The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kaju
hey any 1 f u al know da liink to physics 3b dicussion

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2316839
Original post by kevsamuel
Pretty annoyed about the stupid mistakes I made. I know I dropped about 6 marks :/

Me too! I wouldn't be upset if they were decent mistakes
Munchee I ll lose max 4 marks in q1 and max 8 marks in q2....is there some chance of getting an A??????
and will my bar chart get 1-2 marks?
Reply 623
Original post by CelloForLife
Me too! I wouldn't be upset if they were decent mistakes

Yerp same :/ oh well.. Did you do the Unit 3B Chemistry paper? If so how did you find it? I thought it was pretty easy and don't think I made many mistakes, hopefully got an A! :smile:
Original post by kaju
dont worry dude whr r u frm r u doin phsic exm 2mrw normally at wht tym do u al hav exms

Kaju you asked me for the physics January 2013 :smile: here you go
Yerp same :/ oh well.. Did you do the Unit 3B Chemistry paper? If so how did you find it? I thought it was pretty easy and don't think I made many mistakes, hopefully got an A! :smile:

Yes I heard it was a quite easy paper :biggrin: all my friends did great! & good job :smile:
I don't take chemistry this year, I'm taking it next year!
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
Yes, but the previous papers were not that boring

Yeap.. How'd you do :h: ?
Reply 627
I put D for the first one:/ why is it c?

Original post by liowwc
2. 4 cells
4. sister chromatids to be exact
8. around 1.46mm i think
Hey raves like I mentioned before just look at this diagramImageUploadedByStudent Room1368068812.103268.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was the formula of the first unknown compound?
And had we to take the mass of zinc into consideration in the enthalpy question because they told to assume that the specific heat capacity of the "mixture" was 4~??

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was the formula of the first unknown compound?
And had we to take the mass of zinc into consideration in the enthalpy question because they told to assume that the specific heat capacity of the "mixture" was 4~??

Posted from TSR Mobile

KI

No need to take mass of zn into consideration. Only mass of CuSO4 solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Relaxedexams
KI

No need to take mass of zn into consideration. Only mass of CuSO4 solution.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but my brother told that they specifically mentioned the specific hear capacity of "mixture". But I think its ridiculous to take the mass of Zn into consideration.

But for KI what about the sulphate present?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
Reply 632
Original post by Daniel Atieh
Munchee I ll lose max 4 marks in q1 and max 8 marks in q2....is there some chance of getting an A??????
and will my bar chart get 1-2 marks?

Well I think you would get a couple of marks for your bar chart...alot of my friends actually drew bar graphs too.

I don't know about the great boundaries...you and I are pretty much in the same boat. Wasn't it last year when the grade boundary for an A was 36 and above.

Well it seems a lot of us made some silly mistakes...chances are you'll probably get an A or high B grade. IF the marks you calculated are correct. But don't take my word for it.
Yes but my brother told that they specifically mentioned the specific hear capacity of "mixture". But I think its ridiculous to take the mass of Zn into consideration.

Sulfate was absent.

You only take mass of solution. Not the Zn. Im pretty sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 634
any one got the exam paper, please I want to check it.
Reply 635

Lol, you probably did the same mistake that I did. I thought that sulphate is present, I didn't read the question well, and I wrote (k3ISO4) for the formula :tongue: so I lost 2 marks for misreading the question :frown: , even though I had time to revise my paper, but I didn't revise that part specifically !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KhawlaM
Lol, you probably did the same mistake that I did. I thought that sulphate is present, I didn't read the question well, and I wrote (k3ISO4) for the formula :tongue: so I lost 2 marks for misreading the question :frown: , even though I had time to revise my paper, but I didn't revise that part specifically !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then KI is correct? What was the sulfate about then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Relaxedexams
Sulfate was absent.

You only take mass of solution. Not the Zn. Im pretty sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The inference was sulfate was absent or present? Either way I'll lose one mark and gain one mark :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 638
Then KI is correct? What was the sulfate about then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The inference was : sulfate is absent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KhawlaM
The inference was : sulfate is absent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK. :dontknow:
So the observation should have been no white precipitate formed.
Will they mark KI wrong if I had written white precipitate formed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending