The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beccabarrow
What would you put in that essay?

Lack of ethnic minority representation in congress, such as the fact that there are currently no black senators. To counter that argument, you could then mention an influential politician of ethnic origin, for example, Kamala Harris is the first female and mixed south-Asian/Africa American to be elected California's attorney general and has had great success in targeting human trafficking, gun use, immigrant rights, etc in CA.
You could, of course, use the example of Obama.

That's just an idea, and I've probably waffled too much. :s-smilie:
Reply 1121
A problem I have is that I see a reworded question I think I don't the answer to when really I do know it. Example being I'm going to learn "Is it responsibilty of government not individual" an didn't realise thats the same question as Collectivists vs Individualists.
Starting to really narrow it down now. Going to look at the American Dream and the impact EMs have on elections for the USA, voting systems will be STV/AMS/PR vs FPTP and I hope the impact of poverty on health one will come up too! Or something along those lines...

The impact of devolution on decision making for Scotland too, but that's all I have for A1.... anything else?
Reply 1123
I keep on forgetting this. So is there is any real differences between the questions about social and economic change with ethnic minorities and the american dream question. It's like the third time of me asking this.
Original post by hendycfc
I keep on forgetting this. So is there is any real differences between the questions about social and economic change with ethnic minorities and the american dream question. It's like the third time of me asking this.

i was also just wondering this - my guess is you do more for social and economic while leaving out the political part of american dream essays.

Don't think so. For example if there was a question that said "To what extent to Social and Economic inequalities continue to exist in the USA?" Then you could use most of your American Dream essay.

So you could talk about housing, education, access to a living wage etc.

Don't take my word for it though!
Has anybody got any numbers of what hispanics/blacks/asians make up the current 113th congress. Im finding it hard cause different sites are telling me different numbers :frown:
Reply 1127
Ok, I'm learning Ethnic Minorities impact on eletions and social and economic progress of ethinic minorites. The american dream question contains social, economic and political factors? Does that mean for american dream question I could use social and economic essay but add some political points for impact on elections essay?
Original post by KeeKeeDee
Don't think so. For example if there was a question that said "To what extent to Social and Economic inequalities continue to exist in the USA?" Then you could use most of your American Dream essay.

So you could talk about housing, education, access to a living wage etc.

Don't take my word for it though!

They are basically the same, although my teacher said that it would be a good idea to briefly mention constitutional rights of American citizens in a dream essay as well.
Reply 1129
Original post by ladymarshmallow
They are basically the same, although my teacher said that it would be a good idea to briefly mention constitutional rights of American citizens in a dream essay as well.

Ahh ok. Thanks.
A problem I have is that I see a reworded question I think I don't the answer to when really I do know it. Example being I'm going to learn "Is it responsibilty of government not individual" an didn't realise thats the same question as Collectivists vs Individualists.

That's my problem as well. I see an essay Q which is unfamiliarly worded and my mind freezes. Just try to stay calm and focus, although that's easier said than done.
Anyone kind enough to donate a few China essay's/essay plans to the TandooriTony foundation?
Anyone else just sitting at their desk, writing essay plans and refreshing this page?
I might do proper essays later but essay plans are they way to go at the moment IMO, since I can't get proper essays marked. If I have a set of good essay plans then at least I know what to involve in each essay, should it come up.
IT'LL ALL BE OVER THIS TIME TOMORROW!! Dunno if I should be happy, or scared considering I feel like I know nothing
Reply 1134
China anyone?
What was the name of the big report on health in Glasgow? I think it's a good few years old?
The WHO report?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by youjustburnkid
What was the name of the big report on health in Glasgow? I think it's a good few years old?

Are you talking about the Glasgow University one?
Reply 1138
Part of me really want to get this over and done with then another part of me really wishes we had another week... Oh well, it'll all be over by this time tomorrow!

Thankfully, i've only got one more exam to look forward to and it's RMPS which should be a breeze compared to this! :tongue:
The WHO report in 2008 on world health identified that the Calton area of East Glasgow plagued with high unemployment has the lowest life expectancy in the developed world at 53.9? Hope that helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending