The Student Room Group

ICE QUEST Scholarship 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by eggfriedrice
I've almost finished, just half a section left. My reference has been sent off though.

Congrats, My referee hasn't started yet :frown: but going to mainly use my ucas reference :smile:
Original post by astrojg
Congrats, My referee hasn't started yet :frown: but going to mainly use my ucas reference :smile:

Haha yeah my referee used quite a bit of my ucas one too. I didn't read it though, hopefully it's not too bad.
Reply 62
Have you all filled the boxes? Quite a lot of mine are half full but I feel I should attempt to fill them. On the other hand quality is more important than quantity? Thanks :-)
Original post by astrojg
Have you all filled the boxes? Quite a lot of mine are half full but I feel I should attempt to fill them. On the other hand quality is more important than quantity? Thanks :-)

I have half a box to fill, but lately I havent really been bothered to fill it xD

The box is the "what you want to achieve out of CE" . I know what I want, but it's so cheesy and typical. ):
Reply 64
I have half a box to fill, but lately I havent really been bothered to fill it xD

The box is the "what you want to achieve out of CE" . I know what I want, but it's so cheesy and typical. ):

Your good if that is all the cheesiness. Ive given up after half a box full on some
Original post by astrojg
Your good if that is all the cheesiness. Ive given up after half a box full on some

Which universities have you applied to?
Reply 66
Which universities have you applied to?

My firm is Bristol, Insurance is Newcastle (Applied to Durham, Warwick and Cambridge as well) . you?
Original post by astrojg
My firm is Bristol, Insurance is Newcastle (Applied to Durham, Warwick and Cambridge as well) . you?

Gratz on Bristol! I met someone who had an offer from Bristol for CE and wanted A*A*A which I thought was quite high, is that your offer too? And did you get an offer from Cambridge?
I firmed Bath and insured Loughborough.
Reply 68
Gratz on Bristol! I met someone who had an offer from Bristol for CE and wanted A*A*A which I thought was quite high, is that your offer too? And did you get an offer from Cambridge?
I firmed Bath and insured Loughborough.

A*AA for Bristol for me, I know imperial is A*A*A. I got an interview at Cambridge but knew I liked Durham and Bristol better so I didn't go (Also it would of meant I missed my last driving lesson before my test)
Reply 69
is it bad if my form is still pretty much blank? and also, do you know if its a problem if you cant make the interview day?
Original post by zirai
is it bad if my form is still pretty much blank? and also, do you know if its a problem if you cant make the interview day?

Think I read somewhere that you had to attend. Though you could email them.
Reply 71
Original post by zirai

I've tried (and eventually managed) to make sure each box is at least half full as I felt less look odd. I think you will have to attend the interview day.

http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-and-Awards/QUEST-Awards/Undergraduate-Scholarship/QUEST-Undergraduate-Scholarship
Reply 72
Original post by astrojg
I've tried (and eventually managed) to make sure each box is at least half full as I felt less look odd. I think you will have to attend the interview day.

http://www.ice.org.uk/Scholarship-and-Awards/QUEST-Awards/Undergraduate-Scholarship/QUEST-Undergraduate-Scholarship

so does that mean that if i know for sure that i cant attend i shouldnt apply?
Reply 73
Original post by zirai

Probs best to email them
Reply 74
also - another question - do you guys have internships this summer lined up??
Reply 75
Original post by zirai
also - another question - do you guys have internships this summer lined up??

No I don't
Original post by zirai

Did you get an answer?

Also, anyone sent their application off yet? :>
Reply 77
Did you get an answer?

Also, anyone sent their application off yet? :>

i didnt email them :/ haha im too scared haha
Original post by zirai
i didnt email them :/ haha im too scared haha

So are you going to apply anyways? 0:
Reply 79
So are you going to apply anyways? 0:

i havent decided yet haha if i have time to finish the form when im not focussing on exams i might :/ but i dont know because my teacher was saying that since i have an internship the company may sponsor me through uni anyway, and when i had my interview they said they would arrange for me to do my year in industry with them and stuff anyway so i dont know if i should bother haha - what do you think i should do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending