The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrocks101101
Grade C you're looking at just a pass 8/15. B will probably be 10 or 11 upwards?

What is needed in an essay to get a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
typically, essay grades are:

A1: 12-13 in every essay
A Mark: 11
B Mark: 9
C: Mark: 8

However, 21/30 in a DME is an A, so if you can do well in the DME 25+, you can average around 9.5 marks and still get an A
Original post by jazzymina
Does anybody have any predictions for the devolved decision making in Scotland Paper 1? thanks :smile:

For devolved could be representation devolution OR BACKBENCH MPS not LA's came up last year.
Original post by Demented Guy
typically, essay grades are:

A1: 12-13 in every essay
A Mark: 11
B Mark: 9
C: Mark: 8

However, 21/30 in a DME is an A, so if you can do well in the DME 25+, you can average around 9.5 marks and still get an A

:smile: thanks. In order to get a grade B/A essay it's it lots of facts or lots of analysis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by skier16
You see for a Health and Wealth question about lifestyle choices affecting health, is is possible to mention lifestyle choices at the beginning, but then basically link everything back to income and so conclude that no, income is more important in affecting health?
This seemed to be what my teacher was saying but I wasn't sure.

Also, I have some essay plans typed up on health and wealth, USA, global security and voting systems if anyone wants any.:smile: Can either post them here or mail them to you.

Could you please please send me an essay plan for gender/ethnic inequalities ? I really need help with that :frown:
Reply 1165
as far as i know 8 is a C, 9-10 is a B and 11+ is an A
Original post by Scrabble96
What is needed in an essay to get a B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Follow the correct structure. Provide as much evidence and relevant evidence at that. Make the essay around 2 pages and a half and that's how I've always tried to achieve a B or A(if I revised.)
for decision making in central government anyone looking at civil service or cabinet? Also should i look at PM powers or presidents as they came up last year?
Really hoping I can get 25+ for the DME and a couple of my better essay questions come up.

say 25+12+12= 49, you could get 7/15 for your other two essays and still get an A!
Original post by HannahRH_
for decision making in central government anyone looking at civil service or cabinet? Also should i look at PM powers or presidents as they came up last year?

I've done backbench MPs and pressure groups, so have a lot of my friends
Original post by Scrabble96
How are you revising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just rehearsing essay plans and going over power points
Is it too risky not learning the powers of the president for the usa and only NGOs and UNOSs for Africa?
Original post by KeeKeeDee
Really hoping I can get 25+ for the DME and a couple of my better essay questions come up.

say 25+12+12= 49, you could get 7/15 for your other two essays and still get an A!

That's 63, you would get a B if that happened.
Guys. Got a request here and hoping someone can help me out. Would anyone be willing to send me an essay or an essay plan on the American Dream? I'm finding it difficult to write and I've been trying to get it done for ages now. Thanks in advance. :redface:
Original post by youjustburnkid
I've done backbench MPs and pressure groups, so have a lot of my friends

yeah thats all i have done but also House of Lords just as thats quite current?
Original post by ladymarshmallow
Is it too risky not learning the powers of the president for the usa and only NGOs and UNOSs for Africa?

im not learning powers of president either and neither are any of my class as i came up last year, I hope it doesnt come up!
Original post by Confused!
Guys. Got a request here and hoping someone can help me out. Would anyone be willing to send me an essay or an essay plan on the American Dream? I'm finding it difficult to write and I've been trying to get it done for ages now. Thanks in advance. :redface:

If anyone does have an American Dream essay/plan, could they please send it to me also? :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by singstar42
That's 63, you would get a B if that happened.

63 is an A2 (70%) isn't it?
How many people are revising for Voting behaviour?
How many pages do you's wrote? 22.5 minutes is more a test of how fast you can write rather than your ability in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending