The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by diggy
So what rvp isn't an angel much like giggs isn't an angel but nobody talks about that

I'm bored of rooneys BS if he wants to go let him, no player is bigger than the club

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats twice in 3 years urgh if he is that desperate, then he should leave. No one is bigger than the club and theres no point keeping an unhappy player at Utd or any club for that matter
Reply 3761
Original post by The Rusty Spork
You honestly think the Glazers would authorise a near £200,000,000 splurge on three players in one summer with their wages hitting about £800,000 a week combined :lolwut:

Do you actually realise how ridiculous your post is?

On a more serious point, Falcao and RVP are too similar and RVP offers more outside the box, so what would be the point in buying him, except to buy the current fancy name in world football.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Soz I meant one of those players not all 3. lol
Original post by Tommyjw
What's the point in selling Rooney and then buying an actual striker who wouldn't even fit in the team anyway? People seem to forget what type of player Rooney is and what formation we play, Falcao and co would come in and do sweet **** all for our first 11

Thats what a lot of fans said about RVP, but definitely Bale/Ronaldo would be the preferred choice.

Original post by Tommyjw
Kagawa hasn't done anything to show he is better there than Rooney, there is a reason he hasn't played a massive amount, Rooney has been better.

Yeah but Kagawa has not really had a chance there most season because of Rooney, he is never being able to flourish in that role. Rooney for me is best in that SS role but we don't play with a SS in most important games, and his passing has been so off at points this season its frustrating. Rooney for me has shown how **** his attitude is, because he is no longer guaranteed a spot in the first 11 instead of fighting for a place he wants to leave, just so disappointed in him because when RVP/Kagawa came in I thought this day might happen, but more likely thought Rooney would fight for his place.
Original post by Sir Phillip Jones
Kagawa was injured for 2 months of the season. And you're probably one of the few who think Rooney's been better this season. You could count his good games on one hand. He's been distinctly average. The West Ham game was pretty clear evidence that Kagawa had leapfrogged Rooney in the pecking order. He's a much better player in that role.

No point in arguing about Rooney with Tommy. Rooney's stats are better. It's all that matters.

Rooney can go **** himself. Second time in three years.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Sir Phillip Jones
Kagawa was injured for 2 months of the season. And you're probably one of the few who think Rooney's been better this season. You could count his good games on one hand. He's been distinctly average. The West Ham game was pretty clear evidence that Kagawa had leapfrogged Rooney in the pecking order. He's a much better player in that role.

Are.. are you kidding? Rooney has just simply been better than Kagawa this season, thats basically just a fact.

I really am not one of the few who think he has been better than Kagawa, i really am not.

Amazed how Kagawa has been injured, he has played less games, he has played less good games, and yet somehow he has still done better :laugh:

Original post by rohitbd

Yeah but Kagawa has not really had a chance there most season because of Rooney, he is never being able to flourish in that role. Rooney for me is best in that SS role but we don't play with a SS in most important games, and his passing has been so off at points this season its frustrating. Rooney for me has shown how **** his attitude is, because he is no longer guaranteed a spot in the first 11 instead of fighting for a place he wants to leave, just so disappointed in him because when RVP/Kagawa came in I thought this day might happen, but more likely thought Rooney would fight for his place.

I would say playing on the right, left, middle, in CM is him fighting for his place is it not? What would other forwards do? Would they play CM knowing its not their position and they would get so much focus on them if they play poorly? would other forwards even allow RvP to play the ST role so much for the benefit of the team?

When RvP went anonymous for games in a row did you think the same? Oh no, because thats RvP. RvP was completely **** for a while but he made one good touch like a flick on and suddenly it's worth it to play him, when Rooney is keeping the goals coming in and his passing is off for half a 45 minute half suddenly he doesn't care, the double standards is stupid.

At the end of the day, he has fought for his place in this team for years. A less versatile player would have ****ed off years ago when they had the chance, before they had to work behind Berbatov, behind Welbeck, behind Rvp, behind Hernandez, alongside Ronaldo + Tevez, behinv RvN etc etc etc etc.

How many world class players get shunted to other positions to accommodate other, mostly lower quality players? Not many, not many at all.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NathanW18
No point in arguing about Rooney with Tommy. Rooney's stats are better. It's all that matters.

Rooney can go **** himself. Second time in three years.

:laugh: Oh shut up you fool, embarrassing yourself. Anyone who actually understands football knows how important Rooney is to this team, and can see how very clearly he has done better than Kagawa in that role this season.
IF United agree to let Rooney leave, how much do you think they'd be willing to let him leave for. He's definitely not the player he was a few seasons back, but something around the £30 million mark?
Anyone that actually watches the team play can see that Rooney has had a poor season. He doesn't look arsed and then hands in a transfer request. He can **** off.

Also, thank you for the neg, Tommy!
Original post by Tommyjw
:laugh: Oh shut up you fool, embarrassing yourself. Anyone who actually understands football knows how important Rooney is to this team, and can see how very clearly he has done better than Kagawa in that role this season.

Not sure why you're so eager to defend Rooney when he's trying to force his way out for the 2nd time in 3 years...

The majority of the games ive seen him in, he's been average at best and terrible in certain games. He's not a class CAM so either play him as a striker or sell up.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
Not sure why you're so eager to defend Rooney when he's trying to force his way out for the 2nd time in 3 years...

The majority of the games ive seen him in, he's been average at best and terrible in certain games. He's not a class CAM so either play him as a striker or sell up.

A world class player thats forced to play out of position to accommodate the likes of Welbeck, forced to play CM etc.. and willingly does so.. is trying to leave to a place where he can play the position he wants?

What an absolute **** he must be.

Average at best? Oh dear.
Original post by Tommyjw

I have no idea why you talk to people like this on here. Anyone disagrees with you and insetad of putting your point across like everyone else, you just type a load of abuse.

If anyone is embarrassing themselves, it's you.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I have no idea why you talk to people like this on here. Anyone disagrees with you and insetad of putting your point across like everyone else, you just type a load of abuse.

If anyone is embarrassing themselves, it's you.

"No point in arguing about Rooney with Tommy. Rooney's stats are better. It's all that matters."

Yep, look at that incredibly valid and well thought out argument against me, i'm such an ass for responding to that incredibly well substantiated point with no actual discussion :rolleyes:
Original post by Tommyjw
A world class player thats forced to play out of position to accommodate the likes of Welbeck, forced to play CM etc.. and willingly does so.. is trying to leave to a place where he can play the position he wants?

What an absolute **** he must be.

Average at best? Oh dear.

Rooney tried to force a move(probably to City) 2 years ago when he was your main striker. Or are Utd fans still pretending that that didnt happen?

He's average as a CAM. His reputation as a top player is that of a striker. By your logic Rooney can play Center Back or anywhere else on the pitch and we still have to judge him as if he was playing as a striker.
I made plenty of points the last time we discussed this.

All you did was bring back some stats, with no actual source and then personally insulted me. I have noticed that whenever anybody disagrees with you, you insult them, rather than actually coming back with a reasonable argument.
Original post by Zürich

He's average as a CAM. His reputation as a top player is that of a striker. By your logic Rooney can play Center Back or anywhere else on the pitch and we still have to judge him as if he was playing as a striker.

Is that why he was the second best offensive player in the league last season despite playing behind the striker?

And thats not by my logic at all, best not to put words in my mouth.
Original post by NathanW18

All you did was bring back some stats,

Is this before or after the talk about his versatility, his ability all over the pitch, his goalscoring + chance created ability, his obviously bigger work rate than others etc etc?

Nah, just stats right ;

You're points were crap last time you actually tried to discuss them and since then the only things you've done is circlejerked about how 'tommy only cares about stats'. My favourite was when you said RvP has looked more dangerous than Rooney, and used thats as a reason Rooney isn't doing well, pretty hilarious if you ask me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Is that why he was the second best offensive player in the league last season despite playing behind the striker?

And thats not by my logic at all, best not to put words in my mouth.

You literally responded to the point that Rooney is much less effective as a CAM than as a striker by arguing that Rooney is class. You need to qualify that because it very much matters where on the pitch he plays. Up top there's no doubting he'll get 20+ goals a season but as a CAM he is not Utd quality.

Bottom line, horses for courses.
Original post by Tommyjw
"No point in arguing about Rooney with Tommy. Rooney's stats are better. It's all that matters."

Yep, look at that incredibly valid and well thought out argument against me, i'm such an ass for responding to that incredibly well substantiated point with no actual discussion :rolleyes:

Not just that post, pretty much every post you make.

Also you've not proven him wrong or given any real argument as to why Rooney's been better this season. You just said anyone who understands football will say he's better, that was it. Where was your thought out and valid argument?

Kagawa has played less and yet has still had a game like the one vs Norwich where he was utter class for the whole game. Rooney hasn't had a game like that. I await your inevitable "because one game means he's been better for the whole season, your logic is incredibly stupid :rolleyes:" etc.

To be honest your opinions are just like something out of RedCafe. I bet you post on there.
Original post by Zürich
You literally responded to the point that Rooney is much less effective as a CAM than as a striker by arguing that Rooney is class. You need to qualify that because it very much matters where on the pitch he plays. Up top there's no doubting he'll get 20+ goals a season but as a CAM he is not Utd quality.

Bottom line, horses for courses.

You just ignored my point completely. Rooney is currently our best player playing behind the striker and thats just a fact.

Original post by Wilfred Little

Kagawa has played less and yet has still had a game like the one vs Norwich where he was utter class for the whole game. Rooney hasn't had a game like that. I await your inevitable "because one game means he's been better for the whole season, your logic is incredibly stupid :rolleyes:" etc..

Norwich where he contributed 3 goals? Stoke also 3? reading also 3? All where he played very well and all very equatable to that one match where Kagawa actually performed his role well and didn't have to be subbed or didn't get pushed off the ball constantly.?

But nah, Rooneys never performed well right?

P.s. Kagawa wasn't 'utter class' all game btw
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
Norwich where he contributed 3 goals? Stoke also 3? reading also 3? All where he played very well and all very equatable to that one match where Kagawa actually performed his role well and didn't have to be subbed or didn't get pushed off the ball constantly.?

More stats, what a surprise ^

NathanW18 you were right.

Here's what I actually said:

Rooney hasn't had a game like that.

And here's what you respond with:

But nah, Rooneys never performed well right?

No argument provided.

Now get back to posting on RedCafe with the rest of those window licking spazzes :tongue:
Original post by Tommyjw
You just ignored my point completely. Rooney is currently our best player playing behind the striker and thats just a fact.

If PSG slapped 30m on the table tonight, you dont think you could find a replacement for that money to play CAM better than Rooney?

You could have had 20yo Gotze to play there for that cash or Mata for 24m.

Latest