The Student Room Group

Engineering without Further Maths

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NabRoh
Just a small update to the thread:
At a Cambridge Engineering event they explicitly stated that: "If you haven't got Further Maths its unlikely you coming here" paraphrased.

i remember the attitude being along the lines of "if it's offered at your school and you didn't take it you better have a very good reason why or we'll mark you down for it" i think acceptable reasons would be bad advice from school or coming to engineering after choosing a levels....
but that's just cambridge and oxford really

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by kettlechips
i remember the attitude being along the lines of "if it's offered at your school and you didn't take it you better have a very good reason why or we'll mark you down for it" i think acceptable reasons would be bad advice from school or coming to engineering after choosing a levels....
but that's just cambridge and oxford really

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have thought "I decided I want to do Engineering later on" wouldn't float with them because Oxbridge will say "Why didn't you take it in Year 13 then?"

Yeah you're right though it's just them that have such stiff standards.
Original post by NabRoh
I would have thought "I decided I want to do Engineering later on" wouldn't float with them because Oxbridge will say "Why didn't you take it in Year 13 then?"

Yeah you're right though it's just them that have such stiff standards.

i guess then doing the as would be acceptable, but my school for instance wouldn't let anyone do even that... or you could be like oh i studied extra stuff myself...
learning c3 or c4 stuff earlier would really help for interviews...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by kettlechips
i guess then doing the as would be acceptable, but my school for instance wouldn't let anyone do even that... or you could be like oh i studied extra stuff myself...
learning c3 or c4 stuff earlier would really help for interviews...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds good. The only problem I have is doing all of this extra stuff to impress when I probably don't even have a shot at getting in :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending