The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chelshocked
Hi I'm doing English Studies and Professional Education too, I'm 23 and stay 10 mins bus journey from the university so I will be commuting.

What aspect of the course are you looking forward to?

I'm most looking forward to the education part of the programme :-) but English studies intrigues me too as I have always had an interest in English - bit nervous though, hope I like it ok! How about you?? :-)
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
In regards to the accommodation, I thought the university didn't start allocating rooms until August - I'm guessing that's wrong as people are getting their rooms now?
Original post by Lindsay.Brown
In regards to the accommodation, I thought the university didn't start allocating rooms until August - I'm guessing that's wrong as people are getting their rooms now?

They are allocating for the ones who got an Unconditional and have firmed it!
Those with conditionals have to wait August, I think!
Original post by Lindsay.Brown
I'm most looking forward to the education part of the programme :-) but English studies intrigues me too as I have always had an interest in English - bit nervous though, hope I like it ok! How about you?? :-)

Quite nervous about being back in education generally, it's been a few years since I last was in any kind of educational setting so there has been that but overall I am really excited for going back.

Have you had a look on the English departments site yet? I managed to pick up a reading list for some of the modules so if you need anything just ask :smile:
Hi :smile: My name is Hannah, I'm 19 and from northern Ireland. I confirmed Stirling a few weeks ago and have got a flat in fraser of allander. Studying psychology. Quite excited. Anyone else staying there or doing psychology?
Reply 145
Original post by shopgirl1818
Hi :smile: My name is Hannah, I'm 19 and from northern Ireland. I confirmed Stirling a few weeks ago and have got a flat in fraser of allander. Studying psychology. Quite excited. Anyone else staying there or doing psychology?

Hey im Megan! :smile: I'll be studying psychology too although with philosophy :smile: I'll be staying in ash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Studying psychology too!got a room in ASH,but I m thinking of living off campus, wbu? Also I want to ask you about the other courses we need to take the first two years..do u know anything about this?
Reply 147

Hey Hannah, I'm Lynsey and I'm also 19, from NI and have a room in Fraser of Allander! I'll be studying primary ed with mod languages :smile:
Reply 148
Original post by soylynsey
Hey Hannah, I'm Lynsey and I'm also 19, from NI and have a room in Fraser of Allander! I'll be studying primary ed with mod languages :smile:

Yay, someone else who's doing primary education! I'm also doing primary education with modern languages. Did you go to the applicant day on the 13th April? I'll be staying in Muirhead House.
Reply 149
Original post by Pippin96
Yay, someone else who's doing primary education! I'm also doing primary education with modern languages. Did you go to the applicant day on the 13th April? I'll be staying in Muirhead House.

Oh yay! I've been scrolling through trying to find other people. No, I couldn't get over then so I went to a talk and tour to see the uni. Was the applicant day good? I'm excited to start!
Reply 150
Oh yay! I've been scrolling through trying to find other people. No, I couldn't get over then so I went to a talk and tour to see the uni. Was the applicant day good? I'm excited to start!

Yeah, the applicant day was really good. All the people were really nice. Do you have facebook? If so, I could send you a private message.
Reply 151
Original post by fionaforsyth1
I'm Hungarian also! I've lived in Scotland for 7 years! I'm so glad there will be Hungarians there:biggrin:

:smile: What will you study?

You've no idea how happy it makes me to hear someone's in Fraser, everyone so far says willow or ash! I'm in 1/3/2
Original post by nicholas000
Studying psychology too!got a room in ASH,but I m thinking of living off campus, wbu? Also I want to ask you about the other courses we need to take the first two years..do u know anything about this?

I think it's around July time if you have a unconditional and around August if you're getting results, but they send you out info with the other modules on them and you choose which ones suit you! I got a page at the open day but its only a rough idea and I picked mine from that. Don't worry about it though, you'll get plenty of time to choose! Mine might not even be possible just have to wait and see :smile:
Original post by Megster
Hey im Megan! :smile: I'll be studying psychology too although with philosophy :smile: I'll be staying in ash.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds really good! I was thinking of doing philosophy as one of my other modules!
Reply 155

Just thought I'd say that I started a thread a couple of weeks ago titled "Primary Education 2013/14". No-one else has posted on it, but if you find it and post on it that would bring it up to the top of the forum list so that other people might see it.

It would be good if we could find more teachers-to-be!

I'll send you a private message with my facebook details.
Reply 156
You've no idea how happy it makes me to hear someone's in Fraser, everyone so far says willow or ash! I'm in 1/3/2

I know, same! I'm 1/3/1 so we should be close!
Reply 157
That sounds really good! I was thinking of doing philosophy as one of my other modules!

I went to the applicant day and philosophy looked really good, can't wait to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Megster

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Megan! I'm Caragh and I'm also studying psychology and philosophy. I'm staying in ash too - we're obviously meant to be friends :five:
Original post by Naturally707
Hey! I've accepted my offer for English Studies! I'm staying in Andrew Stewart Halls, 6/03E? Anyone else or near? :smile:

I'm staying in 6/02E. I think that means we're neighbours :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending