The Student Room Group

What is the most annoying things other road users do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A Cat
Hmm so what is your definition of the law?

And since you can tell the future, good luck with winning the lottery.

Your little story says a lot about your approach to driving. KEEP ONE EYE ON THE SPEEDO, NOT TOO FAST DEARY

How old are you? You seem quite confident in your "experience" of driving.
And as you would say, due to your ability of reading people's personalities so well through what they post on Internet forums: Like all bad drivers you are arrogant and cocky. You think you're better than the rules, one day you'll find out why they are there and I hope no one gets hurt.

Although I'm starting to suspect you might just be a clever little troll.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 201
Original post by Pafeetus
How old are you? You seem quite confident in your "experience" of driving.
And as you would say, due to your ability of reading people's personalities so well through what they post on Internet forums: Like all bad drivers you are arrogant and cocky. You think you're better than the rules, one day you'll find out why they are there and I hope no one gets hurt.

Although I'm starting to suspect you might just be a clever little troll.

Hmm I've been semi-trolling this thread, but I do believe myself to be a great driver.

Rules? The rules that other people make for me? Or the rules I make for myself? Enjoy being a slave to someone else's words. Or you can be logical and do what you wish, I'm sure it is not in your interests to cause harm to others or yourself. If you believe that the rules will prevent harm being caused, fine, that's your choice, however, I do not, for this reason.

Does a murderer care about the law?
Original post by A Cat
Hmm I've been semi-trolling this thread, but I do believe myself to be a great driver.

Rules? The rules that other people make for me? Or the rules I make for myself? Enjoy being a slave to someone else's words. Or you can be logical and do what you wish, I'm sure it is not in your interests to cause harm to others or yourself. If you believe that the rules will prevent harm being caused, fine, that's your choice, however, I do not, for this reason.

I'm glad you're so confident, Mr Cat.

Are you saying you're a murderer? Breaking the law is wrong, the law is what makes us a society. But obviously I don't need to explain that.

Bending the law and going seventy in a 60 etc is OK if you don't get caught. But speeding in 30 zones is wrong, because pedestrians do stupid stuff.

I'm not being a slave to someone else's rules. I make a choice everyday to drive at the speed limit because I think it's the right thing to do. (And I have a black box :P)

Reply 203
Original post by Pafeetus
I'm glad you're so confident, Mr Cat.

Are you saying you're a murderer? Breaking the law is wrong, the law is what makes us a society. But obviously I don't need to explain that.

Bending the law and going seventy in a 60 etc is OK if you don't get caught. But speeding in 30 zones is wrong, because pedestrians do stupid stuff.

I'm not being a slave to someone else's rules. I make a choice everyday to drive at the speed limit because I think it's the right thing to do. (And I have a black box :P)

I wholeheartedly agree that speeding in pedestrian areas is wrong, unless it is in the middle of the night or visibility of the pavement is clear. Everyone's a slave to something :wink:
Reply 204
Another one that annoys me is those really slow drivers, who drive well under the speed limit at a snail's pace and then still have to break for slight corners, even though they're already going slow enough :angry:
Reply 205
Original post by NatashaLee

And well it's not just a sign though is it, it's law

MTE!!

I'm not one of those people who sticks firmly to the law, for example i've dabbled in illegal substances and I'll protest something if I think it's an injustice in law - but when my actions are going to directly impact someone else and potentially their LIFE - like when I'm driving - I stick firmly to the law. It's there for a very good reason!
Original post by A Cat
I wholeheartedly agree that speeding in pedestrian areas is wrong, unless it is in the middle of the night or visibility of the pavement is clear. Everyone's a slave to something :wink:

I want to take you on a night out good man. Ill stand you at the other end of the bar and allow you to naturally repel all the woman to myself.

I`m certainly no leonardo Dicaprio but by the time the lasses catch a glimpse of your personality I may as well be. :smile:
Reply 207
Original post by Sam Walters
I want to take you on a night out good man. Ill stand you at the other end of the bar and allow you to naturally repel all the woman to myself.

I`m certainly no leonardo Dicaprio but by the time the lasses catch a glimpse of your personality I may as well be. :smile:

that's nice dear
Reply 208
Those 'baby-on-board' signs make me sick. Oh yes, I was most certainly going to drive into the back of your car or force you to drive faster. But now that I've seen your precious darlings are in the back, I will definitely take my time and make sure I don't do anything wrong to startle them. :rolleyes: If anything they're more dangerous for you as you can't see as well out of the back window if that pathetic piece of drivel wasn't on it. :rofl:
Reply 209
Women drivers.
Reply 210
Original post by A Cat
I think you're a slow driver because you complain rather than applaud, those who drive faster (without crashing) than you. Plus if you'd rather complain to nobody (which achieves nothing) than bully and intimidate in order to get your will accomplished, then I have little more to say to you, good luck on your travels.

I get tailgated too, even when driving fast, at the end of the day if someone goes into the back of you, you've got little to absolutely no control over their actions. So you may as well have a laugh, though perhaps bullying and intimidation of bad drivers doesn't make you laugh...

Lmao you must be the next Ayrton Senna then if you can drive quick on public roads without crashing, idiot. Lovely attitude you have towards driving anyway.
Reply 211
Original post by EmirK0
Lmao you must be the next Ayrton Senna then if you can drive quick on public roads without crashing, idiot. Lovely attitude you have towards driving anyway.

Are you jealous or frustrated because you get overtaken all the time?
Reply 212
Original post by A Cat

Neither, I don't tend to entertain idiots like yourself on the road. If you want to do stupid **** on the road then thats fine by me. Hopefully you wont take out anyone innocent when your "skillz" and luck run out.

I get my fun out of driving on a track, not on public roads.

In regards to the actual thread, what annoys me most about other roads users is ones that have the same attitude as A Cat!

Safe driving :wink:
Original post by A Cat

Driving dangerously fast on the public highway does nothing at all except make you look like a completely ******** and needlessly risk the wellbeing of yourself and those around you.

It does nothing to prove you are superior, it simply makes people hate you.

Now before you say that I must be one of those people who never breaks the speed limit and drives like a nun, I'm not. I ride a motorbike, frequently do track days, and enjoy nothing more than finding a nice twisty round in the countryside and absolutely thrashing my bike along it.

Unlike you though I only ride at high speed when I know that I'm in a situation where there aren't other people around who I could hurt if things go wrong, and when in built up areas or around other vehicles I relax, ride sensibly and safely, and don't do anything daft or dangerous.

You know why I do that? Because I have some respect for those around me and don't want to needlessly risk the lives of those around me and myself for no reason whatsoever.
I saw a fridge just chilling on the A52 before, luckily I was doing a sensible speed and managed to avoid it without calamity. But that was pretty annoying.

But OTHER drivers, don't get me started. None of us are perfect, but those drivers who sit in the wrong lane of traffic, purely because it's moving quicker and then try to squeeze their way in front of you. They just start to merge, even if there's like a 5cm gap between you and the car in front. Rarely indicate, and then when you've basically been forced to let them in, they just wave a hand up to say thanks. It's always drivers of expensive cars, seriously you don't own the road, you own a car. Well done, you've managed to accumulate enough money to drive around in a gas guzzling monster. I hope a Nissan Micra plummets into you whilst you're trying to merge. /Rant.

CURSE YOU!
Reply 215
Original post by officelinebacker
Driving dangerously fast on the public highway does nothing at all except make you look like a completely ******** and needlessly risk the wellbeing of yourself and those around you.

It does nothing to prove you are superior, it simply makes people hate you.

Now before you say that I must be one of those people who never breaks the speed limit and drives like a nun, I'm not. I ride a motorbike, frequently do track days, and enjoy nothing more than finding a nice twisty round in the countryside and absolutely thrashing my bike along it.

Unlike you though I only ride at high speed when I know that I'm in a situation where there aren't other people around who I could hurt if things go wrong, and when in built up areas or around other vehicles I relax, ride sensibly and safely, and don't do anything daft or dangerous.

You know why I do that? Because I have some respect for those around me and don't want to needlessly risk the lives of those around me and myself for no reason whatsoever.

this is making me lol hard. Anyone else got any other moral convictions to get off their chest and into the bowels of the internet?

It is my intention to drive without incident.
People indicating right on a mini roundabout, then go straight over.
Original post by A Cat
exactly. It is of course our perception of "safely" which differs.

However your perception of 'safety' is at odds with

-the law
- good sense
- practice of all reputable training providers.

You are an accident statistic waiting to happen if you are lucky you'll just kill yourself , if you are unlucky you'll kill someone else or give yourself a serious head injury which wrecks your quality of life and costs insurers and the tax payer tens of millions of pounds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by A Cat

So what was your fault count on your DSA test - and how many tests did you take ?

What about your Group two tests ?

What was the mark on your IAM ? How many Golds have you got when doing your RoADA re vals?
Car, Bike , LGVor PCV ?

Response or Advanced ? EFAD or IHCD ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A Cat
It is my intention to drive without incident.

Of course it's your intention, but nobody ever gets in their car in the morning and thinks "you know what, I'm going to run somebody over today", but it still happens, and the risk of it happening is much higher if you drive like an idiot, as you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending