Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Course: classics
Conditions: AAB (A in Latin)
Insurance: none
Comments: applied late through extra after a change of mind about course (declined all offers for history and german, hence no insurance). So happy Warwick gave me an opportunity to do classics rather than having to take a gap year and reapply :biggrin: really excited to come :biggrin:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Course: Law with business
Conditions: 36 IB points
Insurance: York
I really hope the accommodation application form opens soon- they say May so shouldn't be too long now! It would just be lovely to get it sorted! :smile:
Reply 103
I've had an offer to study Theatre and Performance Studies and I can't decide on accommodation! Arthur Vick or Jack Martin?!
Original post by ellybrew
I've had an offer to study Theatre and Performance Studies and I can't decide on accommodation! Arthur Vick or Jack Martin?!

Those are my favourite halls too- I might go for Jack Martin just because it seems about the same and is a bit cheaper!
Reply 105
Original post by FairportSong20
Those are my favourite halls too- I might go for Jack Martin just because it seems about the same and is a bit cheaper!

The problem with Jack Martin is its 30 weeks instead of 39. I hate moving my stuff and move out during the holiday terms other ways I would have been a great Accommodation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Hi is anyone applying for cryfields/knows what is like?:smile:
Reply 107
Original post by ed657

I might be applying for Cryfields, my Mom is very impressed with the price :smile: but do we have to write a bit about ourselves and they recommend accommodation or something?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 108
Original post by Ursin
I might be applying for Cryfields, my Mom is very impressed with the price :smile: but do we have to write a bit about ourselves and they recommend accommodation or something?

The way that works is you would put down your choices of accommodation in order of preference then you are automatically allocated to one of your choices. You may or may not get your first choice depending on how popular Cryfield is. Then, your personal description is used to arrange the people within each accommodation, putting people with similar personalities together.
Original post by ed657

My brother lived there and had a great time. Room is good size. There's a sink in your room. He said he never had to wait to cook/use bathroom.
Original post by Ffijon
My brother lived there and had a great time. Room is good size. There's a sink in your room. He said he never had to wait to cook/use bathroom.

The only problem I can think of for cry fields is that the kitchens are small and corridors vsmall so it wouldn't encourage flatmates to hang out in accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Warwick course you're firming - Computer Science
Grades you need - AAA
Where you're picking as Insurance - Bath
Reply 112
Original post by Perpetual_nomad
The only problem I can think of for cry fields is that the kitchens are small and corridors vsmall so it wouldn't encourage flatmates to hang out in accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was one of my reservations but apparently there's a decent common room and other areas - i suppose the good thing about Warwick is that places where people hang out will never be tooo far away:smile:
Warwick course you're firming - Maths (4 years)
Grades you need - A*A*A2
Comments - Now to have a look at accomodation! :biggrin:
Reply 114
Warwick course you're firming - Physics (4 years)
Grades you need - A*AA
Comments - I just really hope I can get an A* in something :colondollar:
Warwick course you're firming - Mathematics And Philosophy

Grades you need - A*AA + 1 in STEP or A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA

Where you're picking as Insurance - Bristol

Comments - So worried about STEP/AEA :frown:
Original post by Mastermind2
Warwick course you're firming - Mathematics (G103)
Grades you need - None (already achieved A*A*A 2)
Where you're picking as Insurance - Nowhere, Warwick is where I belong :colone:
Comments - Getting into Warwick is a dream come true. I absolutely loved it when I went to the open day, and the course looks amazing!! I would've been very disappointed if I went to a different uni. So bring it :colone:

Hi :smile:

I presume the fact that you've already got your A-Levels means that you took a year out? Is it as easy to get the standard offer (and therefore get in, assuming you have the grades) after a year out? Also, did you apply there the year before, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by A Pink Monster
Hi :smile:

I presume the fact that you've already got your A-Levels means that you took a year out? Is it as easy to get the standard offer (and therefore get in, assuming you have the grades) after a year out? Also, did you apply there the year before, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Yep, I'm currently on my year out. In my experience, they'll definitely give you the standard offer as long as you have achieved, or are predicted to achieve at least AAB including M and FM.

I applied last year, got an offer, but just narrowly missed out on a place. Here I am now, with a guaranteed place starting this October :smile:
Reply 118
Warwick course you're firming - Theatre and Performance Studies
Grades you need - AAB
Where you're picking as Insurance - Lancaster
Comments - I can't wait! Hope I get the grades!!! Anyone else applying for Theatre and Performance Studies?
Reply 119
I'm just curious, did anyone else receive a letter from warwick after firming them? Anything at all. Cause I didn't and I'm not sure whether I did something wrong or it is normal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending