The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ladymarshmallow
So apparently there are two possible Qs for American immigration - the advs/disadvs and govt measures. Are there?

Im ure its only one.

'Asses the impact of Immigration' that would ask you to say the good the bad and government measures would be included. Immigration has impacted greatly as it has lead to the introduction of Border Security Agents, the Patriot Act etc.
Original post by caketin96
My teacher said that were to do a paragraph on the founding principles of the Welfare state first, then a paragraph on the collectivst approach and the SNP, then one on Individualism and Thatcherism, and lastly a paragraph on the 'Big society' and 'New Labour' - talk about how they both take ideas from both approaches.

Okay thank you!! It's just when I seem one to do with health&wealth I had no idea what a collectivist vs individualist approach was for wealth! :tongue:
Anyone got a collectivist vs individualist plan or government policies to reduce poverty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please tell me the structure of the GOVERNMENT POLICIES TO REDUCE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC INEQUALITIES IN THE USA essay
Reply 1224
Anyone got any ideas about what they think the DME will be on? Something to do with alcohol, smoking, raising minimum wage etc? Just incase any teachers have been kind enough to drop major hints:smile:
Just a thought, when talking about immigration could you mention the recent Boston bombings??

Posted from TSR Mobile
seems the most difficult part is cramming stats into the head to remember.. ah well, glad I got 5 As last year and this doesn't matter
Original post by JackoGeddes
Can someone please tell me the structure of the GOVERNMENT POLICIES TO REDUCE SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC INEQUALITIES IN THE USA essay

i'll send you my 15/15 for any wealth essays on inequalities or Govt. if you can't i'll send u it anyway, happy to help :smile:
omg how did you get 5 A's?
Original post by Beccabarrow
omg how did you get 5 A's?

highers are overrated in difficulty
OK guys, i'll exchange AMS v FPTP, American Dream, Ethnic minority influence on elections, conflict affecting development, NGOs in exchange foe "To what extent do social and economic inequalities continue to exist in the UK" anyone ??
I'm really starting to worry about tomorrow :frown: I achieved a B in my prelim with little studying but I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to bring it up to an A that i really need :frown: anyone have any suggestions what they think will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone send me an essay or an essay plan on government policies to reduce social and economic inequalities please?
Also does anyone have a solid American dream essay I can have a look at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1234
Can someone help me if an essay came up like this one?

how ethnic minorities influenced the 2012 election outcome results?

thanks
Original post by georgia.17
I'm really starting to worry about tomorrow :frown: I achieved a B in my prelim with little studying but I'm seriously worried that I won't be able to bring it up to an A that i really need :frown: anyone have any suggestions what they think will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think backbench mps/pressure groups are likely to come up, so is voting systems (I doubt it will be voting behaviour) I think either collectivist vs individualist approach, factors affecting health or government policies to reduce poverty/ social and economic inequalities :smile: (hope it helps)
Reply 1236
Can someone please send me an essay on how income effects health?!!
Original post by Melanna
Can someone help me if an essay came up like this one?

how ethnic minorities influenced the 2012 election outcome results?

thanks

If you have "To what extent do social and economic inequalities still exist in the UK" i'll send you my essay for that
Original post by cheshington
highers are overrated in difficulty

you are lucky anyway! Well done :smile:
Reply 1239
What do yous think the essay will be for health & wealth? Please say collectivism v individualism:frown:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending