The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qasidb
Valencia OFF
Kagawa ON

I want to see this for the start of the 2nd half.

That wouldn't make sense. Who would go on the right?

Valencia will stay on and be awful for yet another 90 minutes
Reply 3261
Original post by Tommyjw
That wouldn't make sense. Who would go on the right?

Valencia will stay on and be awful for yet another 90 minutes

Meh, just put Kagawa on the right then. Who cares that it's not where he usually plays. He'll be better than Valencia. Just replace Valenica with someone. I don't care who just put someone else there. Even de Gea. He's tall, he looks fast to me, he's got great distribution so his crosses might actually land on the pitch instead of in China. He could probably do a better job than him :tongue:.
Original post by IanDangerously
It's certainly not United's worst year in Europe. Finishing dead last in a very easy group in 2006 was worse. The FL record points setting, double winning team of 93/94 failing to even make it into the group stage was worse. Whimpering out of the tournament to Gothenburg the year after, also worse.

And those seasons were followed up with whimpering out to the European giants of Rotor Volograd in the first round of the UEFA Cup (1995 - 1996). That round only notable for Schmeichel's goal in the second leg.

Personally I think 05-06 "tops" 11-12, although at least that team has won the double (or would win the double), unlike 94-95 and 95-96.
Tackle from behind not given = Chelsea goal.

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times
I think this kind of a game is the worst case scenario for Chelsea. Lots of expenditure but only 1 point. They need to get 3 point from one of the games.
Reply 3265
Original post by qasidb
Meh, just put Kagawa on the right then. Who cares that it's not where he usually plays. He'll be better than Valencia. Just replace Valenica with someone. I don't care who just put someone else there. Even de Gea. He's tall, he looks fast to me, he's got great distribution so his crosses might actually land on the pitch instead of in China. He could probably do a better job than him :tongue:.

The part of de gea made me laugh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3266
Original post by Tommyjw

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times

To be fair Ramires actually got some of the ball so it wasn't a foul on Rooney.
Original post by qasidb
To be fair Ramires actually got some of the ball so it wasn't a foul on Rooney.

Coming through a player to get the ball, doesn't matter if he got the ball or not.
Reply 3268
Original post by Tommyjw

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times

United fans seem to have a very short term memory.

Just to remind you in October.

Offside goal = won you the match.
Reply 3269
Original post by qasidb
But we got to the Champions league final and lost to, at the time, the greatest club team ever.
Unless if you're also talking about the group stage exit later that year.

Don't remember the group stages but I remember the finals I believe we lost because of ronaldos greed but as somebody else said I don't think we've properly established ourselves in Europe compared to bayern barca

I think it's mostly because we don't attack enough we just absorb the opponents attacks but this year we went for it against Madrid and it went well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3270
I agree that there was a slight deflection from Phil Jones for the goal but not enough to call it an own goal but it's been given as just that. I feel sorry for Jones. How many own goals has he got to his name?
Original post by chigyy
United fans seem to have a very short term memory.

Just to remind you in October.

Offside goal = won you the match.

Just to remind you

October games = irrelevant to the point
Cleverley and Anderson. Wow.

And Luiz, the prick
Reply 3273
Original post by Tommyjw
Just to remind you

Well it was a vital game, we could've gone 7 points clear you never know what could've happened.

And it wasn't a dive by Luiz, he clearly kicked him.
Original post by Tommyjw
Just to remind you

Just to remind you that the ref was right on all occasions this game.
Aggressive intent = violent conduct which is a red card.
Ramires clearly got the ball and barely touched Rooney let alone go through his legs. You pitiful loser.
Original post by chigyy

And it wasn't a dive by Luiz, he clearly kicked him.

Contact wouldn't have even made Luis go over, let alone roll around holding his leg.. and laugh about it.

Original post by cleveradam
Just to remind you that the ref was right on all occasions this game.

Like the offside decision, indeed.
Phil Jones has now scored 3 goals against Manchester United and 2 for them in his 52 games. Oops.

Ref got the sending off correct, result of the game means nothing other than meaning we can't set a club record now. I'm already looking forward to pre-season and the summer.
Reply 3277
Original post by Tommyjw
Contact wouldn't have even made Luis go over, let alone roll around holding his leg.. and laugh about it.

I'm sorry if this isn't a kick then I don't know what is.

YOU MAD BRO :biggrin:
Reply 3278
Original post by Tommyjw

Luiz dive = Rafael red.

Good times

Unfortunately - perfect tackle by Ramires - got all of the ball.

Rafael took a swipe at Luiz.

Was a little surprised that it was a red though.
Luiz is a dick, but Rafael gave the ref no choice.

Another **** performance. Nothing new, though.

Latest