The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter LLB Law & Maîtrise 2013

Hey, just wondering whether there are any other people who have offers to study Law/Maîtrise at Exeter for this Sep?

Would be good to get to know any other potential law/french newbies :smile:
Has anyone decided on accommodation yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't applied for Maîtrise but I do have an offer from Exeter for LLB law on it's own. I would assume that the lectures for the first year of your course would be the same as mine?

I'm nervous about starting uni and making friends, same as everyone else I guess.

So yeah, if you want to meet any potential just law newbies, hi.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hello there :smile:, I too am studying LLB Law so I'm not a Maitrise student like yourself but something akin to. I'm really stuck on accomodation...so it would be good to talk to fellow Law students :smile:!!!!
Reply 3
Hey! I think we have Constitutional & Administrative Law, as well as Contract lectures with the straight LLB students! But we also have French Law lectures. Yay :smile: are you both conditional offer holders and putting exeter as your firm or?

Aww I wouldn't worry Yasmine, we're all in the same boat, all feeing a little vulnerable and out of our comfort zone :smile: hehe!

Yeah, I've already applied for my accommodation, I chose Lafrowda new, St Germans and Rowe House, mainly because they're close to the Law building, plus, I believe (though not 100% sure so don't quote me on it) we wouldn't have to suffer "cardiac hill" :biggrin:
Reply 4
Yeah I've got an unconditional and I firmed Exeter a few weeks back, so I'm uber excited :smile:.

Thank goodness there is a way of meeting people on the same course as you, only if UCAS got the YouGo site up and running :frown:. Do you have any idea of when it's due to come back online?

I've started looking at accommodation, I'm putting Lafrowda (New) as my top and will probably be putting the same or similar other choices as you have :smile:! Well...if you're looking to be stringent with your spending, pass the cost of gym membership and just run up cardiac hill.
Reply 5
Ahh that's cool! :smile: I'm so excited too!

I'll be honest I've never heard of this YouGo before now? So I have no idea, sorry. But it does sound good!

Yeah, Lafrowda is my top choice too :smile: hahaha! That is very true! Who needs to waste money on a gym membership when you've got cardiac hill on your doorstep! However, I don't think anyone would like to take on cardiac hill if you're running late for a 9am lecture! Haha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
What's Yougo? :smile:
Hi, French law and English Law conditional offer that had been firmed right here :smile:.
I've applied for the same halls as KNewman for the same reasons just thought I'd say hello :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Yeah nor had I until a few weeks back..if you just type into the google search engine 'UCAS YouGo' you should be able to find out some info about it, though the site will say it's undergoing maintenance :frown:.

It's good to hear from more exeter firmers :biggrin:.
Reply 8
Original post by KNewman
Ahh that's cool! :smile: I'm so excited too!

I'll be honest I've never heard of this YouGo before now? So I have no idea, sorry. But it does sound good!

Yeah, Lafrowda is my top choice too :smile: hahaha! That is very true! Who needs to waste money on a gym membership when you've got cardiac hill on your doorstep! However, I don't think anyone would like to take on cardiac hill if you're running late for a 9am lecture! Haha! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too true aha, so if we ever see one another running up and down cardiac hill before a 9am lecture let's assume we've reached a delirious state aha :smile:.
Reply 9
Hey guys! Firmed Exeter to do the french maitrise and i've put Lawfrowda as my first choice for accomodation :smile:
Original post by InnyB
Hey guys! Firmed Exeter to do the french maitrise and i've put Lawfrowda as my first choice for accomodation :smile:

Hi, are you currently on your gap year or taking your a levels? :smile: Lafrowda ensuite or standard? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hey :smile: currently taking my A levels aha stressful stuff :wink: umm i'm hopefully going for the ensuite one! How about you?
Original post by InnyB
Hey :smile: currently taking my A levels aha stressful stuff :wink: umm i'm hopefully going for the ensuite one! How about you?

Well I'm actually from France so I'm taking the French baccalaureate, stressful stuff as you say :smile:. The reason I asked is that the two other people who I talked to who are going to exeter to study this course have unconditionals as they are on a gap year :smile:. Same here hoping for new Lafrowda :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Yay! I'm glad we've found another maitrise student! :biggrin: numbers are finally on the up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
oh I see! I'm boring and not taking a gap year :biggrin: ah I love france, my family have a flat in the south. Same here the new lafrowda ones look so nice! The french bacc sounds stressful too, I have friends who are doing it and you have so many subjects to do. Hopefully we'll see each other around. :smile: what did you put as your insurance? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
Reply 15
Yay! I'm glad we've found another maitrise student! :biggrin: numbers are on the up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
We are growing :smile: maitrise crew of 2013 aha
Haha I've firmed an unconditional for the maitrise too! Although seriously stressed about these french law lectures in French!
xx
Reply 18
Yay another person! Ahhh me too, i'm getting a little worked up about it. I mean, getting used to them is going to be a bit daunting :smile: I hope my french is good enough aha
Original post by InnyB
Yay another person! Ahhh me too, i'm getting a little worked up about it. I mean, getting used to them is going to be a bit daunting :smile: I hope my french is good enough aha

Yeah it is a little scary to think about!!! Apparently you can take language modules too if you want to, I'm considering it just to be on the safe side! WHere are you from?xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending