The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea students for September 2013

Thought we need a post, what is everyone doing? What accomodation have you chosen? I'm doing law LLB and can't decide where to live!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jjb123i
Thought we need a post, what is everyone doing? What accomodation have you chosen? I'm doing law LLB and can't decide where to live!

Economics, did you go to the applicant day today? I can't decide whether to go for student village, as its the cheaper option, or pay that bit extra for a larger room and en suite.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm doing criminology and I'm going to choose the student village! I was speaking to a girl who lived on campus and said her friends lived there in the first year and she preferred it as its more social and parties but her room was a little nicer than theirs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still havent heard anything :/ ... is there like a date where all applications have to be replied to?.. Just so wanna know whats going on.!
Reply 4
Offer to study Law and German..accepted it :P
Prob going to live on campus;D
firmed for English Language :smile: only live 20 min drive away, staying at home.
Got to firm it this week :smile: I'm doing French and Spanish joint honours (I hope!) unsure whether to stay there or travel though :P
Original post by Jjb123i

I'm doing law too! :smile:
I had a bit of trouble deciding where to live as well. I have friends who live in the village and know a few people who live on campus who all argue that where they live is better. I chose campus in the end though.
Reply 8
Firm chemical engineering.
I went for the student village, sounds like so much fun and i don't mind the 40minute walk to and from uni :smile: But some of the reviews put a bit of a downer on it, probably from people who live on campus..
Which is my second choice :smile:!
Reply 9
If anyone misses out on getting accommodation next year (2013-2014) then I have a room available in my house. There are 2 guys and 3 girls currently living there with a room to spare, we're all 2nd years but are all friendly. The house is really nice and a 15 minute walk to campus. Rent is 325 a month and bills should be cheap. If any freshers (or postgrads) are interested then feel free to message me.
Firm english literature and TEFL and I'm hoping to live in part catered (kilvey I think is the one I like best) but if not there I'm going to hopefully switch to the student village :smile:
Reply 11
Physics applicant checking in.

I did think about choosing the village but on campus seemed the best for me as someone at the visit day told me you can be up at 8:55 for a 9:00 lecture. When hungover / tired that will be a godsend lol.

Can't wait to be there though, I'd sleep on the beach if I had to :biggrin: (probably will at some point anyway)​
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jjb123i

Yay, I'm doing LLB Law and Politics! :biggrin: gonna live on the campus; or at least hoping to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by makemyteapunk
Yay, I'm doing LLB Law and Politics! :biggrin: gonna live on the campus; or at least hoping to!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're still the only person I know of who'll be studying Politics and you're only doing it as a joint degree. :frown:
Original post by JA1994
You're still the only person I know of who'll be studying Politics and you're only doing it as a joint degree. :frown:

I'm waiting for the results day to come; then this forum will blast out with new people :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Anyone interested in exchanging a parking permit (free for the village residents) for couple of pints during fresher (negotiable), PM me :smile:
Reply 16
Hoping to be accepted onto the Physical Earth Science Bsc (Hons). Live locally so will be travelling in after the joyous nursery and school run. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm looking at Langland residence. Anyone else there?
Reply 18
Original post by jasimmo
Firm chemical engineering.
I went for the student village, sounds like so much fun and i don't mind the 40minute walk to and from uni :smile: But some of the reviews put a bit of a downer on it, probably from people who live on campus..
Which is my second choice :smile:!

Hey your the only one i know doing chemical engineering. Im doing chemical engineering starting this september and having a hard time deciding where to live lol
Reply 19
Received and unconditional offer for Physical Earth Science. Really can't wait to start now. Live local so I'll be travelling in by car.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest