The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
As-tu écrit ton travail?

Oui.
I've only got the main exams (reading, listening), and the German exams.
Original post by Octopus_Garden
Oui.
I've only got the main exams (reading, listening), and the German exams.

Bonne chance!
Reply 542
I'm swinging between terrified and relatively calmly curious about my upcoming Danish exams, at regular intervals. The reading and essay exam (think the reading part is about 90 minutes, then there's a short break, then the essay is 3 hours) is on the 21st. Then I've got listening, which weirdly enough is an hour long and actually read out by an invigilator as opposed to played on a tape, on the 31st. Then I'll have a 30 minute oral exam sometime between the 13th and the 26th June, some of which is a brief intro to settle, then a 5 minute presentation on a topic and follow-up questions on said topic - there will be three possible topics I'm notified of at least 7 days before, and I won't find out which I'm allocated until the exam starts... so I'll have to be prepared to give a 5 min presentation on any of them! :eek3:
Original post by Ronove
I'm swinging between terrified and relatively calmly curious about my upcoming Danish exams, at regular intervals. The reading and essay exam (think the reading part is about 90 minutes, then there's a short break, then the essay is 3 hours) is on the 21st. Then I've got listening, which weirdly enough is an hour long and actually read out by an invigilator as opposed to played on a tape, on the 31st. Then I'll have a 30 minute oral exam sometime between the 13th and the 26th June, some of which is a brief intro to settle, then a 5 minute presentation on a topic and follow-up questions on said topic - there will be three possible topics I'm notified of at least 7 days before, and I won't find out which I'm allocated until the exam starts... so I'll have to be prepared to give a 5 min presentation on any of them! :eek3:
Well, that gives me a sense of perspective about my A-level German exams!
J'ai besoins des gens qui parlent en galloise :frown:

Dydw i ddim yn gallu siarad yng Nghymraeg ond * devo il imparare!
J'ai besoins des gens qui parlent en galloise :frown:

Dydw i ddim yn gallu siarad yng Nghymraeg ond * devo il imparare!

Pam wyt ti'n moyn ei dysgu hi? :P
Original post by constantmeowage
Pam wyt ti'n moyn ei dysgu hi? :P

My exams are in just over a week!

What'd Moyn?:colondollar:

Dydw i ddim yn - comfortable - gyda Cymraeg ond rydw i'n eisiau - un bonne note!:frown:
My exams are in just over a week!

What'd Moyn?:colondollar:

Dydw i ddim yn - comfortable - gyda Cymraeg ond rydw i'n eisiau - un bonne note!:frown:

Ahhh wyt ti'n gwneud 'GCSE'? Dw i'n dod o'r Loegr, dw i ddim yn ei wneud e yma. :frown: Mae 'moyn' yn 'to want' :smile: Beth yw dy athrawon di yn meddwl fy mod i'n mynd i dderbyn? :smile:
x

Ydw :eek: I understand what you're trying to say, I think... :tongue:

Fy athrowes yn meddwl bod byddaf i'n cael yn A/A* ond dwi'n credu byddaf yn cael yn B maximum!
Ydw :eek: I understand what you're trying to say, I think... :tongue:

Fy athrowes yn meddwl bod byddaf i'n cael yn A/A* ond dwi'n credu byddaf yn cael yn B maximum!

hahaha dw i'n dysgu Cymraeg rhy, mae pethau fy mod ddim yn gwybod... :frown: oes rhaid i ti ddarllen a gwrando...?
hahaha dw i'n dysgu Cymraeg rhy, mae pethau fy mod ddim yn gwybod... :frown: oes rhaid i ti ddarllen a gwrando...?

Gwybod?:colondollar:

Naah, darllen a ysgrifennu:frown: writing is so hard
Gwybod?:colondollar:

Naah, darllen a ysgrifennu:frown: writing is so hard

Mae 'gwybod' yn 'to know' :P

What do you have to write about?
Mae 'gwybod' yn 'to know' :P

What do you have to write about?

Aah!

It varies a lot...

From 'Describe your Area' to 'do you believe sports and sporting starts receive to much media coverage"

I cant even answer the latter in french, or even English!
Aah!

It varies a lot...

From 'Describe your Area' to 'do you believe sports and sporting starts receive to much media coverage"

I cant even answer the latter in french, or even English!

And you're supposed to know the words for 'sports coverage'...? :/ what's the good grammar that you need to know, my Welsh is meh? :P
And you're supposed to know the words for 'sports coverage'...? :/ what's the good grammar that you need to know, my Welsh is meh? :P

No idea :dontknow:

I need vocab badly... And remember the tenses...
No idea :dontknow:

I need vocab badly... And remember the tenses...

Well I can't help on vocabulary, but just remember:

Dw i'n/ ti'n/Mae fe'n/Mae hi'n etc
Dw i wedi etc
Bydda i'n etc
Hoffwn i etc

How are you taught to construct the past tense? Do you 'siaradais i' or 'wnes i siarad'?

Remember you prepositional declensions like:
i MI, IDDO fe/hi
Amdana i/amdanat ti/amdano fe etc

Remember your 'sydd' clauses

Dw i'n adnabod rhywun sy'n ennill y gêm

Remember your other relative clauses with 'bod'

And all the mutation rules!
Well I can't help on vocabulary, but just remember:

Dw i'n/ ti'n/Mae fe'n/Mae hi'n etc
Dw i wedi etc
Bydda i'n etc
Hoffwn i etc
______
How are you taught to construct the past tense? Do you 'siaradais i' or 'wnes i siarad'?

Remember you prepositional declensions like:
i MI, IDDO fe/hi
Amdana i/amdanat ti/amdano fe etc

Remember your 'sydd' clauses

Dw i'n adnabod rhywun sy'n ennill y gêm

Remember your other relative clauses with 'bod'

And all the mutation rules!

I don't know below that line! And we use siaradaist ti etc
I don't know below that line! And we use siaradaist ti etc

Okay, so prepositional declensions is like how the preposition changed as to which pronoun is next to it. It doesn't happen with every preposition (e.g wrth), but it does in some of the more common ones.

So for example, the preposition 'i'. This means to, most of the time.

However, to say 'to me', 'i i' doesn't work. Therefore it changes to 'i fi'. Then, 'i ti' is fine, but then when you get to 'fe/hi', i becomes 'Iddo/iddi'. So 'iddo fe, iddi hi'. Then 'i ni/chi' are both fine, but when you get to 'nhw', it becomes 'iddon nhw'.

This happens with 'o' and with 'am' and with others, so learn these. :smile:

---

'Sydd' is used as a relative pronoun. It is used to mean 'that/who are doing/have done'. So to say 'This is the boy who is winning', you'd say:

"Dyma'r bachgen sy'n ennill" (sydd yn contracts to 'sy'n')

---

When I say relative clauses, I mean sentences like 'I think that he is a boy'

Dw i'n credu ei fod e'n bachgen.

---

And mutations, so like remembering to soften the next word with feminine nouns and adjectives (so cath is feminine, so it becomes 'y gath'), with some of the numbers, and some of the possessive adjectives (so work is 'gwaith', and 'your work/job' is 'dy waith di'). And then the rules of aspirates and nasals.

HOWEVER

It is much better that you produce a piece of work with grammar which you are more confident about rather than make big mistakes on grammar you don't know, so use what I've written with a large pinch of salt. I'm just trying to jog your memory if you have learnt about these aspects. :smile: It's MUCH better to be accurate than to be inaccurate, so if you're not sure about what I've written, don't use it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Okay, so prepositional declensions is like how the preposition changed as to which pronoun is next to it. It doesn't happen with every preposition (e.g wrth), but it does in some of the more common ones.

So for example, the preposition 'i'. This means to, most of the time.

However, to say 'to me', 'i i' doesn't work. Therefore it changes to 'i fi'. Then, 'i ti' is fine, but then when you get to 'fe/hi', i becomes 'Iddo'. So 'iddo fe, iddo hi'. Then 'i ni/chi' are both fine, but when you get to 'nhw', it becomes 'iddon nhw'.

This happens with 'o' and with 'am' and with others, so learn these. :smile:

---

'Sydd' is used as a relative pronoun. It is used to mean 'that/who are doing/have done'. So to say 'This is the boy who is winning', you'd say:

"Dyma'r bachgen sy'n ennill" (sydd yn contracts to 'sy'n')

---

When I say relative clauses, I mean sentences like 'I think that he is a boy'

Dw i'n credu ei fod e'n bachgen.

---

And mutations, so like remembering to soften the next word with feminine nouns and adjectives (so cath is feminine, so it becomes 'y gath'), with some of the numbers, and some of the possessive adjectives (so work is 'gwaith', and 'your work/job' is 'dy waith di'). And then the rules of aspirates and nasals.

HOWEVER

It is much better that you produce a piece of work with grammar which you are more confident about rather than make big mistakes on grammar you don't know, so use what I've written with a large pinch of salt. I'm just trying to jog your memory if you have learnt about these aspects. :smile: It's MUCH better to be accurate than to be inaccurate, so if you're not sure about what I've written, don't use it.

Do you have something I could try and write?

I've no idea what to say
Do you have something I could try and write?

I've no idea what to say

In what way? I've never done lessons in it, so I'm not very reliable in it at all, I'm afraid. I checked all of that^ stuff before I sent it.

(Edit: made a mistake regarding 'iddo fe/iddi hi' - check back to my edited paragraph)
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending