managed to book UKCAT for 11 july ! woo hoo !! :excited:
Booked my UKCAT this morning. August 14th!
Reply 49
Hey everyone! I was just wondering how everyone's prepping for the UKCAT? Last time I took it I got a horrendous score on QR and I have no idea how to prepare for that section in particular! I'm planning on using the 600 UKCAT Questions book again, any others reccommended?
Reply 50
Well, I've been preparing for the UKCAT for quite some time now. :smile: I bought "How to master the UKCAT over 700 practice questions", last summer. :eek: But the information in there may not be updated since there's a new sub-test– Situational Judgement– , this year. :colonhash:
For the QR, the more familiar you are with numbers and mathematical concepts the quicker you will be able to answer questions.:smile:
Reply 51
Original post by Leen!
Well, I've been preparing for the UKCAT for quite some time now. :smile: I bought "How to master the UKCAT over 700 practice questions", last summer. :eek: But the information in there may not be updated since there's a new sub-test– Situational Judgement– , this year. :colonhash:
For the QR, the more familiar you are with numbers and mathematical concepts the quicker you will be able to answer questions.:smile:

You have been preparing for a year? What another books did you buy?
Haven't started yet, my test is booked for the middle of August as that's the only time I could do it. Starting studying after exams are done. Got about 2 and a half months of studying for it :smile:

I have the 600 UKCAT question book and the UKCAT for dummies.
Reply 53
Original post by JackTeh96
You have been preparing for a year? What another books did you buy?

Ha, ha - yeah, it's a bit crazy :biggrin: but I wanted to give myself enough time to practise and be well-prepared.
I just bought one book.:smile:
Reply 54
Original post by Leen!
Ha, ha - yeah, it's a bit crazy :biggrin: but I wanted to give myself enough time to practise and be well-prepared.
I just bought one book.:smile:

Do you prepare for BMAT as well? I don't know if i should prepare both BMAT and UKCAT..
What universities are people considering?

Oxford, St Andrews, King's College and UCL as my low risk choice. How about you?

I think people need to pay equal attention to the BMAT too since it has more of a scientific element to it. Good luck to everyone who's wishing to study Medicine!
Original post by MomtaajRahman
Oxford, St Andrews, King's College and UCL as my low risk choice. How about you?

I think people need to pay equal attention to the BMAT too since it has more of a scientific element to it. Good luck to everyone who's wishing to study Medicine!

I'm thinking Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and St. Andrews.

Although keep changing between St. Andrews and Edinburgh! I've been accepted to the Sutton trust programme at St. Andrews so hopefully that'll help me decide!

They seem like pretty cool Universities!
I'm thinking Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow and St. Andrews.

Although keep changing between St. Andrews and Edinburgh! I've been accepted to the Sutton trust programme at St. Andrews so hopefully that'll help me decide!

They seem like pretty cool Universities!

I take it you live in Scotland? :smile: I'm trying to get away from where I live haha. And ooh that sounds good - hope you enjoy yourself! St Andrews is such a beautiful university. I've been accepted to summer school at Oxford :biggrin:. If you don't mind me asking, what A Level subjects are you currently undertaking?
Original post by MomtaajRahman
I take it you live in Scotland? :smile: I'm trying to get away from where I live haha. And ooh that sounds good - hope you enjoy yourself! St Andrews is such a beautiful university. I've been accepted to summer school at Oxford :biggrin:. If you don't mind me asking, what A Level subjects are you currently undertaking?

I do yes!
For medicine? That's pretty impressive!

We don't do A levels in Scotland, we do highers which are the equivalent to As I think?

Anyway, I'm doing Chemistry, human biology, physics, modern studies and history all at higher.

Already done maths at higher.
What are you taking?
I do yes!
For medicine? That's pretty impressive!

We don't do A levels in Scotland, we do highers which are the equivalent to As I think?

Anyway, I'm doing Chemistry, human biology, physics, modern studies and history all at higher.

Already done maths at higher.
What are you taking?

Not for Medicine but for Law - which is a little confusing but I just wanted some experience to prove that I am also interested in Medical Ethics :smile: though I have to say Law at Oxford is extremely notorious.

Ah yes, apologies, I knew about that :} and great choice. I am currently doing Chemistry, Biology, History, English Literature and Sociology, though I have done an AS in English Language & Literature already.

Quick Reply

Latest