The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Thinking of doing that as well, given that trade came up last year and I do not know how to approach a social/economic Q.
How are you structuring your NGO essay? I have about 3 case studies to use as examples of how NGOs are encouraging development.

Looking at the NGO essay I did months ago I structured it into 3 positive paragraphs with Short term aid, long term, NGO's can go to places world governments can't

and then negative aspects- can project their own agendas, public can get compassion fatigue, UN increasingly reliant on NGOs making NGOs too powerful, people can become to aid reliant, dont have resources to tackle huge problems.

I only got 11 for essay and needed to write more for long term aid and give more examples. I'm tempeted to find another essay somewhere on internet to switch about and learn parts of instead of that though. Not sure yet.
Original post by hendycfc
Looking at the NGO essay I did months ago I structured it into 3 positive paragraphs with Short term aid, long term, NGO's can go to places world governments can't

and then negative aspects- can project their own agendas, public can get compassion fatigue, UN increasingly reliant on NGOs making NGOs too powerful, people can become to aid reliant, dont have resources to tackle huge problems.

I only got 11 for essay and needed to write more for long term aid and give more examples. I'm tempeted to find another essay somewhere on internet to switch about and learn parts of instead of that though. Not sure yet.

i got 14 for my NGOs - 4 small paragraphs about 2 and a half pages :smile:
So many predictions here...

Out of all the predictions posted here can someone post up a FINAL prediction for each of the topics which are most likely to come up in your opinion? Especially for Africa, and Electoral.
Original post by Beccabarrow

Hey, would you be willing to send me it, by any chance. :smile:
If you're not able to, it's fine but it would be a great help.
Reply 944
I think it's likely to be either the influence of ethnic minorities on the outcome of elections, immigration, the American dream (social inequalities is basically the same) and for Africa I think there's a good chance of Qs on either UNIs or NGOs.

Thank-you very much x
Reply 945

Hey, would you be willing to send me it, by any chance. :smile:
If you're not able to, it's fine but it would be a great help.

me to please if you are sharing it thank you xx
Got AMS and STV vs FPTP, impact of Devolution on decision making, Health and Wealth and the American Dream covered. Aiming to do a DME and 3 or 4 more essays tonight!
Reply 947
If anyone has a UNO essay plan and NGO essay plans or the actual essay, could you please send it to me or post it on here really need help with these essays :smile: Thanks!
Reply 948

Do you by any chance have it saved on your computer :colondollar:

I won't copy it, I just want to see how you managed to get it so short and consise. Mine 1,100 words long:frown:
Reply 949

I won't copy it, I just want to see how you managed to get it so short and consise. Mine 1,100 words long:frown:

Well that's roughly 500 words more than mine but I'm still getting about 10 or 11 marks

A struggling student
Reply 950
Original post by Jambo973
Well that's roughly 500 words more than mine but I'm still getting about 10 or 11 marks

A struggling student

Both my UN and NGO essays are far too long and are only giving me 11 marks :frown:

Yeah I have it on my computer! Just mail me or something and ill send it
Reply 952
Is it just me who feels like there is still so much to know and such little time left? I am seriously panicking...

Have so far revised AMS vs FPTP, Devolution on Scotland, American Dream, Ethnic minorities influence on the elections, Poverty/individual lifestyle choices on health.

Only one day left now to revise anybody else have any suggestions as to what else to revise?

I am thinking:- Immigration, EM's political progress/participation, STV vs FPTP, Collectivist vs Indivualist, and the relationship between Holyrood + Westminster. Also DME bakground knowledge.. im thinking it will be on minimum alcohol pricing?
(edited 10 years ago)

Meant to ask have you got a wealth on health essay or govt policies to reduce wealth? Would be grateful :smile:
Reply 954
Original post by JessicaLee123
For each topic he could be because theres only so many questions you can ask. In health and wealth hes repeating questions from the past 2007 years but wording it differently therefore im revising 3 out of the possible 4 in H n W topic :smile:

so what are you revising just to clarify?
Reply 955
Meant to ask have you got a wealth on health essay or govt policies to reduce wealth? Would be grateful :smile:

Sorry, I have both written out and not typed as I did them only yesterday:frown:
Sorry, I have both written out and not typed as I did them only yesterday:frown:

No worries! But could u tell me like what each paragraph is on for govt responses to reduce wealth? Like the bare minimum
Reply 957
Yeah I have it on my computer! Just mail me or something and ill send it

Would I possibly be able to get a copy too if it's not too much hassle? :-)
Is anyone else just learning voting system and the American dream as one essay? That's what I'm doing, and my teacher said that I should exemplify on the constitutional rights of American citizens in addition to that when doing the dream essay.
Original post by fjords
Would I possibly be able to get a copy too if it's not too much hassle? :-)

Yeh! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest