The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Original post by JackoGeddes
learn ethnic minority influence on vote + american dream which are more likely, if political progress comes up sub the political side of AD intoday the influence and you'll have a progress essay.

Ah, yes! That's a good idea, thank you.
Original post by hendycfc
Are they two different questions. For china i've learnt social and economic reforms and opposition to CPC

Yeah I've done that as well! But yeah reforms and inequalities are two different questions, although there do cross-over quite a bit :smile:
Original post by cheshington
personally I usually have two paragraphs each comparing decisions

so for example
1) tuition fees being removed in Scotland (shows Scotland making an important decision while UK ups fees) then balanced by talking about trident (Scotland were against but Westminster renewed so shows they make important decisions)
2) introduction of smoking ban in 2006 (Scotland initially introduced this and so could follow its own ideals before the rest of the UK) balanced with the closure of coastguard centres across Scotland (Salmond and Labour both heavily against but was implemented anyway)

then I would talk about finance
3) Westminster decides Scotland's annual budget, barnett formula etc. but Scotland has some power (can vary income tax and decides how budget is allocated (as was demonstrated when they removed tuition fees) and calman comission)

then come to some form of conclusion. hope that helps, might not make any sense!

thanks alot ! Wat are else r u revising for devolved scotland topic? U leaving LA too?
Reply 1303
Hi guys, could you please help me on what to go over? This is what i'm currently doing:

ELECTORAL SYSTEMS: 1. FPTP vs AMS
2. FPTP vs STV

WEALTH AND HEALTH: 1. Welfare State
2. Poverty and Health linked

AMERICA: 1. Ethnic Minority Influence on Elections
2. Inequalities
3. Immigration Debate
4. Ethnic Minority political program

SOUTH AFRICA: 1. Inequalities
2. ANC dominance
Reply 1304
Please, anyone have any indications for SOUTH AFRICA?
Reply 1305
I am so worried for tomorrow. Good luck everyone!
Original post by Colinnn

I'm completely convinced it's either Social & Economic Inequalities or BEE. I'm kind of hoping for BEE actually, i got 12/15 on an essay for it! :biggrin:
Reply 1307
Original post by IronMan97
I'm completely convinced it's either Social & Economic Inequalities or BEE. I'm kind of hoping for BEE actually, i got 12/15 on an essay for it! :biggrin:

Could you kindly send me it please? :biggrin: (sorry i'm just freaking out and i've never done an essay or BEE just added it in as a surplus GR)
Reply 1308
Could someone please help me on immigration in the USA? I have a feeling this one will come up and I'm finding it really hard? Anything you have is appreciated!
Reply 1309
Original post by Colinnn

Most of my teachers have predicted it being differences between racial groups :smile:!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
This is what I've revised:

Voting systems - AMS/STV vs FPTP
USA - EM influence on elections, social and economic inequalities/American dream, govt responses and am about to do immigration
Health and Wealth - govt responses to inequality, gender, health and wealth link, but feel a bit shaky on collectivism vs individualism and gender
Africa - NGOs and UNOs.

Would you be able to tell me how to structure an essay on the influence EM's have on elections? I get political progress etc but i dont know how to asnwer how it influences them
Reply 1311
Original post by LewisGetsACookie
Does anyone have an essay/plan for

Individual lifestyle choices limit good health more than any other factor?

I could forward you one of mine? Sure it got 12/13 for it
Well guys whats everyone doing after the exam tomorrow :biggrin:
Can anyone find the essay plan that someone posted before of income affecting health? Or does anyone have an essay plan for it? PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1314
Original post by ailsa.
I could forward you one of mine? Sure it got 12/13 for it

Would you mind forwarding me it too?
Original post by JessicaLee123
thanks alot ! Wat are else r u revising for devolved scotland topic? U leaving LA too?

will revise the whole MSP and decision making thing but doubt I'll focus on LAs at all if I'm honest
Reply 1316
Original post by Ailis_x
Would you mind forwarding me it too?

Sure just gimme a sec :smile:
Original post by scottish19
A bit of both to be honest. If you remember all your facts (statistics) the knowledge behind them should come naturally. In regards to balance, any essay has to be balanced so just make sure you have reasons from each point of view.

Good luck on Thursday!

Thanks. So scared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ailsa.
Most of my teachers have predicted it being differences between racial groups :smile:!

Oh no! What kind of differences!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2013exams
Well guys whats everyone doing after the exam tomorrow :biggrin:

Hopefully feeling happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest