The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Well does anyone have a clue on what will come for the activity 1 on the unit-3 paper?????
:cool:
Been doing some practise in class but im not understanding it! Really worried! does anyone have any good notes i can revise from? Thanks, much appreciated!:smile:
Original post by eawilliams
I have this exam too, compiling my notes right now.. and I have a spreadsheet practice file based on the case study! (:

Could you attach your notes? would really help, thanks!
Reply 23
I need help with Unit 2 (Section B,C and D)
Reply 24
Hi, does anyone know what is likely to come up for activity 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've attached some things, I dont know if they'll be useful to you guys, but play around and check it out (:...
Reply 27
who wants notes for unit 3
I always find answering the question "How could you improve the model?" quite difficult:/
Does anyone have any suggestions for the tour de tournesol model?
Thanks!:smile:
Original post by eawilliams
I've attached some things, I dont know if they'll be useful to you guys, but play around and check it out (:...

Thankyouu soo much!! The files are really useful!
Do you have a completed model by any chance? If so could you attatch it please?
Thankyouu!!:smile:
Reply 30
Guys the most helpful thing would be a complete excel spreadsheet model so if anyone has a complete version, please provide the rest of us with it. Another very essential thing would be predicting the questions that are likely to come up or atleast lets comeup with a model answer for activity one since the questions on it are related to the scenario not the spreadsheet model. Guys, we all should work very hard and help each other and predict the questions and provide each other with as much information as possible in order to ace this exam.
Cheers,
I have a feeling the first answer would be something along the lines of... write 12 key facts as they usually have this as their first answer. And perhaps write about the data files you are going to use? And what descions do you have to make?
Also ways to improve the model?
Does anyone have any suggested answers to these?
Thanks
Reply 32
Hey!! this is wat i came up with so far for activity 1... Anyone has an idea wat are the assumptions that could be made??
Reply 33
Hi guys,

I too will be taking this exam in May. I have what i feel is a completed model, all you have to do is find the correct routes for each of the stage.

I have started to try find my way through the stages and paths but ignore mine and start with yours.

I wish you all luck and this is helpful :smile:CompleteModelTDT_pre.release.xls
Reply 34
Does anyone have a completed model and if so can you upload it?? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the formuals going to be the same?
Reply 36
What are the formulas that need to be used and will they be the same in the actual paper?
Reply 37
Original post by ljb.95
Hi guys,

I too will be taking this exam in May. I have what i feel is a completed model, all you have to do is find the correct routes for each of the stage.

I have started to try find my way through the stages and paths but ignore mine and start with yours.

I wish you all luck and this is helpful :smile:CompleteModelTDT_pre.release.xls

Looks like you have got the right ideas.
Reply 38
Original post by TamarB
Hi, does anyone know what is likely to come up for activity 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said that activity 1 and 2 is normally roughly the same sort of questions whatever the situation,
Activity 2 is probably the assumptions that you make in the sitiuation and factors that might effect what you have have to do.. but thats just a educated guess :P
Hello! I am taking this exam on May 20th and would like some help figuring out about the Climb Calculation sheet. Please? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending