Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Hi how did everyone do in the chem unit 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sweet Strawberry
S cello where r u from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm from Jordan :h:...my name is Sarah btw :^_^:
The thing is the paper was NOT hard, it was pretty simple! But everyone did many silly mistakes!!! So i'm guessing the boundaries would be less than 30 but by only two or three marks! :cry2:
Reply 603
Original post by CelloForLife
The thing is the paper was NOT hard, it was pretty simple! But everyone did many silly mistakes!!! So i'm guessing the boundaries would be less than 30 but by only two or three marks! :cry2:

It wasn't hard. The first question was just so trippy. Too many questions that relied on visual cues. The second question was easy, the usual.
I found this paper unusual specially since it was the first time mitosis came up.
Who here is doing unit 1 and 2? Any discussions for those?
Reply 606
Original post by KhanR
i just talked to my teacher and she said that for the mitotic index it was 6 cells and for the first question it was C :/ so there goes 3 marks,i out 7 cells instead of 6

well alot of people in my school wrote between 5 and 7. My teacher chose 7 herself...I expect there's a range of answers, so don't worry! :smile:
Original post by studentno666
Who here is doing unit 1 and 2? Any discussions for those?

I am ! I'm doing unit 1 and 2 ! here!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=42527883&highlight=Biology%20unit%201%202013
Reply 608
Original post by Munchee
well alot of people in my school wrote between 5 and 7. My teacher chose 7 herself...I expect there's a range of answers, so don't worry! :smile:

aw thank you so much, i myself got 7, so i hope its a range of answers :smile:
Original post by Relaxedexams
Yea, both photographs were unrelated and different.

For the MCQ, what did you get? C or D? :smile:

I selected D but a simple google search shows it as the region of root cap protection.
I think theres a chance for both C & D being accepted.
Original post by kabOOmm
but then, if u look at a diagram with a root cap, the cells dont seem to be clustered so close to each other in the cap. for mitosis to occur in a region, the cells have to be actively dividing and are grouped together. and wasn't that how it was in the diagram they'd given?

forget it. :biggrin:
What a shame..cannot even count the number of cells undergoing mitosis in a simple photograph. Imagine doing the experiment and talking about one microscope image for so long! :biggrin: Examiners will be disappointed.
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
What a shame..cannot even count the number of cells undergoing mitosis in a simple photograph. Imagine doing the experiment and talking about one microscope image for so long! :biggrin: Examiners will be disappointed.

They should expect it. Not be disappointed :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont know about all of you, but I really like our paper :smile: despite our mistakes, it was pretty interesting and not as boring as the past papers! Don't you think?
Original post by CelloForLife
I dont know about all of you, but I really like our paper :smile: despite our mistakes, it was pretty interesting and not as boring as the past papers! Don't you think?

Yes, but the previous papers were not that boring
Reply 615
hey any 1 f u al know da liink to physics 3b dicussion
Reply 616
Original post by kaju
hey any 1 f u al know da liink to physics 3b dicussion

Type "edexcel physics unit 3 9th may" in the tsr search box

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 617
Pretty annoyed about the stupid mistakes I made. I know I dropped about 6 marks :/
Reply 618
Original post by kevsamuel
Pretty annoyed about the stupid mistakes I made. I know I dropped about 6 marks :/
dont worry dude whr r u frm r u doin phsic exm 2mrw normally at wht tym do u al hav exms
Reply 619
Original post by kaju
dont worry dude whr r u frm r u doin phsic exm 2mrw normally at wht tym do u al hav exms

Well I'm from England, but now living in Spain :P No, I'm not doing the physics exam tomorrow, however, I do know that the exam, in Spanish time, will be at 9:45 AM

Latest

Trending

Trending