The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8260
I hate it when teachers just get students onto a C and then not attempt to aim higher, major problem in my school, especially in the English department, but Maths department is okay (atm 60% have A*-B and 80% A*-C)
Original post by Elm Tree
Ahh you did better than me :tongue: I got 30/40. Just scraped an A*. I might do another this evening. A* is 29/30 on Edexcel btw if you're wondering :wink:

Oh right I'm doing AQA French! My one was two marks above the boundary *phew* Well done anyway (and good luck for the real beast)! I would do another one but hayfever is taking it's toll...:redface:
Original post by gomg
I hate it when teachers just get students onto a C and then not attempt to aim higher, major problem in my school, especially in the English department, but Maths department is okay (atm 60% have A*-B and 80% A*-C)

That's what they're like in IT for me, just making us do PASS LEvel because we didn't take it as an option
Original post by Pabblethefish

*please don't suggest reading it :wink: That's what my English teacher did.

That's what my 'teacher' says too, as 'the best way to revise' :facepalm:
Original post by JustaDreamer
Oh right I'm doing AQA French! My one was two marks above the boundary *phew* Well done anyway (and good luck for the real beast)! I would do another one but hayfever is taking it's toll...:redface:

The real beast? Sounds scary :eek2:
Ahh hayfever sucks :frown: I remember I had it for one summer then I never got it again.

Waking up early, itchy eyes, itchy nose... :console:
(edited 10 years ago)
When does everyone actually go on study leave?

I start on the 16th, although B3 is on the 14th!

A WEEK THURSDAY UNTIL MY UNIFORM IS DEEMED USELESS.
The real beast? Sounds scary :eek2:
Ahh hayfever sucks :frown: I remember I had it for one summer then I never got it again.

Waking up early, itchy eyes, itchy nose... :console:

You're lucky it went away so quickly! And...'the real beast'...that would be my absurd, hayfever induced imagination *Hears French papers roaring and howling in the not-so-far future* :h:

I don't think I get study leave! :mad:
Reply 8268

It never starts because I'm not getting it :cool:
Wow, really? I thought it was standard for all schools. Apart from the miscreants who can't be trusted :wink:
Reply 8270
*logs into sam learning to find I have 20,000 points*

I am epic :cool:

I think I might burn my blazer
Original post by gomg
*logs into sam learning to find I have 20,000 points*

I am epic :cool:

I've never logged into my sam learning :lol:
Reply 8273
apart from the miscreants who can't be trusted :wink:

Precisely.We're not allowed it because of the year who left last :frown:
Original post by MattFletcher
That's what they're like in IT for me, just making us do PASS LEvel because we didn't take it as an option

I refused to do IT at my school :mmm: I was on track for Distinction at my old school, I come to a new school and am told I might get a Pass if I try.

I'm like "**** that" and do nothing for a year or two. The Assistant Head gets pissed and presents me with arguments such as "You're a member of this school so you'll do it" and I'm like "I highly doubt you'll expel me" (didn't actually say this but thought it) and then haven't done anything since. I feel really bad about it because my IT teacher actually talked to my mother in person suddenly (her son plays football with my sister), and I'm like "man I don't want my mother having to deal with that" but it's cool now my IT teacher just ignores my existence :mmm:
My school doesn't have Sam learning :frown: We have MYLO, MyMaths, Linguascope and probably a few others but we don't have Sam Learning and this saddens me. I'm pretty competitive when it comes to chemistry and it saddens me that i can't show off :frown:

I'm already on it :smile: I have to wear my uniform for exams though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

16th for me also :awesome:

I think I might burn my blazer

Never really understood this need to incinerate school-related items :tongue: Do you really feel like you need to make that kind of statement (it's not even that strong a statement :lol:)?
Reply 8278
My school doesn't have Sam learning :frown: We have MYLO, MyMaths, Linguascope and probably a few others but we don't have Sam Learning and this saddens me. I'm pretty competitive when it comes to chemistry and it saddens me that i can't show off :frown:

It's not that good but we also have have mymaths and linguascope which are great
Original post by sarahiscool
I'm already on it :smile: I have to wear my uniform for exams though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, there's that too :frown:

Latest