The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Supertwadds
Oh my goodness, that JSA comment was fab!

She's actually reasonably intelligent, which is what surprised me. Her loss I suppose.

Haha nice to know that somebody appreciates my humour hehe. I didn't think that I would be using my MS knowledge after my exam. I will never do such a thing again ^.^.

That is pretty shocking...is she in 5th or 6th year and does she want to go to uni?
One would assume that intelligent people would just stick with the exam and try their best.
My invigilators make me feel incredibly shifty what with the disapproving looks they're constantly throwing my way. Every time I glance up at the clock I can feel an invigilator's eyes boring into my skull.
Original post by xoJennyox
Last year I asked on invigilator during int 2 English for more paper and he gave me a pen. The whole room were in stitches because the guy was pretty old and had hearing problems.

Some of them can be quite sweet- there is this one that comes into out school and gives us boiled sweets just before our exams :smile:.

Hahahaha that made my day!! ^
awh, that's lovely (boiled sweets)! Before paper 1 today I was the first to go into the room, and the lady said to me 'are you higher' and I was like 'I'm not high?' It was literally just the nerves was so embarrassing :frown:
Reply 1743
Original post by hihelloitsnina
Hahaha LUCKY YOU! Aha! Hmmm actually sounds pretty good tbh! I'm kind of half and half! I'm excited cause I'm doing okay subjects but really need to get highers for Uni!

What subjects have you picked for next year then?
Original post by Beccabarrow
Hahahaha that made my day!! ^
awh, that's lovely (boiled sweets)! Before paper 1 today I was the first to go into the room, and the lady said to me 'are you higher' and I was like 'I'm not high?' It was literally just the nerves was so embarrassing :frown:

"I'm not high".

That is gold!:tongue:
Original post by xoJennyox
Haha nice to know that somebody appreciates my humour hehe. I didn't think that I would be using my MS knowledge after my exam. I will never do such a thing again ^.^.

That is pretty shocking...is she in 5th or 6th year and does she want to go to uni?
One would assume that intelligent people would just stick with the exam and try their best.

She's in 5th year. I think she wants to do biology. However, having already been told she's not even getting to sit one of her highers (maths), I'm somewhat doubtful.
Original post by Supertwadds
"I'm not high".

That is gold!:tongue:

It wasn't at the time :frown: haha!
I just hope I can achieve a 'B' in Modern Studies. Worked my *** off for this, had a tutor for five months that took £30 every week! I can't bare to get any lower, lol.
Original post by skier16
What subjects have you picked for next year then?

Higher Media, Higher RE, Higher Computing and AH Modern studies wbu?
AH Modern studies

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How could you?!
Higher Media, Higher RE, Higher Computing and AH Modern studies wbu?

They don't do that at my school (AH modern) but they do higher politics! :biggrin:
Original post by Confused!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: How could you?!

HAHAHA is it a mistake!?! I still have no idea how I'm gonna do it!!!!!! I'll probably die
Original post by Beccabarrow
They don't do that at my school (AH modern) but they do higher politics! :biggrin:

Ugh I'd love to do higher politics! Aha!
Well, I've decided to try to put modern studies behind me now and focus instead on getting As in my other subjects.
Reply 1754
What would you all say about these choices for 6th year?

.Advanced higher history
.Advanced higher modern studies
.Higher English
.Social Science Baccalaurette
Either higher RE(crashing)/business(crashing) or drama? Need help on this aha im thinking RE as i want to do something history/politics related at uni so thought another social science might help..
Original post by lala4

.Advanced higher history
.Higher English
Either higher RE(crashing)/business(crashing) or drama? Need help on this aha im thinking RE as i want to do something history/politics related at uni so thought another social science might help..

I'm going for
- Advanced Higher Computing
- Higher Maths
- Higher Product Design (Crashing)
- Higher Photography (Wanted business but guidance said no.)
Original post by lala4

.Advanced higher history
.Higher English

It'll be a really interesting year! Lots of facts to remember no doubt! What is a Social Science Baccalaureate? They only do Science Baccalaureate at my school. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know if markers are really strict or quite lenient? If percentages or facts are wrong do they give you marks for the point and analysis regardless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perfect exam for me. The only thing that slightly worried me was the central government question. Was worded quite weirdly.
Original post by IronMan97
Did anybody do the C7 question?

To what extent have South African government policies reduced social and economic inequalities?

Btw, when are we allowed to post the full paper? Cause i have mine right beside me! :wink:

I think we can put up the paper now since the exam is over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending