The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingMessi
I'm actually more than a little disappointed with Luiz's reaction there. He was really quite juvenile today - there was no need for him to get so worked up over a throw-in either.

And when the Chelsea players don't show any desire and spirit, the same people say the players are overpaid pricks.
That's the aggression and passion you need when playing a game.
Original post by This Honest
I detest arsenal fans so this is good :biggrin:
Chelsea and spurs top 4

Would actually like to see Spurs not finish on top 4 then see whether Bale stays or leaves. Without Bale they wouldn't even be near Top 5/6.
Original post by cleveradam
And when the Chelsea players don't show any desire and spirit, the same people say the players are overpaid pricks.

'People' might do, but I don't.

If that is how 'aggression' and 'passion' and 'spirit' are supposed to manifest themselves, I'm not too concerned with players having any. Making the effort to close a man down: a positive manifestation of desire. Screaming like a five-year old for a good minute over a throw-in: negative manifestation of desire.
Reply 1883
Bit of a dick reaction from Luiz, but I don't think he was laughing at getting Rafael sent off because I thought he was only getting a yellow and he won the free kick.

I think Ferguson's lack of a physical reaction indicated that he was annoyed, but not that bothered considering United have already won the League.
Reply 1884
if we beat spurs that should be enough to get top 4 spot. as for bale, hes too good to be at spurs, once again bale bails out spurs late in the game. but i would have preferred spurs get top 4 over arsenal who's fan are more arrogant and obnoxious.
Reply 1885
Original post by KingMessi
I'm actually more than a little disappointed with Luiz's reaction there. He was really quite juvenile today - there was no need for him to get so worked up over a throw-in either.

Yeah, reminded me a little about sanchez and terry. Was a red though. They'll make up when they play for brazil in the world cup.
Reply 1886

i <3 CHELSEA!
Original post by slade p
if we beat spurs that should be enough to get top 4 spot. as for bale, hes too good to be at spurs, once again bale bails out spurs late in the game. but i would have preferred spurs get top 4 over arsenal who's fan are more arrogant and obnoxious.

:cry2:
Reply 1888
also im glad howard webb didnt screw chelsea again against united. i guess its so obvious hes pro man utd that he deliberately didnt want to be seen as giving a helping hand to united again( atleast for this game).
Reply 1889
Original post by cleveradam

Controlled aggression tbh. It could have just easily have been frustration. Anyway I can't really say too much about the performance, should have put away our chances earlier I guess but we deserved to win the match. Controlled the midfield fairly well and got a goal vs a lacklustre man united. Plus we hadn't won at old trafford for some time.
Reply 1890
Original post by TH3-FL45H
:cry2:

I only want you guys out of there because you waste a CL spot. Tottenham have got further in the CL in one season than you have in the past 3 years...
Reply 1891
We were so awful. Especially going forward.

The amount of misplaced passes today, jeez :facepalm2:

Didn't Mata in the end though; vital, vital three points!
Reply 1892
chelsea for next season need 1 striker, 1 defensive midfielder and maybe another defender. lots of different strikers are linked to chelsea lately but we only need 1 since ba is here and torres is likely to stay but even if he goes we still only need 1 more. moses lately has been doing good.

fellaini would b best defensive midfielder we could get. for a striker any striker who scores regularly at a top level would do. certainly no one should obsess about falcao.
Reply 1893
Won £35 quid off that game. Best bit is it was an Arsenal fan who persuaded me to watch it at the pub and put a bet on it!
Reply 1894
Original post by slade p
chelsea for next season need 1 striker, 1 defensive midfielder and maybe another defender. lots of different strikers are linked to chelsea lately but we only need 1 since ba is here and torres is likely to stay but even if he goes we still only need 1 more. moses lately has been doing good.

fellaini would b best defensive midfielder we could get. for a striker any striker who scores regularly at a top level would do. certainly no one should obsess about falcao.

Fellaini isn't needed I feel. I'd say that we need alonso or sahin than a DM like fellaini, we have that in romeu, luiz and mikel. Lampard leaving. Moses has been doing well in europa especially I've been impressed. But he needs to sort out his end product before he turns into kalou. He has technique but he mi****s the ball alot but he has power and pace.

Agree with striker, we have lukaku who fits the bill but maybe a big striker to tutor him next season if we can shift torres... If we can't shift torres then we'd just have to make do with what we got being those three.

We're fine for CB's I feel. Even if luiz goes into DM(which would be intermittently) we'd have 3 more CB's, add to that chalobah potentially getting into the team next season and the likes of essien coming back from loan(for midfield) we'd be pretty overfilled in the DM area for luiz to get loads of games there. We only need a CB of quality(dante/barzaghli mould) otherwise we'd be fine with our current defenders for depth. Think we have the best CB depth and quality in the league.
Reply 1895
Oh yeah. 4 points off 2nd place too. If we can beat tottenham I think we can make it as city don't give a crap. If we get second place and a trophy(which I thought we'd get at the start of the season) then I've got to say hands down to rafa. Seems like no matter what our squad will pull itself together and salvage the best out of a season. Personally we could easily be doing better but I didn't expect the fireworks to start. We're clearly strong contenders for the title next season though. Our season reminds me of city's 10-11 season

I think we'll beat tottenham personally and this win has pretty much confirmed our top 4 status.
Wouldn't mind Everton beating us... Would that make it possible for them to get 4th so Spurs AND Arsenal miss out? :colone:
Mata has scored 18 goals, and has 34 assists this season in all competitions. Unbelievable.
Reply 1898
Original post by jam277
Oh yeah. 4 points off 2nd place too. If we can beat tottenham I think we can make it as city don't give a crap. If we get second place and a trophy(which I thought we'd get at the start of the season) then I've got to say hands down to rafa. Seems like no matter what our squad will pull itself together and salvage the best out of a season. Personally we could easily be doing better but I didn't expect the fireworks to start. We're clearly strong contenders for the title next season though. Our season reminds me of city's 10-11 season

I think we'll beat tottenham personally and this win has pretty much confirmed our top 4 status.

if we can get mourinho thats half of what needs to be done for next season. were always close to winning something and so we need a gr8 manager like him who would win the important games. only adding more gr8 players mainly only makes a difference at a cup level at the later stages of the competition but for league we need a great manager aswell like mourinho.
Original post by StephenNaulls
Wouldn't mind Everton beating us... Would that make it possible for them to get 4th so Spurs AND Arsenal miss out? :colone:

No but you can make everton get 5th and europa league but that means everton win their last two and spurs lose their last three

So its pretty unlikely

Latest