The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by R-KAM
They'd get really Dirty (Diana) easily too. :awesome:

Haha, I'm not much taller than you, I'd just lay your ass out :colonhash:

Yeah, without our TE duo we're in trouble. Although we'll still make the playoffs, they'd maybe be fit for then :sigh:

I know, what a ****. I see he's third (37) behind Moss (43) and Rice (40) for amount of touchdowns in his first 3 seasons. Imagine if he never had the injury problems :zomg:

He would have destroyed it seriously... he missed 6 games i think last season? Also barely played in the Superbowl and conference final the year before. Sigh this guy replace his arm with a prosthetic bionic arm and we're good to go. It shows how good he is, if this was anyone else Bill Belichick would have kicked him out ages ago.

I have high hopes for Ballard to come in.

Exactly i thought all white would be a pain in the ass having to wash every time. I'd truck you down :tongue:
Reply 6141
Ronde Barber retired :frown:
My Gloves their here :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Reply 6143
Original post by Malevolent
x

What's the difference between padded receiver gloves and normal receiver gloves, besides the obvious padding...?

I picked up my helmet, shoulder pads and shorts pads today. :woo:
Original post by R-KAM
What's the difference between padded receiver gloves and normal receiver gloves, besides the obvious padding...?

Padded receiver gloves as they said have more padding haha. Less flexibility though with the fingers then normal receiver gloves. Padded usually for lineman and such.

Nice what helmet did ya get?

I love my gloves now :colone:
Original post by R-KAM

What gloves are you looking at picking up man?
Reply 6146
Original post by alexsong
Yeah since teams took away his deep ball more towards the end of his rookie year his decision making has let him down badly. I think he is a pretty good passer though he can pass it on the move and in the pocket pretty well and he can go deep when it is there too if he gets in the right time with the right coaching staff then look out.

Dunno why but I worry Wilson might regress a bit this year like Newton and Josh Freeman did and this season was somewhat fools gold from him even though there is nothing rational to suggest it will happen

Freeman actually got better in his second year then regressed in his third - but the reality was that the Bucs had a cupcake schedule in 2010 (NFC West when Seattle won it at 7-9, two games against 2-14 Panthers etc) and then a far difficult schedule in 2011.

Cam regressed for a few months, but from about his 8th game onwards he was as good as he was in 2011. It's as if he tried to get by on athleticism but when he started QBing he started playing a lot better.

He has a rocket arm Cam. Like i said Physically hes as good as the others bar maybe Kaepernick who i think is like Lebron James is. Never seen anyone quite like him before. Keep him upright and he should go back to being dynamic.

Wilson didn't impress me for the first 8 or so games then he did. He has no reason to regress so badly considering his team is loaded like hell.

Luck though won't make the playoffs this season i think.

Wilson was really only poor in his first 4 games, after that he really only had 2 "poor" games, and those were against Carolina (game 5) and San Francisco (game 7). (and I'm sure a Pats fan like yourself can remember his 293 yard 3 TD 0 INT performance in between those 2 games :smile: )

Now I know that's part of his first 8 games, but I wrote "poor" for a reason - in both games his statline doesn't reflect how well he actually played - in Carolina he went 19-25 for 1 TD and 2 INTs - though one of the INTs was 100% on Wilson, the other was really a fumble by Lynch, who appeared to have the ball caught, secure and against his chest, then he got hit and let it up in the air.
The game against SF was easily the worst performance I've seen by our WR corps, who had about 5 easy drops (for example, Golden Tate has dropped 2 passes in 2011 and 2012 combined - both were in that game), that really affected the game.

The two things that convinced me fully that Wilson will not have a sophomore slump though were his 2nd half performance against Atlanta and his 3rd down performance against SF at home (converted 12 of 13).

Excluding the 6 seconds he had to try and get a win at the end of the game after the defense let us down for the 4th time in a season, in the second half against Atlanta he went 13 of 17 for 235 yards and 2 TDs (and ran another one in) and 0 INTs and a near perfect QB rating (157). On the road, in the playoffs, against the number 1 seed, as a rookie.

I've never seen anything like it and I don't expect we ever will again
Reply 6147
Padded receiver gloves as they said have more padding haha. Less flexibility though with the fingers then normal receiver gloves. Padded usually for lineman and such.

Nice what helmet did ya get?

I love my gloves now :colone:

Thought so, I just went for regular ones! Cutters X40 green and black, sexy :sexface:

I can't mind the name, it was supplied by the team! :awesome:

Aye? Excellent! Still don't look as good as them Nike's mate :ninja:
Original post by R-KAM
Thought so, I just went for regular ones! Cutters X40 green and black, sexy :sexface:

I can't mind the name, it was supplied by the team! :awesome:

Aye? Excellent! Still don't look as good as them Nike's mate :ninja:

Hey you bought cutters as well so back off :tongue:

Oh nice supplied by the team!

Ahh okay green and black
Reply 6149
Hey you bought cutters as well so back off :tongue:

Oh nice supplied by the team!

Ahh okay green and black

Mine well look better than the nike ones obvs, just not yours :tongue:

Yeah, we get everything supplied! If we're at the team more than a year we get to keep the top with the numbers and what not :biggrin:
Original post by R-KAM
Mine well look better than the nike ones obvs, just not yours :tongue:

Yeah, we get everything supplied! If we're at the team more than a year we get to keep the top with the numbers and what not :biggrin:

Psshh no waaaaay. I think I'm going to get the vapor jets in a week or 2 for game only situation. Mine are awesome :colone:

Ahhh yeah our team did that. I ended up buying my own equipment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6151
Psshh no waaaaay. I think I'm going to get the vapor jets in a week or 2 for game only situation. Mine are awesome :colone:

Ahhh yeah our team did that. I ended up buying my own equipment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, both sets!? You cray :tongue:

Yeah, might look at that in the future, not for a while though :tongue:
Original post by R-KAM
Haha, both sets!? You cray :tongue:

Yeah, might look at that in the future, not for a while though :tongue:

It's what a lot of people do have gloves for practice and then another for games.

Yeah you definitely want to wait before you go off buying your own gear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6153
It's what a lot of people do have gloves for practice and then another for games.

Yeah you definitely want to wait before you go off buying your own gear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll practice with my bare hands like a man! Maybe gloves for a bit to get used to them. :colonhash:

Haha yeah, I'll no doubt get a career ending injury within 10 minutes of playing :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
I'll practice with my bare hands like a man! Maybe gloves for a bit to get used to them. :colonhash:

Haha yeah, I'll no doubt get a career ending injury within 10 minutes of playing :laugh:

Yeah thats always a good idea. You need to be able to catch. Gloves just kind of help take the sting away and a little more security.

ACL TEAR ACL TEAR HAHA
Reply 6155
Yeah thats always a good idea. You need to be able to catch. Gloves just kind of help take the sting away and a little more security.

ACL TEAR ACL TEAR HAHA

Yeah, seems smartest thing to do!

No doubt! My knee was strained a while back, rested it for about 2 months, still wear a brace for it but it always feels dodgy now, probably paranoia. Doctor said there's nothing wrong now :laugh:
Original post by R-KAM
Yeah, seems smartest thing to do!

No doubt! My knee was strained a while back, rested it for about 2 months, still wear a brace for it but it always feels dodgy now, probably paranoia. Doctor said there's nothing wrong now :laugh:

Haha over reaction much? :tongue: I had an ACL Tear and meniscus tear and i still don't think my knee is right, feels much weaker then it used to. Cringe whenever someone tries to take me down with my knee worrying its just going to buckle again.
Just looking at this makes me want to cry how criminal this was...

[video="youtube;pT6XziIQ5RI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT6XziIQ5RI[/video]
Silly Welker...

This is how it's done:
Original post by The Egg Militia
Silly Welker...

This is how it's done:

Luckiest play in NFL history not to mention the numerous holds :laugh:

Saying that at least they made plays. Branch and Hernandez had a case of dropsies.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest