The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
More stats, what a surprise ^

My god your an imbecile.

Just ignore where i said he played very well in all of them then? Just ignore where the comparison is between Kagawas hat trick and thus numbers apply?

Its funny how clueless people can be that they just flat out ignore any stats and any argument that is brought along with them.

No argument provided.

Cheers for the solid argument about how Rooney has never had a good as good as Kagawas this season..

Oh wait.. you didn't provide one? Dam.. the hypocrisy..

Happily go to Redcafe, they actually know what they are talking about unlike yourself :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3781
Tommy are you a United fan or Rooney fan, if I'm not wrong Iniesta has had to adjust for Barca so many times, playing on the wings, as a CAM and as a CM, but he doesn't complain and gets the job done well. Players like Carrick this season have played as our CB this season should he throw a strop as well, or Jones where he has played in more positions this season than Rooney and plays less in his preferred CB position, and even though he could develop quicker at another team I don't see him ****ing off, what about Nani he plays much better on the right than the left but to accommodate Valencia he plays there and in his best season when he was player of the year he was put on the bench with Park and Valencia favoured in the CL final he didnt hand in a transfer request, and this guy actually won us the league in 2011, whereas Rooneys best seasons have always left us trophy less, Hernandez has barely played this season and he still values us and wants to stay here, Kagawa also has had to play in the SS, CAM, LW, RW and CM positions this year and he hasn't handed in a transfer request, I cannot believe a Man Utd fan would defend Rooney's actions, he's being a prick.
Original post by Tommyjw
Rooney is currently our best player playing behind the striker and thats just a fact.

He has played there a lot this season and has looked poor doing it. Before you or anyone else brings up him playing in midfield, he's only played central midfield a couple times in the last few games. The vast majority of games, he has been played behind Van Persie.

He also hasn't been shafted by Welbeck, because he plays most games from the left.

So many fans were saying that Rooney is best at the SS role. Van Persie has allowed him to play there and now they are saying he's not playing his best because he's too deep. Make up your mind.

Regardless of where you are on the pitch, your first touch and short passing ability shouldn't change. I don't expect Rooney to score as many goals as he does when he plays right up top. I expect him to at least do the basic things right. Well, more, because he's our highest paid player and he seems to think he is the best player on our team. He is not even getting the basic things right.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
If PSG slapped 30m on the table tonight, you dont think you could find a replacement for that money to play CAM better than Rooney?

Quote me where i said we wouldn't be able to find a forward to replace him for £30m.
Original post by NathanW18

So many fans were saying that Rooney is best at the SS role. Van Persie has allowed him to play there and now they are saying he's not playing his best because he's too deep. Make up your mind.

.... what?

Thats simply not been said, like.. at all.
Original post by Tommyjw
My god your an imbecile.

You realise it should be "you're", which is a contraction of "you" and "are", right?

This is what they were trying to teach you at school while you were busy mouthing off at teachers for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

RedCafe is the Man. United equivalent of RAWK and they most certainly do not know what they're talking about. Can tell straight away you're off there.
Reply 3786
Not a Man U fan but I'm still sad to see Sir Alex Ferguson go. I suppose he had to move on, but the club will be worse without him, despite what his critics say.
Original post by rohitbd
Players like Carrick this season have played as our CB this season should he throw a strop as well,

Play Carrick at CB for 1/3 of his apps like the same amount Rooney doesn't play behind the striker and we'll see what he does.

or Jones where he has played in more positions this season than Rooney and plays less in his preferred CB position, and even though he could develop quicker at another team I don't see him ****ing off,

Phil Jones isn't a world class player who doesn't deserve to be shunted around. He wasn't shunted behind the incapable Welbeck for a whole year when he shouldnt have been. Phil Jones is someone who is still earning any position in the team he can.

what about Nani he plays much better on the right than the left but to accommodate Valencia he plays there and in his best season when he was player of the year he was put on the bench with Park and Valencia favoured in the CL final he didnt hand in a transfer request,

If you are trusting these sources that Rooney has put in a transfer request, then you can trust the ones who said Nani has or has come close to a good 3 times.

Hernandez has barely played this season and he still values us and wants to stay here, Kagawa also has had to play in the SS, CAM, LW, RW and CM positions this year and he hasn't handed in a transfer request, I cannot believe a Man Utd fan would defend Rooney's actions, he's being a prick.

None of Hernandez or Kagawa deserve starting spots as much as Rooney thus what they do is irrelevant. If Smalling was preferred to Vidic every game despite Smalling being worse, would you be annoyed if Vidic wanted to leave? No. How about Carrick with Cleverley? No. These are players who have to get used to , based on the seasons they have played here, not being consistent first team players because they have not shown to be good enough.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tommyjw
.... what?

Thats simply not been said, like.. at all.

I don't know if it has been said much on here. I don't read all of the posts on this thread. It has been stated on RedCafe many times, though. I look at that forum and I can't believe how far people will go to defend him.

Although, reading it now, people seem to be changing their tune after more of his **** coming out.
I'm a Man Utd supporter and i hate Alex Ferguson, he should have left years ago, he hasn't done anything whatsoever to this club that no other manager could have done, he doesn't deserve his knighthood, bring in Alan Pardew i say.
Reply 3790
Who gives a **** about Rooney vs Kagawa debate, it'll never end. I think he's off, and whilst not a WC player he is a great player and will need to be replaced, hopefully by someone who is WC, how likely do you think Bale would come to United if Spurs don't make top 4 (it might be great news Chelsea beat us) and if Bale goes RM how likely is it Ronaldo could be brought back, I don't want Fellani brought to replace Rooney. They both would cost around 60, but because of the brand Rooney I'm pretty sure we could get 40mil of him from someone like PSG if we keep insisting he will not be sold.

People also don't forget Fletcher and Scholes will need to be replaced this summer, I cannot see BVB letting go of Gundogan, Vidal, or maybe getting Verratti in a part exhange deal with Rooney, I'd take 20mil and Verratti.
Reply 3791
Original post by Jack_Booth
I'm a Man Utd supporter and i hate Alex Ferguson, he should have left years ago, he hasn't done anything whatsoever to this club that no other manager could have done, he doesn't deserve his knighthood, bring in Alan Pardew i say.

I'm a Barca fan and hate Messi, he should've ****ed of ages ago, he was **** against Bayern and Chelsea last year, dunno why we put up with him, I say we sell him and get Ronaldo the best player in the world to replace him.
Original post by rohitbd
how likely do you think Bale would come to United if Spurs don't make top 4 (it might be great news Chelsea beat us) and if Bale goes RM how likely is it Ronaldo could be brought back.

I'm sure we're interested in Bale, but Levi won't sell to us. Unless we pay stupid money, which we won't. We can't match City, Chelsea or Madrid.

I also don't think Ronaldo will come back now that Sir Alex is going.

Original post by rohitbd
People also don't forget Fletcher and Scholes will need to be replaced this summer, I cannot see BVB letting go of Gundogan, Vidal, or maybe getting Verratti in a part exhange deal with Rooney, I'd take 20mil and Verratti.

In terms of a midfield, no idea what the club will do. We've needed one for years and still haven't bought one. Maybe with the boss going, someone will be brought in now.
Original post by rohitbd
I'm a Barca fan and hate Messi, he should've ****ed of ages ago, he was **** against Bayern and Chelsea last year, dunno why we put up with him, I say we sell him and get Ronaldo the best player in the world to replace him.

Why Ronaldo? He is one of the worst players in the world at the moment, i would go for someone like Jordan Henderson or Bebe. Someone who is truly world class.
Original post by Jack_Booth
Why Ronaldo? He is one of the worst players in the world at the moment, i would go for someone like Jordan Henderson or Bebe. Someone who is truly world class.

Please go, you're not even remotely funny.
Reply 3795
Original post by NathanW18
I'm sure we're interested in Bale, but Levi won't sell to us. Unless we pay stupid money, which we won't. We can't match City, Chelsea or Madrid.

I also don't think Ronaldo will come back now that Sir Alex is going.

In terms of a midfield, no idea what the club will do. We've needed one for years and still haven't bought one. Maybe with the boss going, someone will be brought in now.

I think with SAF as director, he will do all he can to bring Ronaldo back, especially if Rooney leaves, there has been reports that Jorge Mendes the agent of Ronaldo/Falcao/Mou has met with David Gill, but its pretty much certain Mou is not coming, if Falcao was coming like the reports earlier saying that a deal has been done, then I think it would've been announced by now, maybe Ronaldo could be coming back, I think he just looks frustrated playing for Madrid at times and he must've realised how much he is loved by fans here when he came back, but it does seem like wishful thinking.
Reply 3796
IMO,

Ronaldo returning - no chance
Rooney going - feasible but there are very few clubs who could actually buy him.

Nor do I think we will see Baines come. We have three LB's. Nor do I think we will see Fellaini come. He's a very good player but I just don't see him as a United type player.

With Fletcher still out and uncertainty surrounding Scholes future, I'm sure we'll buy a CM but it's far too difficult at this stage to say who.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by rohitbd
I think with SAF as director, he will do all he can to bring Ronaldo back, especially if Rooney leaves, there has been reports that Jorge Mendes the agent of Ronaldo/Falcao/Mou has met with David Gill, but its pretty much certain Mou is not coming, if Falcao was coming like the reports earlier saying that a deal has been done, then I think it would've been announced by now, maybe Ronaldo could be coming back, I think he just looks frustrated playing for Madrid at times and he must've realised how much he is loved by fans here when he came back, but it does seem like wishful thinking.
I Ronaldo's frustration comes from now in spain he's known as second best, the Spanish prefer Messi, and that comes even from within his own team. He's also said he doesn't feel he get the same love and support from the Madrid fans as Messi does from the Barca lot. I guess he's feeling a little isolated in way he never was in the PL. He was compared to Messi but it was never established who was best, and he was the best player at United and in the PL, and loved by the fans. There are too many variables to guess, money, contract, his wishes, our clubs wishes. But for sure he's 28 now, but a player with the technique he has, and the shear physicality he is an athlete, I don't think you'll see a dip in his play for perhaps another 4-5 years if the motivation is there.

As for Rooney unless PSG or City are interested he might be looking the other side of the pond. He's a good player but he's not headed to Barca, he's not displacing the likes of Ozil, he's not going to be shifting Gotze or Kroos. Running out of clubs who can pay his wages. He'll probably end up staying because leaving would mean a pay cut.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3798
Original post by doggyfizzel
I Ronaldo's frustration comes from now in spain he's known as second best, the Spanish prefer Messi, and that comes even from within his own team. He's also said he doesn't feel he get the same love and support from the Madrid fans as Messi does from the Barca lot. I guess he's feeling a little isolated in way he never was in the PL. He was compared to Messi but it was never established who was best, and he was the best player at United and in the PL, and loved by the fans. There are too many variables to guess, money, contract, his wishes, our clubs wishes. But for sure he's 28 now, but a player with the technique he has, and the shear physicality he is an athlete, I don't think you'll see a dip in his play for perhaps another 4-5 years if the motivation is there.

I think there is a changing in the tax rule in spain which will cause him to loose over 50% of his money + a clause in his contract that all money he receives from sponsors and things outside, madrid receive a percentage of that so he isn't being paid all that much in the end. I know messi gets a ridiculously high amount a week so that he ends up with 180k a week after tax. In england he will probably be charged about 25% tax unless his agent is dumb enough to not know how to exploit it. He be at this level for atleast another 3 seasons then he hits 32 and there will be a steady decline from there, but he will be like giggs and zanetti because of his physique
Reply 3799
I don't know see Fergie leaving 2 weeks after Rooney handing in a transfer request and not having done something about it, either he has persuaded Rooney to stay or he has found a replacement, and if signing Ronaldo is out of sight now that Moyes is manager then thats not exactly a great sign is it.

Latest