The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hollieeilloh
Today is my last day of revision since I've got admin tomorrow.
WAAAAAAAAAAH SO NOT READY YO. :frown: everyone else in my class is at school for last min revision/homemade cake but I said I'd better do some admin revision.... serious regrets.

Good Luck!!! :biggrin:
Does anyone have any plans or an essay for the impact do devolution on decision making in Scotland?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scrabble96
Does anyone have any plans or an essay for the impact do devolution on decision making in Scotland?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you revising for for that topic? :biggrin:
Original post by JessicaLee123
For the introductions of Voting system essays, how much do you have to write about how the voting system works?

Just a very brief overview.
What is the different between a grade B and grade A essay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone else really struggling with writing decision making in Scotland essays?
what are you revising for for that topic? :biggrin:

I'm looking at impact of devolved powers- have they been useful and does the scottish gov need more powers.
Powers scotland doesn't have and other features of devolution on decision making such as the electoral system.

To be honest I'm a bit confused with it all :s-smilie:
What are you studying for that topic? Do you think a question like it will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Just a very brief overview.

thanks.! ill try keep it to a minimum :smile: but would you for example for STV need to explain how the votes are transfered to get their seats etc or forget it?
Original post by shinyroof43
anyone else really struggling with writing decision making in Scotland essays?

Yes! I don't know what to put in those sort of essays! What are our thoughts? Do you think it'll come up in the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dunooo what will come up. but im just going to revise Devolution ( devolved and reserved powers, success and failures of it ) i wont need MSPs role probably but i already know that just incase and co op and conflict between westminster and holyrood. and thats it really :P
OH and westminster representation why we need it. Somebody predicted that so i just looked at that incase :smile:

I think something on devolution will come up. Hasnt come up in recent years. you going to forget about LA?
Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

You too - bet you'll do well in both!! :tongue:
Dunooo what will come up. but im just going to revise Devolution ( devolved and reserved powers, success and failures of it ) i wont need MSPs role probably but i already know that just incase and co op and conflict between westminster and holyrood. and thats it really :P
OH and westminster representation why we need it. Somebody predicted that so i just looked at that incase :smile:

I think something on devolution will come up. Hasnt come up in recent years. you going to forget about LA?

Yeah, no revising LAs.

The 2009 question was "asses the impact of devolution on decision making for Scotland."
The marking instructions say to include the impact of devolved powers and the impact of other features of devolution on decision making for Scotland. What would the "other features" be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a STV vs FPTP essay that is 14/15 if anyone wants it?
Original post by KeeKeeDee

Could you please send me it, ive only got AMS v FPTP

could i see it please? thank you :smile: does that everybody is concentrating on STV/AMS and not Party List
Would you mind if I gave it to you later today? Going to school to do some work.

That would be helpful if you could!:smile:
Original post by 2013exams
Critically examine the success of recent government policies to reduce poverty. Does anyoneone have an essay or an essay plan they can give me or send to me for this type of essay? Really need help with Health and Wealth. Thanks

I posted an essay in on either the last page, or the before that
(edited 10 years ago)

May I have a copy too please. :smile:
Thanks.

Would you be able to send it to me too please? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending