Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Just firmed for International Business Management :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 281
Original post by JackCroxford
also doing International Business!:smile: Not a clue what to do about accommodation yet though:/

sweet! :smile: you any further forward with accommodation? X
Reply 282
Original post by Lemon juice
Heyyyyy!!! Finally met someone doin the same subject!!! Hahahaha! I was thinking about applying to chalmers but then I'm now looking at pollock halls cuz I heard a lot of people saying bad things about unite accommodation. And I had a look at John brunet and chancellors pics online. And it seems to be very nice. And I heard a lot of undergraduates are staying at pollock halls. So I think I might get more social life out there. But I'm still struggling tho...=[

ohhhh no don't say that, my first two choices are unite!! :frown:
i went for self-catered purely because i don't like eating at fixed times! i guess i'd prefer to have food on tap when i want it, and a wee kitchen and stuff! X
Reply 283
Does anyone know if we still need to send Edinburgh our exam certificates/TOEFL scores/etc if they gave us an unconditional offer?

And for other international students, have you applied/asked for CAS yet? Thanks! :smile:
Reply 284
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
The Coca Cola scholarship has been wildly competitive for many years - so unfortunately it just means that slim odds became slimmer. As with any competitive funding in higher education, I wouldn't be making plans based on securing it until you know one way or another (and in this case I would be making plans without it).

I am wondering what are they taking into account when giving this scholarship since they only asked for not-exceeding-200-words explanation, why do you need it... Thay plan to base their decisions only on that? It would be almost impossible taking into consideration the amount of very academically good people who apply for it.
Reply 285
Original post by mermxo
Does anyone know if we still need to send Edinburgh our exam certificates/TOEFL scores/etc if they gave us an unconditional offer?

And for other international students, have you applied/asked for CAS yet? Thanks! :smile:

You send the certificates to prove you have the results you told them you have, so yes I think so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Promilla
I am wondering what are they taking into account when giving this scholarship since they only asked for not-exceeding-200-words explanation, why do you need it... Thay plan to base their decisions only on that? It would be almost impossible taking into consideration the amount of very academically good people who apply for it.

Not a clue, I'm afraid. But I agree with you - a 200 word statement is nothing. I suspect a lot of it will come down to academic merit which naturally puts students who already have their grades in a stronger position (always the way with funding apps, unfortunately).
Original post by nearlyheadlessian
Not a clue, I'm afraid. But I agree with you - a 200 word statement is nothing. I suspect a lot of it will come down to academic merit which naturally puts students who already have their grades in a stronger position (always the way with funding apps, unfortunately).

Do you have any clue about how many scholarships are offered or a range over the receivers' subjects? I think that coming from a poor country and having a good CV on a not very populated department boosts anyone's chances. Just trying to build up some confidence here:rolleyes:
Reply 288
Original post by ProgFeanor
Aww, well, we Psych people should party it up together anyways... or something age-appropriate along those lines :P

Sounds about right :wink: where you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jdowie
Sounds about right :wink: where you from?

From the distant shores of... Germany. Not all that exotic after all, I reckon.
But you're British, right?
Hey! I can't remember if I posted in here or not, so hey, here goes. Unconditional for French and Linguistics was accepted a wee while ago (although I still need to scan in my certificates, I keep forgetting...) and uhm... hello! I live near Glasgow so it's not exactly a trek. Although I can claim that I'm "moving to the other side of the country", which sounds impressive if you're from anywhere which isn't about three feet wide.
Reply 291
Original post by lornarose
Where is everyone from? I'm from near Birmingham!

Hey I only live about an hour away - on the other side of the 'Firth of Forth' but originally I'm from Ireland :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 292
Original post by asparagussauce
Hey! I can't remember if I posted in here or not, so hey, here goes. Unconditional for French and Linguistics was accepted a wee while ago (although I still need to scan in my certificates, I keep forgetting...) and uhm... hello! I live near Glasgow so it's not exactly a trek. Although I can claim that I'm "moving to the other side of the country", which sounds impressive if you're from anywhere which isn't about three feet wide.

Hello! I have a conditional for linguistics and social anthropology, so maybe we'll see each other around?
Glasgow is still a bit of a trek from Edinburgh, I suppose, especially if you have to rely on trains?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lornarose
Yay! Me too! The only other girl I've seen who's firmed, haha! :smile:

Haha well there's at least two of us! Whereabouts are you from?
Just firmed for Chemical Engineering. Can't wait! :-)
Reply 295
Just firmed for Law and French! Has anyone else firmed for law?
Reply 296
Original post by rachelcward
Haha well there's at least two of us! Whereabouts are you from?

Just on the out-skirts of Birmingham, how about you? :smile:
Reply 297
Original post by EllenF
Just firmed for Law and French! Has anyone else firmed for law?

I'm doing Law and Spanish :smile: are you conditional or unconditional?
Reply 298
Firmed for Physics yesterday! Any other physics firmers in pollock halls?
Original post by Caity13
Hello! I have a conditional for linguistics and social anthropology, so maybe we'll see each other around?
Glasgow is still a bit of a trek from Edinburgh, I suppose, especially if you have to rely on trains?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello! I'm sure we will, the intake numbers for Linguistics aren't exactly sky high, if I recall correctly.
I think of the distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh as being just about perfect - just far enough to guarantee accommodation, and not so far as to make it awkward carrying luggage around, or popping home for a weekend :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending