The Student Room Group

Leeds College of Art 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Ok I am studying fashion at LCA this September and I was applying for liberty park for accommodation but after seeing this post I am stuck on where to apply, I do want to share with all girls because I once shared a house with boys and they are so dirty and expect girls to clean up after them, I want an en-suite and a double or 3/4 bed if possible but I really don't want to pay more that 110 a week does any one know where I could look I have only looked at opal 3 Carlton hill and liberty park, help :smile:
Original post by mipull
Hi everyone!
I am an international (Dutch) student, I got a conditional offer for Creative Advertising at LCA and I am really happy about that! Now of course, the accommodation dilemma. I have done quite a bit of research already and narrowed my decision down to two. Can anyone advice me which one would be the best : IQ or Liberty Park. My main goal is to meet a bunch of nice new friends and not be too far away from the city centre and the college. Of course the way the rooms look matters as well (we are all a bit shallow :wink:). I can imagine that the first criteria can be done basically anywhere. If anyone has any other suggestions for accommodation please do!
thanks!

Hi have you tried looking at concept place? It's closer to LCA an it's cheaper and nicer than liberty park I was applying for liberty park but concept place is just so much better. It lets you pick your room too :smile: like if you wanna be with first years or second etc... Hope this helped
Original post by Kirstxx
Hey :smile: I'm starting at Leeds College of Art in September to do Fashion also I've booked a room at liberty park is anyone else doing fashion or staying there?

I'm studying fashion in September as well! Which strand have you chosen and where are you planning on staying?!

x
Original post by Aimmie Perry
Ok I am studying fashion at LCA this September and I was applying for liberty park for accommodation but after seeing this post I am stuck on where to apply, I do want to share with all girls because I once shared a house with boys and they are so dirty and expect girls to clean up after them, I want an en-suite and a double or 3/4 bed if possible but I really don't want to pay more that 110 a week does any one know where I could look I have only looked at opal 3 Carlton hill and liberty park, help :smile:

Hey! I'm also studying fashion! Wahoo!
I think I'm going to end up staying in Liberty Dock or Sky Plaza!
Have a look at the Deluxe rooms in Sky Plaza, I think that's what I'm going to go for!
x
Original post by JerassicaMarshman
Hey! I'm also studying fashion! Wahoo!
I think I'm going to end up staying in Liberty Dock or Sky Plaza!
Have a look at the Deluxe rooms in Sky Plaza, I think that's what I'm going to go for!
x

Waaaahooow :smile: what strand? i looked at sky plaza think its a bit pricey i havent looked at liberty dock, i quite like iQ to be honest :smile: the only problem is they dont have the option to share with same sex :frown: haha
Hi Aimmie,

We can offer designated 'all female' flats in specific blocks. They are faily popular but we do have some available. Please see the following list if all female flats;
A Block - 7, 14 (Postgraduate & International block)
Block B1-28,42 (Quiet Block)
Block B2-89,99,103 (Undergraduate block)
Block B3 -120, 143 (1st year block)

Also, if you e-mail [email protected] I will then be able to let you know of any flats that already have all females booked in and may have space for you! Thanks, iQ Leeds
Original post by Aimmie Perry
Waaaahooow :smile: what strand? i looked at sky plaza think its a bit pricey i havent looked at liberty dock, i quite like iQ to be honest :smile: the only problem is they dont have the option to share with same sex :frown: haha

Design and Realisation, you?!
and yeah I like IQ aswell! and same-sex? I kinda want to have boys in there as well as there's usually less drama when boys are there as well haha! Let me know what you decide because it will be nice to know someone before starting!
:smile:
Original post by iQ Student Accommodation
Hi Aimmie,

We can offer designated 'all female' flats in specific blocks. They are faily popular but we do have some available. Please see the following list if all female flats;
A Block - 7, 14 (Postgraduate & International block)
Block B1-28,42 (Quiet Block)
Block B2-89,99,103 (Undergraduate block)
Block B3 -120, 143 (1st year block)

Also, if you e-mail [email protected] I will then be able to let you know of any flats that already have all females booked in and may have space for you! Thanks, iQ Leeds

Thank you :smile: i would appreciate that i will email you now
Design and Realisation, you?!
and yeah I like IQ aswell! and same-sex? I kinda want to have boys in there as well as there's usually less drama when boys are there as well haha! Let me know what you decide because it will be nice to know someone before starting!
:smile:

aaaah same :smile:
yeah i agree 100% with the drama haha, girls can be bitchy i dont really want to be with all girls if i am honest but i have been with my boyfriend 3 years and i dont think he would be entirely comfortable :frown: so where are you staying then? :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by Helen94
Hello, I'm going to leeds college of art and i was unsure about what accommodation to go for so i went up and visited them and because i was looking at opal 3 as well. i would really recommend not going for opal 3, it looked so nice online but in reality it is awful, it smelt really bad and everything seemed broken. he showed us round a flat which people lived in and was banning on their doors loudly, the rooms didn't seem amazing and i personally didn't like the lay out. for a single bed room it is £115 a week. i then went to the plaza and looked around it seemed so much better and currently they are doing an offer where you get a queen size bed (3/4s bed - bit bigger than a single) and unsuite for £113 a week!! It seems so much nicer, the gym is better and they run classes, they have a nice social area and the layout seems less dark and grundgy!

also the building opal 3 use has just gone into administration, so although they are still taking payments it could be risky.

Hey thanks for replying! I'm leaning towards the plaza now, opal three sounds horrible haha, what are you doing at lca?
Reply 70
Hello,

I just accepted Illustration at LeedsCollegeOfArt and I'm really struggling between Liberty Park and Carlton Hill for accomodation. Has anyone been to see Carlton Hill? Is it better than Liberty Park? Also, am I the only illustrator here?
Hi everyone,

At Liberty Park we have a lot of College of Art students. We want to make sure your happy so any requests you have: all female, mixed, lower ground, top floor etc we will arrange for you.

We are not as far as people think from the College, its about a 10/15 minute walk through the Uni campus - its still central Leeds! There is also a bus that runs directly outside a few times an hour for a £1 each way.

If you have any questions at all just let me know :smile:
Reply 72
Original post by lauram94
Hey thanks for replying! I'm leaning towards the plaza now, opal three sounds horrible haha, what are you doing at lca?

No worries! yeah I've booked the plaza and its only a few more pounds than liberty and cheaper than opal!

Im doing graphic design, what about you? let me know what you end up booking! x
Reply 73
I'm studying fashion in September as well! Which strand have you chosen and where are you planning on staying?!

x

Hey :smile: I'm doing design and realisation and I've just booked with liberty park didn't really look anywhere else didn't know where other people of the college were going so didn't want to end up somewhere on my own ha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Original post by Helen94
No worries! yeah I've booked the plaza and its only a few more pounds than liberty and cheaper than opal!

Im doing graphic design, what about you? let me know what you end up booking! x

I'm doing visual communication, booking the plaza today :smile:
Reply 75
I'm doing Graphic design at LCA starting September! I've applied for liberty park Accommodation it looks really nice and even though its like a 25 minute walk from the college its in quite a buzzing student area and tbh its not that much of a trek! I went the other week and loved it.
Hey who here is doing the foundation course in August?
Reply 77
I've got an unconditional offer from LCA to do Fine Art in September :-) But as it's my insurance place, do i still need to book accomodation and pay a deposit? Help I'm so confused!!!:s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by Gabriella-Sophia
Hey who here is doing the foundation course in August?

Hey! I am doing the foundation course starting in August, I have booked a place at Liberty Park :smile: what about you?
Hey :smile:.

Reading through the posts i have seen a lot of you are going to LCA in September to do fashion!
i live really close to Leeds so i aren't moving out.. yet! but i did consider it and thought that Liberty was one of the best! you can get a bus from there to pretty much outside LCA, doesn't take long at all.. so, it's a good choice!

everyone excited?! i can't wait!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending