The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rooney wants to leave, breaking on SSN. Sorry if already mentioned.
Reply 3741
To be honest if Rooney has asked to leave, he will leave no player will be kept at the club, just Man Utd don't want to reduce the price, Rooney has been a great player for us, kept us at the top post Ronaldo but the incident in 2010 always told us that Rooney didn't give a **** about the club but only his cv and his pockets, let him leave I say, cash in on him and buy a suitable replacement and since his decline there are many, the press will go wild about it saying the new Man Utd without Fergie and now Rooney has to fail, but lets be honest Rooney is in decline for us, he is not needed and paying 250k a week for a player on the bench is like what Madrid are doing to Kaka, Rooney should go to PSG, the ****ty league will maintain his reputation and he'll be guaranteed starts, something Rooney is not guaranteed here with Kagawa and Welbeck.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
How many more times are you going to slip this opinion of yours in? :smile:

If Rooney wants to leave (again), then so be it. He gave us his best years and I'm grateful for that. Having said that, personally would not settle for anything under £35mil. Preferably towards the 40 mark.

Sorry, but RVP really grates me. Just always find it amusing how all fans are blinded on the personal shortcomings of players who play for their team until the second they leave.

Nobody will pay anywhere near 35 for Rooney. 25m is his true value imo
I've yet to see anything concrete on the Rooney front so till I do I will regard it as tosh frankly.

if he does leave we won't accept less than £30m for him as we paid nearly that anyway for him IIRC
Reply 3744
That side without Rooney is better than our current first team 11 people say how flexible he is and stuff but lately Giggs has been preferred in the wings compared to him, RVP is better up front and the only 2 positions he can play are CM & CAM. Anybody else hope we get Bale/Ronaldo and revert back to 4-3-3 again.

DDG
Rafael- Vida - Evans - Evra/Baines
Carrick - new DM/Cleverly
Kagawa
Nani/Valencia - RVP - Bale/Ronaldo
Reply 3745
Original post by SciFiRory
I've yet to see anything concrete on the Rooney front so till I do I will regard it as tosh frankly.

if he does leave we won't accept less than £30m for him as we paid nearly that anyway for him IIRC

pretty wierd way of thinking about it. Torres cost chelsea 50mill im sure if you offered then 30 they would bite your hand off. Gotta cut your losses rather than loosing 20/25mill altogether
Original post by yaboy
pretty wierd way of thinking about it. Torres cost chelsea 50mill im sure if you offered then 30 they would bite your hand off. Gotta cut your losses rather than loosing 20/25mill altogether

comparing Rooney to Torres and then expecting me to respect your opinion on footballing matters is rather rich don't you think?
Reply 3747
comparing Rooney to Torres and then expecting me to respect your opinion on footballing matters is rather rich don't you think?

lol rooney is not performing too well at the minute though is he

You realise SSN have confirmed the club have said he's not for sale right? "MANCHESTER UNITED: WAYNE ROONEY IS NOT FOR SALE"

Not saying anything is fact in terms of him actually saying he wants to leave though however.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You realise SSN have confirmed the club have said he's not for sale right? "MANCHESTER UNITED: WAYNE ROONEY IS NOT FOR SALE"

Not saying anything is fact in terms of him actually saying he wants to leave though however.

which means he isn't for sale? doesn't mean he has said he wants to leave, just means the club felt it necessary to call BS on the media reports that he is...
which means he isn't for sale? doesn't mean he has said he wants to leave, just means the club felt it necessary to call BS on the media reports that he is...

Well yeah, nothing is fact in that sense yet however it does look very likely he wants to leave.
Reply 3751
Original post by Zürich
Lots of hate for Rooney. Could be worse, imagine if he'd been injured his entire career and owed everything to Utd before forcing his way to City as captain after his first full season for a huge pay rise...

Interesting how RVP is a seen as a classy, trustworthy guy because he did it to someone else but Rooney is now scum for allegedly preparing to do less to Utd. But that's all football fans I guess.

So what rvp isn't an angel much like giggs isn't an angel but nobody talks about that

I'm bored of rooneys BS if he wants to go let him, no player is bigger than the club

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3752
Do you think we could get Baines from Everton on the cheap if Moyes joins utd. Possible even Fellani ?
Reply 3753
Original post by rohitbd
Rooney can go if he wants, Falcao, Bale and Ronaldo would improve us anyway, yes he's been a good player but if he wants 250k a week he can leave for the right price of anything above 40mil.

You honestly think the Glazers would authorise a near £200,000,000 splurge on three players in one summer with their wages hitting about £800,000 a week combined :lolwut:

Do you actually realise how ridiculous your post is?

On a more serious point, Falcao and RVP are too similar and RVP offers more outside the box, so what would be the point in buying him, except to buy the current fancy name in world football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the point in selling Rooney and then buying an actual striker who wouldn't even fit in the team anyway? People seem to forget what type of player Rooney is and what formation we play, Falcao and co would come in and do sweet **** all for our first 11
Original post by rohitbd
That side without Rooney is better than our current first team 11 people say how flexible he is and stuff but lately Giggs has been preferred in the wings compared to him, RVP is better up front and the only 2 positions he can play are CM & CAM. Anybody else hope we get Bale/Ronaldo and revert back to 4-3-3 again.

DDG
Rafael- Vida - Evans - Evra/Baines
Carrick - new DM/Cleverly
Kagawa
Nani/Valencia - RVP - Bale/Ronaldo

Kagawa hasn't done anything to show he is better there than Rooney, there is a reason he hasn't played a massive amount, Rooney has been better.
Original post by The Rusty Spork
You honestly think the Glazers would authorise a near £200,000,000 splurge on three players in one summer with their wages hitting about £800,000 a week combined :lolwut:

Do you actually realise how ridiculous your post is?

On a more serious point, Falcao and RVP are too similar and RVP offers more outside the box, so what would be the point in buying him, except to buy the current fancy name in world football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think he means any one of the 3 would improve the team. Falcao is not needed, lewandowski isn't as good as falcao in the box but he offers more outside the box.

Bale would be a good person to replace rooney though. He can play on the wings and switch with kagawa if needed.
Original post by Tommyjw
Kagawa hasn't done anything to show he is better there than Rooney, there is a reason he hasn't played a massive amount, Rooney has been better.

Then you could say sell Rooney and then get Bale.
We got enough strikers and we got and AM in Kagawa. Sell Rooney and use the money to buy a player in a different position-maybe LW in Bale?

On another note, Moyes's playing style is not as entertaining to watch. That might be an issue.
Just imagine Bayern now. I think they would have the strongest team for about 20 years of any club that period!!
I did not think you could improve that Bayern team anymore, but the addition of Gotze and maybe Rooney will be unbelievable and also Guardiola as their manager. No one is going to win champions league for 2+ years now (not to mention this year's final).

Envy meter is sky high!

But if Moyes uses more home grown, youth talents than any of the candidates mentioned. It is always more satisfying to see a true red come through the ranks and into the first team than buying someone else. It also has the advantage of not wanting to move anywhere else.
Original post by Tommyjw

Kagawa was injured for 2 months of the season. And you're probably one of the few who think Rooney's been better this season. You could count his good games on one hand. He's been distinctly average. The West Ham game was pretty clear evidence that Kagawa had leapfrogged Rooney in the pecking order. He's a much better player in that role.

Latest