The Student Room Group

GCSE FRENCH 13th MAY EXAMS THREAD

Good luck to everyone!

OCR DISCUSSION THREAD - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2349853

CCEA LISTENING DISCUSSION THREAD - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2349806

AQA DISCUSSION THREAD - (Mainly this thread) or http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2349845

WJEC DISCUSSION THREAD - (Some stuff on this thread) or http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2311864

EDEXCEL - (Mainly this thread)

:france:

mr.-bean-speaks-french.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm taking the exams and am pretty confident about it :smile:
Grade boundaries are kinda low too so it shouldn't be too hard.
Reading Test Higher June 2012 (AQA)
Mark Scheme
For Previous Past Papers visit Here (Listening And Reading)
Reply 3
Original post by Elm Tree

Me too I'm feeling really confident about french... probably my most confident subject! I think the mix of past papers and textbook work has done me well :P
Reply 4
I know I'm going to do awful on the listening paper, I just hope the reading one can bring my marks up.

For revision I'm just doing past papers, and then going through and writing down any words I didn't know
Reply 5
I'm with edexcel, anyone know how harsh/lenient the grade boundaries are?
Reply 6
Original post by AshenSun
I'm with edexcel, anyone know how harsh/lenient the grade boundaries are?

If a lot of people score low marks = low grade boundaries
If a lot of people score high marks = high grade boundaries

I don't do edexcel but I did an edexcel past paper and I found it quite easy :s
Reply 7
4 days :OOOOOOO
Hi guys

Just the AQA Listening for me, resitting after my C:frown: in Jan. Got 59 ums in Reading though which was a massive surprise:smile: although it appears that it wasn't me that did great, the boundaries were shockingly low I think. On monday, my school day starts at 7:45 and finishes at 2:15, with only 15 min and 30 min breaks in between. I'm going to die!!!

Good luck everyone!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Elm Tree

How do you know what the boundaries are?
Feels weird having my last French lesson before my exam :eek:
Original post by MattFletcher

Same, mine's tomorrow, my last Product Design lesson was today.
Reply 12
I must be finishing school late on Monday - given that some people are doing both higher reading/listening and both foundation, and some people doing one H and one F so the school will have to do them all separately and it will take forever!!!
Reply 13
Original post by MattFletcher

I think I have lessons until at least the end of the year, but I may be joining the German class!
Not neccessarily, in our school we did them all at the same time, just the bigger group doing the higher was in the hall, and the foundation group was in another class I believe, so we didn't have a late finish thankfully.

It's going to be quite funny me and a couple of others leave halfway through whilst my mates are still there suffering- their faces!!!
Reply 15
Original post by dandaman7771
Not neccessarily, in our school we did them all at the same time, just the bigger group doing the higher was in the hall, and the foundation group was in another class I believe, so we didn't have a late finish thankfully.

It's going to be quite funny me and a couple of others leave halfway through whilst my mates are still there suffering- their faces!!!

Are you doing foundation then? Why else would you need to leave early?
What does it look like your going to get overall/what do you want?

For me an A would be amazing in a subject I hate with a passion and with teachers that are almost on par.
Original post by Vionar
Are you doing foundation then? Why else would you need to leave early?

No, just the listening which is first, so I've been told I can leave.:smile:
I have French exams (AQA) and been using the CGP vocab tester to learn vocab.

However, since I'm only 3 days away. and have managed to retain around 50% to 60% of the vocabulary, does anyone know whether it would be more effective to learn vocabulary by spending more time reading through French news websites (rather than just doing vocab tests)? :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by BP_Tranquility
I have French exams (AQA) and been using the CGP vocab tester to learn vocab.

However, since I'm only 3 days away. and have managed to retain around 50% to 60% of the vocabulary, does anyone know whether it would be more effective to learn vocabulary by spending more time reading through French news websites (rather than just doing vocab tests)? :biggrin:

i'd carry on with that you are doing, a lot of the vocab on french sites you won't need and a lot of it won't be covered

Latest