The Student Room Group

TSR Catholic Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5000
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah, he got declared Venerable then? Good stuff! I dunno much about him, tbh. He's quite popular on the Catholic Answers Forum, if the amount of mentions he gets is anything to go by :biggrin:

I think he was made Venerable about 10 years ago.

You really should watch a few of his shows. I try and watch one each day. What an incredible servant of God!
Original post by Howard
I think he was made Venerable about 10 years ago.

You really should watch a few of his shows. I try and watch one each day. What an incredible servant of God!

Really? Oops! I must be thinking of the next stage up from Venerable then :o: Various supporters of his on CAF urging others to pray that he goes further up the ranks :yes:

:getmecoat:
Reply 5002
Original post by kath_igidbashian
It's been a while now, seeing as exam season is starting I'd just like to suggest we pray for all those doing exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou.

it's my birthday today:smile:
Original post by rac1
Thankyou.

Happy Birthday! :hugs: :awesome: :woo: :yeah: :party:
Original post by rac1
Thankyou.

Pleasure.
And Happy birthday! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 5005
Thankyou! :biggrin:

I just went out for tea at a Russian resturant, it was quite nice:smile:
Reply 5006
Original post by rac1
Thankyou.

Happy Birthday :h:
Hey peeps, would really appreciate it if we could all prayer for my younger sister, who is resitting her Finals today and tomorrow :puppyeyes:
Reply 5008
Original post by Aula
Happy Birthday :h:

Thankyou!

Hey peeps, would really appreciate it if we could all prayer for my younger sister, who is resitting her Finals today and tomorrow :puppyeyes:

Hope it goes well.:smile:
Hi guys! Excuse the Protestant butting in :p: I've posted a question about Catholicism in the Ask about Christianity thread, if any of you wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts on it I'd appreciate it!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=340470&page=486&p=42458939#post42458939

Thanks!
Reply 5010
Original post by Feefifofum
Hi guys! Excuse the Protestant butting in :p: I've posted a question about Catholicism in the Ask about Christianity thread, if any of you wouldn't mind giving me your thoughts on it I'd appreciate it!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=340470&page=486&p=42458939#post42458939

Thanks!

Responded over there. God Bless you.
Reply 5011
As well as AudioSancto (provided link earlier) I have a good series for all those interested in history and dealing with historical distortions of Catholicism called "The Catholic Church -Builder of Western Civilization". It's by Dr Tom Woods. Here is the one on Galileo but the side-bar has all 13 episodes. They are fantastic and Dr Woods is a well-known traditional Catholic with a lot of political clout in America (relatively speaking).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlE7xvc4LoY
Reply 5012
Thread seems to be dead but whatever I need some favours. I am trying to get a Juventutem group started for East Anglia. It's a long shot since I hardly ever see young people in my area at the TLM's but perhaps there may be some interest. Juventutem is a group for Catholics 18-35 who are attached to the 1962 Mass or at least interested in traditional Catholicism. Basically, we have a group so that we can organize Masses (East Anglia is sorely lacking; and has hardly any High or Sung Masses regularly), and have socials (woohoo!). I only need three others to help me get started. PM me, respond in this thread, whatever, but if you live in East Anglia and like the old Mass/interested in it then contact me.

Have a look at Nottingham and London who have thriving communities. They really are awesome. Traddy Catholics make good company if not because at least one will be a conspiracy theorist. We also like beer (don't be scandalized; it's all within traditional Catholic moral boundaries!). I say this so that someone hesitant doesn't think this is the same thing as some psuedo-Protestant 'youth group' where we sing Come Gather Together every Saturday evening while talking about the impending rapture. We're young and being young is awesome. Being a good traddy Catholic doesn't mean you can't have good clean fun with friends at a pub. It just means some conversations will be about awesome saints, the Mass and devotions; and we'll be in bed before 12! So there ya have it!

God Bless!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5013
This thread really is a bit dead :sad:

I'm not East Anglia area, (and actually am not a fan of the Tridentine Mass) but I wish you luck with setting it up!

I would love a modern rite Mass said in Latin. That would be awesome. :daydreaming:
Original post by Aula
This thread really is a bit dead :sad:

:console: :hugs: :console:

I'm not East Anglia area, (and actually am not a fan of the Tridentine Mass) but I wish you luck with setting it up!

Yes, all the best of luck to you SPB! :h:
Just to bump the thread a bit further: I'm seeing Book of Mormon at the theatre with my work colleagues tonight. Have a feeling I'll probs have to go to confession afterwards :teehee:
Reply 5016
Just to bump the thread a bit further: I'm seeing Book of Mormon at the theatre with my work colleagues tonight. Have a feeling I'll probs have to go to confession afterwards :teehee:

I think I quite want to see that. It looks quite funny.
Not a fan of south park though... Need to read a few reviews first I think.

I'm still sad I missed out on seeing Sister Act :sad:
Reply 5017
Also:

[scrollr]:nyan:[/scrollr]
Original post by Aula
I think I quite want to see that. It looks quite funny.
Not a fan of south park though... Need to read a few reviews first I think.

I'm still sad I missed out on seeing Sister Act :sad:

Definitely, I've heard it's meant to be really good.
I saw Sister Act a few years ago, that was really good but I was disappointed they didn't have the original songs from the film, LOVE IT!!
Original post by SPB
Thread seems to be dead but whatever I need some favours. I am trying to get a Juventutem group started for East Anglia. It's a long shot since I hardly ever see young people in my area at the TLM's but perhaps there may be some interest. Juventutem is a group for Catholics 18-35 who are attached to the 1962 Mass or at least interested in traditional Catholicism. Basically, we have a group so that we can organize Masses (East Anglia is sorely lacking; and has hardly any High or Sung Masses regularly), and have socials (woohoo!). I only need three others to help me get started. PM me, respond in this thread, whatever, but if you live in East Anglia and like the old Mass/interested in it then contact me.

Have a look at Nottingham and London who have thriving communities. They really are awesome. Traddy Catholics make good company if not because at least one will be a conspiracy theorist. We also like beer (don't be scandalized; it's all within traditional Catholic moral boundaries!). I say this so that someone hesitant doesn't think this is the same thing as some psuedo-Protestant 'youth group' where we sing Come Gather Together every Saturday evening while talking about the impending rapture. We're young and being young is awesome. Being a good traddy Catholic doesn't mean you can't have good clean fun with friends at a pub. It just means some conversations will be about awesome saints, the Mass and devotions; and we'll be in bed before 12! So there ya have it!

God Bless!

Good luck to you, it sounds really interesting but I'm not in the East Anglia area...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending