The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Original post by Vionar
:eek: Dutch? Why? And what is the other language? I am assuming that the third is English!

Dutch? Why Not:wink: and the other language is Español.
Reply 681
Original post by Red Fox

It wasn't a why are you doing it you weirdo, it was a why are you doing it you cool person! I'm half Dutch, but barely speak any Dutch! Ooh, Spanish!
Original post by Red Fox

Ik houd van het Nederlands, maar ik heb geen tijd om het te doen :frown: ¿Vas a estudiar el holandés en una clase o por tu cuenta? :smile:
They probably should teach basic cases from the start, but, then... I can't say that I feel very enthusiastic about the idea of teaching the dative case to up to thirty year 10s, of varying levels of interest, previous attainment and behaviour! It is also the case that people can get A/A* on GCSE without comprehending the case system. (I have absolutely no idea how, as I don't think I could've, but obviously they're brighter than me).

Actually, a lot of GCSE subjects teach (or did teach) inaccuracies, which have/had to be corrected at A-level. I can remember my biology teacher occasionally wincing at the textbook, and taking people who wanted to do A-level aside to tell us that the GCSE textbook terms would lose us marks at AS!
Reply 684
Original post by Kolya
我是外教. 目前我会阅读中文, 但是话说得不好. 打算听得懂电视 就开始学习文言. 当然当时可能 继续说话汉语, 阅读中文报纸, 什么的. 觉得你应该成为 正直世界公民, 看懂你的国家的文化, 还有看懂 你的国家的时事. 就是人民的义务. 是重要的. 在中国很多 洋人不知道国内时事. 假如你问十个洋人: "谁是中国的总理啊?" 几个知道? 大部分不知道. 特别外国老师 应该以身作则. 我希望 学生们看世界公民, 不就看用英语的口. 你说什么?

Original post by Bambirina
不好意思, 在这个网站上汉字不行 ..
你的问题是, 这个学期以后我要做什么?
我7月3日回国. 9月去英国曼彻斯特上大学 :smile: 我会学习汉语和日语.

你呢? 你在做什么 ?

想不到这里竟然有人说汉语哦!我还以为,因为亚洲语言并不流行,大家都只会学欧洲语言。太好了!你们还会说其他语言吗?Bambirina, 你会在大学学日语,对吗?我以前也学过,但后来觉得太难而放弃了。:frown: Kolya,我很佩服你哦,你愿意学习文言文!
Reply 685
Original post by constantmeowage
Ik houd van het Nederlands, maar ik heb geen tijd om het te doen :frown: ¿Vas a estudiar el holandés en una clase o por tu cuenta? :smile:
If you truly love it, the you would find time (not fluent enough to respond in Dutch). Voy a aprender el holandés en mi tiempo libre.
Reply 686
Would anyone be willing to correct what I've written for a French controlled assessment?
Original post by Red Fox
If you truly love it, the you would find time (not fluent enough to respond in Dutch). Voy a aprender el holandés en mi tiempo libre.

Hahaha pues hay otras lenguas que son más importantes, de momento. :frown: ¿Y hacer el A Level posteriormente? He oído que es muy difícil conseguir un A en idiomas como éso, porque sólo nativos hacen la cualificación, pues se necesita una cantidad estúpida de puntos para conseguir las mejores notas. :frown:
Original post by Octopus_Garden
They probably should teach basic cases from the start, but, then... I can't say that I feel very enthusiastic about the idea of teaching the dative case to up to thirty year 10s, of varying levels of interest, previous attainment and behaviour! It is also the case that people can get A/A* on GCSE without comprehending the case system. (I have absolutely no idea how, as I don't think I could've, but obviously they're brighter than me).

Actually, a lot of GCSE subjects teach (or did teach) inaccuracies, which have/had to be corrected at A-level. I can remember my biology teacher occasionally wincing at the textbook, and taking people who wanted to do A-level aside to tell us that the GCSE textbook terms would lose us marks at AS!

Absolutely, there isn't enough interest to warrant teachers teaching 'complex' grammar to 14 year olds who don't give a **** one way or the other. Hence why to me it seems much more important that, if the government are adamant that students sharpen their foreign language skills, we either start language learning at 4 years old and up, or we go the full whammy and teach bilingually or whatever (like some schools do in Wales). Then of course we'll have a certain amount of parents complaining that 'my poor darling is so confused because we're not allowed to call a cat 'a cat' anymore. Political correctness gone mad, you know!' -.- So really the government can't win, because Anglosphere culture dominates our society (ie, foreign things are limited to pizza and curry), and it's not like older generations really care.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 689
Hahaha pues hay otras lenguas que son más importantes, de momento. :frown: ¿Y hacer el A Level posteriormente? He oído que es muy difícil conseguir un A en idiomas como éso, porque sólo nativos hacen la cualificación, pues se necesita una cantidad estúpida de puntos para conseguir las mejores notas. :frown:

I don't want to embarrass myself by making a huge mistake in my Spanish, I'm only intermediate. Natives shouldn't be allowed to do it, obviously if I went to Holland I would ace the English qualification but it's not really worth anything to a native really. I think some Universities won't accept a native(foreign) language as an A-Level.
Original post by Red Fox
I don't want to embarrass myself by making a huge mistake in my Spanish, I'm only intermediate. Natives shouldn't be allowed to do it, obviously if I went to Holland I would ace the English qualification but it's not really worth anything to a native really. I think some Universities won't accept a native(foreign) language as an A-Level.

Jajaja no no yo también, solo estoy a un nivel intermedio, pues deberías tratar de expresarte en español para mejorar tus capacidades :smile: tienes razón - conozco algunas personas que han hecho un A Level en su lengua materna pero no vale nada en sus aplicaciones con UCAS.
Reply 691
Jajaja no no yo también, solo estoy a un nivel intermedio, pues deberías tratar de expresarte en español para mejorar tus capacidades :smile: tienes razón - conozco algunas personas que han hecho un A Level en su lengua materna pero no vale nada en sus aplicaciones con UCAS.

Voy a tratar expresar mi español ahora pero en el año proximo, no voy a continuar español tan hay no razón continaur hablar la lengua. Please tell me that makes some sense, I'm not confident.
Original post by Red Fox
Voy a tratar expresar mi español ahora pero en el año proximo, no voy a continuar español tan hay no razón continaur hablar la lengua. Please tell me that makes some sense, I'm not confident.

Yes, I understand what you wanted to say, it's far from incomprehensible. :smile: I didn't correct your few mistakes because I'm not sure you wanted me to, but it's certainly not bad at all. :smile: Have you self learned this or was it in class? :smile:
Reply 693
Yes, I understand what you wanted to say, it's far from incomprehensible. :smile: I didn't correct your few mistakes because I'm not sure you wanted me to, but it's certainly not bad at all. :smile: Have you self learned this or was it in class? :smile:

I had Spanish for 3 years in KS3 but it was all vocabulary pretty much and very basic grammar and sentence structure. I've self taught it to GCSE and I will end up with at least an A, but hopefully an A* because the GCSE exams are so easy it's a joke. You just have to tick a few boxes. I'm unsure of whether to continue Spanish to A-Level because I am getting bored of it and if the motivation isn't there, I don't think there is much point. Oh, and please feel free to tell me my mistakes. How else will I learn?
Original post by Red Fox
Voy a tratar de expresarme mi en español ahora pero en el próximo año, no voy a continuar español, por eso/por lo tanto no hay no ninguna razón para(??? Native speaker here please) continuar a hablar la lengua. Please tell me that makes some sense, I'm not confident.

What did you mean by 'tan' here? Did you mean 'so', as in 'therefore'? I've corrected it as if you meant 'therefore' here.

Ah okay :smile: So apart from Dutch and Spanish, what's your other language? You said that would make four, right?
Reply 695
Original post by Red Fox

My suggestions where I'm not sure constantmeowage quite nailed it:

el año que viene (NB: no 'en')

no tengo motivo para continuar/seguir hablando
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 696
What did you mean by 'tan' here? Did you mean 'so', as in 'therefore'? I've corrected it as if you meant 'therefore' here.

Ah okay :smile: So apart from Dutch and Spanish, what's your other language? You said that would make four, right?

I've just started learning French and I know Panjabi. Obviously English also.
Original post by Ronove
My suggestions where I'm not sure constantmeowage quite nailed it:

el año que viene (NB: no 'en')

no tengo motivo para continuar/seguir hablando

Muchas gracias, no me gusta corregir cosas porque no estoy nunca seguro de que mis correcciones sean correctas :frown:
Reply 698
Original post by AquisM
想不到这里竟然有人说汉语哦!我还以为,因为亚洲语言并不流行,大家都只会学欧洲语言。太好了你们还会说其他语言吗? 现今越来越西方人 学习亚洲语言. 虽然比欧洲语言很少. 我目前不会说其他语言, 因为汉语是真的充足的. (语言的话, 我觉得'百星不如一月'.) 如果我写错了, 请改正!

请问, 你的母语是啥? 英语还是广东话?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 699
Original post by Kolya
现今越来越西方人 学习亚洲语言. 虽然比欧洲语言很少. 我目前不会说其他语言, 因为汉语是真的充足的. (语言的话, 我觉得'百星不如一月'.) 如果我写错了, 请改正!

请问, 你的母语是啥? 英语还是广东话?

Mmm... 我自己也不太清楚。我的英文应该比广东话流利一点儿,可是在家我还是说广东话,都可以说是双母语吧!可是我不敢改正你,因为虽然我是中国人,但其实我的中文很差劲的。xP
EDIT: 看来有些汉字不能在这里显示出来,我不知道怎么解决这个问题。

Es genial saber que hay tantos políglotas dotados aquí en el foro (aunque hace que me sienta inferior porque no hablo muchas lenguas... xD)
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending