The Student Room Group

Cambridge step prep summer school

has anyone applied for the Cambridge step prep summer school this year?

Scroll to see replies

Yep, not heard back yet though...
Reply 2
me neither. any idea when they're supposed to get back to us by?
Reply 3
Original post by kfmp
me neither. any idea when they're supposed to get back to us by?

Think they just said we'll hear back some time in April - so hopefully in the next few weeks!

EDIT: I think I made this up. Ignore me!! But hopefully it will be soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ambbs
Think they just said we'll hear back some time in April - so hopefully in the next few weeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

when did they say we would hear back from them in April?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by SamGrainger95
when did they say we would hear back from them in April?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay I could have sworn I read April somewhere but I can't find any evidence of this so ignore me - may have just been wishful thinking on my part or I might have got it confused with something else I applied for :colondollar: sorry! But who knows, maybe we will hear back from them in the next few weeks with any luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
Is it too late to apply?
Reply 7
Original post by raiden95
Is it too late to apply?

Yes, unfortunately - bookings closed a few weeks ago, sorry :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by ambbs
Yes, unfortunately - bookings closed a few weeks ago, sorry :frown:

Oh damn it! Well i guess i can ask you guys to pass any useful info on after :tongue:
Original post by ambbs
Okay I could have sworn I read April somewhere but I can't find any evidence of this so ignore me - may have just been wishful thinking on my part or I might have got it confused with something else I applied for :colondollar: sorry! But who knows, maybe we will hear back from them in the next few weeks with any luck :biggrin:

yeah getting my hopes up there haha, really hope i've been accepted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just looking at the email from the Sutton Trust summer school I applied for in parallel to this one,

"Consideration of your application takes place between April 2013 and early June 2013 during which time you will hear directly from your chosen summer school."

Whether or not that carries across to the STEP one I've no idea unfortunately! And raiden, I can't imagine you'll miss a huge deal as most people won't have done C3/4 or FP2/3 etc so I can't see the advice being particularly STEP-specific this early on, just general problem-solving skills I'd imagine... Hopefully it gives us an idea of whether STEP lives up to the horror stories so I can decide whether or not to run off to Computer Science instead :biggrin:
Just had an email to say we should hear by the 1st of May, bit of an anticlimax when I opened that...
Reply 12
Original post by TheAngusBurger
Just had an email to say we should hear by the 1st of May, bit of an anticlimax when I opened that...

Oh I got excited when I saw you'd posted on this thread, hoped you were going to say you'd heard back! At least it's not too long to wait :smile:
Just had a letter through the post, I've got in :biggrin: Anybody else heard back? I'm surprised they didn't email us...
Reply 14
YEAH cannot believe I got in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _JC95
YEAH cannot believe I got in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That leaves another 38 of us then! I'm looking forward to it, still not sure what I want to apply for so I think seeing whether STEP is really the insurmountable mountain that it's made out to be will be useful...
Reply 16
Original post by TheAngusBurger
That leaves another 38 of us then! I'm looking forward to it, still not sure what I want to apply for so I think seeing whether STEP is really the insurmountable mountain that it's made out to be will be useful...

I think I'm intent on Maths but I'm leaning towards a combined degree with something such as economics lor statistics. The only problem is that Cambridge offer no such degree. Certainly looking forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _JC95
I think I'm intent on Maths but I'm leaning towards a combined degree with something such as economics lor statistics. The only problem is that Cambridge offer no such degree. Certainly looking forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, places like Warwick offer a lot more flexibility although the Maths Tripos does broaden out as the years go on if I recall correctly... Leaning towards CompSci myself, possibly joint honours with Maths but again Cambridge don't offer that as a degree, just extra maths in the first year... Ah well, this is good motivation to revise if nothing else!
I'm also going :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been accepted! :biggrin: And I'm pretty surprised too, despite how much I wanted it, at the back of my mind I felt the odds of getting in were against me.

I used to be intent on doing Physical Natural Sciences, and maining in Physics, but chemistry AS has kicked that right out of me. I'm either doing a pure Physics degree now, or Maths with Physics as Cambridge offer.

Quick Reply

Latest