The Student Room Group

Sciences Po PSIA Intake 2013

I've been admitted to the MIA in International Energy - anyone else here who's planning to start at PSIA this September?

Best, Ann
Reply 1
no one? :smile:
Reply 2
Hi, Ann!

I've been admitted to the International Security programme! Still waiting for news on the KSP scholarship I applied for, tough...
Did/will you apply for any scholarships?
Reply 3
@Ann 487,

I have been accepted to Msc International Energy. I would like to know how you secure your accommodation if you have secured any. I am frm Nigeria and the accommodation I have seen onlne are just not within my reach.

Could you sugges a cheaper way to get accommodation?

I look forward meeting you in Sept.
Reply 4
Hey all,

I got accepted into the International Public Management program. I'm still waiting for a reply to the LSE-Sciences Po Double Degree though, which they will send out in the beginning of May, but I'm not sure what I will do yet. It's likely I'll go to Paris in any case :smile:

Have you guys searched for accommodation already? And do you have any financial support, because I'm a bit hesitant with definitely choosing because of the financial picture.

In any case, excited to meet you all! I'm from the Netherlands, you guys?
Reply 5
Original post by ricardodcs
Hi, Ann!

I've been admitted to the International Security programme! Still waiting for news on the KSP scholarship I applied for, tough...
Did/will you apply for any scholarships?

Hi Ricardo,
I'll be funded by a German organisation. I haven't applied for any scholarships with Sciences Po, because they take too long to reply. I couldn't have afforded the uncertainty.
Good luck with the KSP scholarship!!

Original post by juliusdudu
@Ann 487,

I have been accepted to Msc International Energy. I would like to know how you secure your accommodation if you have secured any. I am frm Nigeria and the accommodation I have seen onlne are just not within my reach.

Could you sugges a cheaper way to get accommodation?

I look forward meeting you in Sept.

Great! So I shall see you in class.

Finding accommodation is a true nightmare in Paris. I haven't found anything myself yet, because I'm currently working in Asia. I have friends in Paris who will host me for a while though.

Virtually all people I know move to Paris a few weeks before uni starts and then pound the pavements for apartments. As far as I know it's the most expensive option to book with an online agency, because they charge €1000 for agency fees and require you to pay a few months in advance.

I'm not sure, but doesn't Sciences Po have housing option for master students? You should find out more about that.

Another option might be to apply for housing benefits:
http://formation.sciences-po.fr/node/219

Good luck!!

Original post by limune
Hey all,

I got accepted into the International Public Management program. I'm still waiting for a reply to the LSE-Sciences Po Double Degree though, which they will send out in the beginning of May, but I'm not sure what I will do yet. It's likely I'll go to Paris in any case :smile:

Have you guys searched for accommodation already? And do you have any financial support, because I'm a bit hesitant with definitely choosing because of the financial picture.

In any case, excited to meet you all! I'm from the Netherlands, you guys?

Hi limune,

good luck with your double degree application. Wouldn't the first year be taught at Sciences Po anyway?

Do you know anything about Sciences Po housing options?

I'm from Germany.

See you soon,
Ann
Reply 6
@ Ann, I hope to meet you n September however, I would like to inquire if you could link me up with the German organization for funding. I would also appreciate it if you have other sources I could contact for assistance and any suggestion on how to contact them.

Accommodation is my greatest concern here. The amount I have seen online is not withn what I can afford. To make the matter worse, the french embassy mandate Nigerian student to have booked and paid for their accommodation before being issued a visa. I wouldn't know why the Nigerian requirement is different from other nationals.

Pls, shouyld anyone knows any agency I can contact for finances, kindly let me know. I would be willing to send you a private mail.

Thank you all.
Reply 7
Original post by ann487
Hi Ricardo,
I'll be funded by a German organisation. I haven't applied for any scholarships with Sciences Po, because they take too long to reply. I couldn't have afforded the uncertainty.
Good luck with the KSP scholarship!!

Indeed, they take too long to reply! I applied on the first round. The second round deadline has already expired and I haven't received a response yet!

Guys, I've seen a lot of posts concerning accomodation... Well, Sciences Po has a website to help us with that: http://logements.sciencespo.fr/
There we can talk directly to the owners, instead of being mediated by an agency!

Also, there's the Cité Internationale (CIUP): http://www.ciup.fr/
The prices depend on which house we are "assigned" to, but I believe they are cheaper then elsewhere.
If you log in your Sciences Po user connection (scolarite.sciences-po.fr) and go to "Course registration", they display the period of registration at CIUP as between May 6 and June 7, although the CIUP website says that we can apply anytime, and that they reply about 60 days before our expected date of arrival!

I'm from Brazil, by the way! (:
Reply 8
Nice to meet you in the virtual world, Ricardo. :-)

Does anyone know when course registration starts?
Reply 9
Indeed, they take too long to reply! I applied on the first round. The second round deadline has already expired and I haven't received a response yet!

Guys, I've seen a lot of posts concerning accomodation... Well, Sciences Po has a website to help us with that: http://logements.sciencespo.fr/
There we can talk directly to the owners, instead of being mediated by an agency!

Also, there's the Cité Internationale (CIUP): http://www.ciup.fr/
The prices depend on which house we are "assigned" to, but I believe they are cheaper then elsewhere.
If you log in your Sciences Po user connection (scolarite.sciences-po.fr) and go to "Course registration", they display the period of registration at CIUP as between May 6 and June 7, although the CIUP website says that we can apply anytime, and that they reply about 60 days before our expected date of arrival!

I'm from Brazil, by the way! (:

Thanks a lot ricardodcs. Concerning the login-codes, I did not get any yet. Did you receive them by mail? I think I heard already about one month ago that I was accepted, but haven't received anything since.

CIUP does sound very appealing. If it says between May 6/June 7th I have to hurry up though, I suppose!

And indeed, does anyone know anything about course registration?
Reply 10
Mail the admission office for your code. I got mine two days after I was accepted. There is a notice on the website that anyone who does not receive his code should request from the admission office.

Goning by what I read from there last mail, registration should starts later this month
Reply 11
I applied to ciup last month and I was informed that I will get reply in 2 months time
Reply 12
Original post by ann487
Nice to meet you in the virtual world, Ricardo. :-)

Does anyone know when course registration starts?

Nice to meet you too, Ann!
I believe it starts this month!

Original post by juliusdudu
I applied to ciup last month and I was informed that I will get reply in 2 months time

Julius,

Would you mind helping me with some doubts?
Yesterday I aws filling in the application form for CIUP and, in the field "university" (or "institution", I don't quite remember it and I don't have access to my computer right now) I couldn't find a simple option "Sciences Po". The most similar was "Sciences Po stage", or something like that... Is that it?
Also, could you tell me the period of stay you specified? As we don't have a calendar yet, I am not sure when our summer vacations start. Would it be in June?
Finally, they ask us to specify our scholarship, if we have one. I have just been awarded the KSP Scholarship, but i didn't find it in the scholarships list they provide. Any tips on this matter?

Thank you and, as Ann would say, nice to meet you in the virtual world!

Original post by limune
Thanks a lot ricardodcs. Concerning the login-codes, I did not get any yet. Did you receive them by mail? I think I heard already about one month ago that I was accepted, but haven't received anything since.

CIUP does sound very appealing. If it says between May 6/June 7th I have to hurry up though, I suppose!

And indeed, does anyone know anything about course registration?

Limune,

I agree with Julius. You should send an e-mail to the admission office and request your login-codes as soon as possible!

In relation to the CIUP, as I could understand it this morning, this period, between May 6/June 7 is for applying for some rooms reserve for Sciences Po student between August 22 and September 30 only. However, you can apply for a longer period directly at CIUP website.

And nice to meet you virtually!

Guys, what do you think about creating a Facebook group page for PSIA's students (2013-2015)?
Reply 13
Guys, voi the administrative calendar!
http://formation.sciences-po.fr/calendrier-inscription

So, course registration starts by the end of the month..."
Reply 14
Ricardo, Let me start by congratulating you for your KSP scholarship. I really hope it helps yo in reducing the cost of obtaining your MSC. I hope I have a decision soon too.On CIUP, yes, I chose sciences po stage. I was also confused but it was the closest name to sciences po on the list although I must admit that my French is poor. Anyone with good french knowledge should help us out.
Reply 15
Ricardo,

Let me start by congratulating you for your KSP scholarship. I really hope it helps you in reducing the cost of obtaining your MSC at Sciences. I hope I have a decision soon too since I submitted my application few days to the closing date.

On CIUP, yes, I chose sciences po stage. I was also confused but it was the closest name to sciences po on the list although I must admit that my French is poor. Anyone with good french knowledge should help us out.

On the duration, I indicated interest to stay for a year however, since I am paying on a monthly basis, I can vacate the apartment when the session finishes. I think it finishes in May.

I chose family, others and employment for the sponsor of my accommodation since I had no scholarship on ground when I filled the form. I am still hoping to get KSP anyway. You can just register and mail them after completion of the registration. You can modify your info.

A facebook page will be cool
Reply 16
Hey guys!

I created a facebook page for PSIA new students! For now, it's just me and Julius, but that's why I'm here inviting all of you to search it as "Sciences Po PSIA 2013-2015" (I gave the group a name similar to other PSIA group pages on Facebook).
I don't think I can paste the link here, that's why I'm just giving you the name of it.

I hope it works out (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hey guys!

I created a facebook page for PSIA new students! For now, it's just me and Julius, but that's why I'm here inviting all of you to search it as "Sciences Po PSIA 2013-2015" (I gave the group a name similar to other PSIA group pages on Facebook).
I don't think I can paste the link here, that's why I'm just giving you the name of it.

I hope it works out (:

Hey Ricardodcs, I can't seem to find the Facebook page. Is it an Open Group? And otherwise, could you send me the link to the group?
Reply 18
Original post by limune
Hey Ricardodcs, I can't seem to find the Facebook page. Is it an Open Group? And otherwise, could you send me the link to the group?

I did set it up as an open group! I don't know why this is happening, ann487 had the same problem!

Here's the link!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/533122706733918

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Hi,

I got admitted to the Masters in International Program. Just got notified yesterday. Super excited.

I am Keshav, an engineer and from India. Waiting for the schol decisions and hope to meet you guys. BTW there is not much info on the website. Could we try to compile info and queries? I have joined the fb page and we could do it there, seems a better forum, wotsay?

K

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending