The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wolverhampton uni - anyone else?

hey everyone. I'll be starting a social policy degree in Wolverhampton uni this september. none of my home friends are coming here as well so I gotta start talking to future freshers. Is anyone else sure they're going to Wolverhampton uni? and if so what course are doing

I think I'll be staying in the city campus!

Introduce yourselves :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have my unconditional offer to study Genetics and Molecular Biology :smile: So I'll see you there! I think I'm staying at City Campus, Randall Lines?
Guess I'm looking forward to getting away from home, and meeting new people!
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hey, I'm definitely going to Wolverhampton. Ill be studying psychology! And staying in the city campus halls. I can't wait for freshers week! Are you planning on drinking?
I'm studying Politics and Social Policy's and I'm staying in Randall Lines!
Reply 4
Original post by Amethyst44
I have my unconditional offer to study Genetics and Molecular Biology :smile: So I'll see you there! I think I'm staying at City Campus, Randall Lines?
Guess I'm looking forward to getting away from home, and meeting new people!

oh really. why is everyone saying at randall lines? no fair ... lol
Reply 5
Original post by jesswilson95
Hey, I'm definitely going to Wolverhampton. Ill be studying psychology! And staying in the city campus halls. I can't wait for freshers week! Are you planning on drinking?

oh my days I'm such a party queen. I'm going drink till I manage to do something really impossible like a back flip. lol. and you, are you a party queen as well? cause if you are then we definetely need to swap contact details.

obviously i think theres a time to party and theres also a time to study hard. but during freshers... theres no lectures so you're free to do whatever you want/ :smile: lol
Reply 6
Original post by BenjaminRabb
I'm studying Politics and Social Policy's and I'm staying in Randall Lines!

are you excited ?
Original post by jody02
oh my days I'm such a party queen. I'm going drink till I manage to do something really impossible like a back flip. lol. and you, are you a party queen as well? cause if you are then we definetely need to swap contact details.

obviously i think theres a time to party and theres also a time to study hard. but during freshers... theres no lectures so you're free to do whatever you want/ :smile: lol

Im definitely a party queen!! My friend said wolverhamptons quite quiet though so I was scared like hardly anyone would want to party!
Cannot wait for freshers week, going to be amazing!!!
Reply 8
Original post by jesswilson95
Im definitely a party queen!! My friend said wolverhamptons quite quiet though so I was scared like hardly anyone would want to party!
Cannot wait for freshers week, going to be amazing!!!

yaaaayyy thats goood! atleast i've met someone similar. lol. no wolverhampton is not that bad. i've been partying there once cause a student friend of mine invited me on a student night once. its quite hype. not bad. lol. but theres also the option of going partying in birmingham as a large group. get a tram or train there cause its extra cheap then everyone chips on the on the taxi fair back, which will still be cheap if theres a lotta people. thats what some of them do in wolverhampton sometimes when they need a change. do you have facebook or whatsapp or something. if you do inbox me it if ya want , so i can add you. :smile:
Original post by jody02
yaaaayyy thats goood! atleast i've met someone similar. lol. no wolverhampton is not that bad. i've been partying there once cause a student friend of mine invited me on a student night once. its quite hype. not bad. lol. but theres also the option of going partying in birmingham as a large group. get a tram or train there cause its extra cheap then everyone chips on the on the taxi fair back, which will still be cheap if theres a lotta people. thats what some of them do in wolverhampton sometimes when they need a change. do you have facebook or whatsapp or something. if you do inbox me it if ya want , so i can add you. :smile:

Already looked at trains and stuff to Birmingham :wink: ill definitely be doing that, wanna go out in Birmingham anyway! I have both I'll inbox you now :smile: x
Original post by jody02
are you excited ?

Yeah! Can't wait!
Reply 11
They rejected me :/
Reply 12
I'm currently a student and for my birthday we went from Wolves to Birmingham we booked a 16 seater mini bus there and back only worked out something like £8 each so it worked out cheaper than getting the train there and a taxi back.

Plus the added bonus we got picked up from our house and brought to broad street and picked back up and dropped outside the house again :smile:

I would recommend anyone to do that if they got the numbers to do it :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by hafzaaa
They rejected me :/

awwww don't worry about it. they don't normally reject people so it must have been something they're really good at and highly wanted like nursing or something like that. cause a lotta girls want to do subjects like that. so will you apply for something else with Wolverhampton uni or has another uni accepted you ? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by LepreJohn
I'm currently a student and for my birthday we went from Wolves to Birmingham we booked a 16 seater mini bus there and back only worked out something like £8 each so it worked out cheaper than getting the train there and a taxi back.

Plus the added bonus we got picked up from our house and brought to broad street and picked back up and dropped outside the house again :smile:

I would recommend anyone to do that if they got the numbers to do it :smile:

oh I see. thanks john, that's a cleverer idea I think. :smile: I just want to make my freshers time as fun as possible. lol
Reply 15
Hello all!

I've got an Unconditional offer to do Health Studies at the City Campus :smile: So excited!! Cannot wait for freshers, gonna drink until I can't stand haha.
Reply 16
Original post by josh_94
Hello all!

I've got an Unconditional offer to do Health Studies at the City Campus :smile: So excited!! Cannot wait for freshers, gonna drink until I can't stand haha.

ha-ha. oh my gosh really. me too. lol, drink till I manage to do something nearly impossible. I was gonna stay in Victoria halls but i've met another girl off here and we get along like peas in a pod, lol, she's a party chick just like me. so we're gonna live in the university's city campus together. I wish September would just fly to me right now. what accomodation have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by jody02
ha-ha. oh my gosh really. me too. lol, drink till I manage to do something nearly impossible. I was gonna stay in Victoria halls but i've met another girl off here and we get along like peas in a pod, lol, she's a party chick just like me. so we're gonna live in the university's city campus together. I wish September would just fly to me right now. what accomodation have you applied for? :smile:

Anything's possible with a bit of booze :wink: That's a great plan! I've applied for and paid the deposit on City En-suite! If we don't end up on the same floor I'll have to come round yours for pre-drinks :biggrin: I want it to be September now!! I can't wait another 4 months haha
Reply 18
I would recommend anyone to stay in uni halls over Victoria halls for their first year anyway (After first year I would move out) as victoria halls are alot nicer and also works out cheaper than the uni halls but to make friends and stuff I would go with uni halls, I met all the people I'm living with from halls so you will make loads of friends.

Going out they are a few good places but in freshers you will try everything :smile: (Make sure you hit planet at some point if your into rock/indi)

Its quite cheap for drinks usually most places are £1 drinks :biggrin: But honestly first year/freshers will be the best time of your lives :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by LepreJohn
I would recommend anyone to stay in uni halls over Victoria halls for their first year anyway (After first year I would move out) as victoria halls are alot nicer and also works out cheaper than the uni halls but to make friends and stuff I would go with uni halls, I met all the people I'm living with from halls so you will make loads of friends.

Going out they are a few good places but in freshers you will try everything :smile: (Make sure you hit planet at some point if your into rock/indi)

Its quite cheap for drinks usually most places are £1 drinks :biggrin: But honestly first year/freshers will be the best time of your lives :smile:

Cheers for the advice! That's exactly what I was planning to do :smile: I'll definitely check out planet at some point!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending