The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scotland_1
i thought that but i didnt. i said something about how they can reach agreements in disputes so thats inportant for decision making, then i balanced wit a paragraph about how its moving away from cabinet meetings to 'presidential style couch approach' then i said that insider groups are more likely to have the pm's trust on specific matters:/
wthat a fail?:/

That will probably be fine as well! There's always different ways to do so I'm sure yours will be okay :tongue:
Is anybody switching timetables in August instead of June?
Reply 1702
Original post by hihelloitsnina
same!!! I'm just going to put them in a folder too scared to get rid of them haha

I've already got them all in a HUGE leaver arch file. I swear, it would be enough to kill someone if dropped from high enough!:biggrin:

What topic do your school do for AH?
Original post by skier16
I've already got them all in a HUGE leaver arch file. I swear, it would be enough to kill someone if dropped from high enough!:biggrin:

What topic do your school do for AH?

hahaha yeah I think when I put everything in, which I don't think will fit haha! ahh uhm I think we do crime and law :smile: wbu?
Reply 1704
hahaha yeah I think when I put everything in, which I don't think will fit haha! ahh uhm I think we do crime and law :smile: wbu?

Comparative politics, I wish we did the EU one but i've not found any school that do it! The crime one really doesn't appeal to me for some reason.
Original post by xoJennyox
It depends how much you have written and how well you have argued your point. I would say an essay with 2 well argued points would get maybe 8/9 marks at max? However a poor essay would fare much worse.

Okay I done 2 arguments so this has put me more at ease :smile:!
Original post by ladymarshmallow
I didn't finish my health and wealth essay, but I think the maximum they'll be able to give without a conclusion is a 7. I'm not entirely sure, however, so it would be best to speak to your teacher about it.

I didn't finish my electoral essay :frown: okay thanks!
Original post by skier16
Comparative politics, I wish we did the EU one but i've not found any school that do it! The crime one really doesn't appeal to me for some reason.

Ahhh! I'd like to do comparative politics! What is the EU course about? like what's in it?:smile: I'm actually quite interested in crime and law! Excited to see how it goes!
Original post by Sarah.124
Okay I done 2 arguments so this has put me more at ease :smile:!

Hopefully your other essays were much better since you spent more time on them...that will surely boost your grade up along with the DME ^_^. Try not to worry about it. Who knows, you other essays maybe get 15/15 then the 7/17 will not matter as much.
Reply 1709
Ahhh! I'd like to do comparative politics! What is the EU course about? like what's in it?:smile: I'm actually quite interested in crime and law! Excited to see how it goes!

More voting systems though, yay...:biggrin:
Well obviously it depends on what topics your school does, but I know there's stuff about EU enlargement and the UK's role in it as well as its role in social development etc.
Haha yeah I'm actually really looking forward to 6th year - finally I can do subjects I actually enjoy!
Original post by Sarah.124
I didn't finish my electoral essay :frown: okay thanks!

Introductions and conclusions don't matter!
Original post by Beccabarrow
Introductions and conclusions don't matter!

A brief concluding sentence is usually nice to tie the whole essay up but it is not necessary I guess. And one sentence at the start is good to set out your line of thought.

Anyway it is too late to think about what we could have done :smile:.
Just realised that I spelt "rebuttal" incorrectly in the DME. Doh!
Original post by Supertwadds
Just realised that I spelt "rebuttal" incorrectly in the DME. Doh!

Oh no...at least they won't mark you down for it but it may give the marker the wrong impression. What was your variation on the word?
Original post by xoJennyox
A brief concluding sentence is usually nice to tie the whole essay up but it is not necessary I guess. And one sentence at the start is good to set out your line of thought.

Anyway it is too late to think about what we could have done :smile:.

i agree I did intros + conclusions but I think u can still get an A without :biggrin:
I just checked the marking schemes for the DME and it doesn't mention that you don't pass or loose any marks if you don't use all the sources, the most important thing to them is your back ground knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Rebuttle". So stupid on reflection, but I guess under the stress of an exam... I did note all the sources/BK I was using in the margin, so I'm hoping the marker will like me for that!
Original post by skier16
More voting systems though, yay...:biggrin:
Well obviously it depends on what topics your school does, but I know there's stuff about EU enlargement and the UK's role in it as well as its role in social development etc.
Haha yeah I'm actually really looking forward to 6th year - finally I can do subjects I actually enjoy!

Hahaha LUCKY YOU! Aha! Hmmm actually sounds pretty good tbh! I'm kind of half and half! I'm excited cause I'm doing okay subjects but really need to get highers for Uni!
Original post by georgia.17
I just checked the marking schemes for the DME and it doesn't mention that you don't pass or loose any marks if you don't use all the sources, the most important thing to them is your back ground knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher has been banging on at our class for not using all the sources throughout the whole year, so I have made sure that I don't miss any out.

Anyway you would probably have to use all the sources if you wanted full marks though. I think I scraped a pass on my DME. It was bad :s-smilie:.
Original post by Beccabarrow
i agree I did intros + conclusions but I think u can still get an A without :biggrin:

Did you manage to complete all the essays :smile:?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending