The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Original post by patterson
Lol what that just "love at first site?" lol.
Hope it helps anyways. I flopped in it and got a C. im retaking it to atleast get a B or even an A.

Hello mate, I see you tracked down Jan2013 mechanics, what about Jan 2013 waves and photons :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Edge Of Pain
I love you. I was looking for that paper everywhere. I could only find the mark scheme (which can easily be found with a quick Google search).

I am retaking it. I got a B last time which is shocking for me. I got nearly 100% UMS in G482, and ~82% in the A2 papers. I think I need 4 more marks overall to leave college with an A in Physics.

I saw you got a B, that's pretty good mate, what did you find helpful when revising? I've got retake for this coming up.
Reply 22
is there a thread for the g482 on the 5th of june?
28 days to go :O
Original post by Sam_Coburn

Hello mate, I see you tracked down Jan2013 mechanics, what about Jan 2013 waves and photons :smile:

LOOL You can call me GPS. And nahh, I tried looking for G482 jan 2013 but no success mate. I'll post it up if I find it.

Actually I had just used my tactics and found the paper. Hope its helpful
Reply 25
Actually I had just used my tactics and found the paper. Hope its helpful

A legend you are GPS, good man!
A legend you are GPS, good man!

Lool just please give me a thumbs up and pray for me I ace my physics papers. Im in A2 by the way.
Reply 27
Lool just please give me a thumbs up and pray for me I ace my physics papers. Im in A2 by the way.

Already repped ya matey.
Ill pray for you, but only if you pray for me! I gotta do A2 next year without any chance of a retake, cause they stopping it!
Already repped ya matey.
Ill pray for you, but only if you pray for me! I gotta do A2 next year without any chance of a retake, cause they stopping it!

Of course Brother. Yeahyeah, try your best. I got a high C in G482 (105UMS).
Reply 29
Aha. This should come in handy, cheers. I'm resitting after getting a C in January. I was aiming for a B (wanted an A in everything but struggled in mechanics so set myself a more realistic target. I want an A in physics overall and feeling much more confident about G482) and missed it by two UMS marks. Gutted! But since having the time to go over it all again, I'm finding it's making much more sense this time round, I can answer the questions with confidence with minimal referral back to notes, so I'm aiming high. Fingers crossed.

Best of luck to everyone resitting. Going to annihilate some past papers and destroy this exam :smile:
Reply 30
i havent revised, i better start running around in circles screaming e=mc^2 and hoping i will grasp the equations that make up the entire of the multi-verse and touch gods face
You sure you didnt have a little peak? lol
haha no I didn't and the mock wasn't too bad except for the vector triangle question I really don't get them :s-smilie:
I saw you got a B, that's pretty good mate, what did you find helpful when revising? I've got retake for this coming up.

I actually don't have a teacher for physics :tongue:

I just use the Cambridge University Press text book and read it, then make organised, neat notes in a folder.

The notes I make contain all the equations I need to know, and ways of deriving them from graphs. I don't even look through my notes - but reading then writing in a way you can remember it (and neatly) seriously helps memory.

The questions at the end of the units are from papers before 2008, and it goes into lots of detail, has useful diagrams too. The answers to the past paper questions are only on the CD I think.

So I'd say it's because of the resources my particular textbook provides me with.

If you want to buy it, the AS one is blue with a picture of the Large Hadron Collider on the front :smile:

EDIT: Amazon links -

AS book
A2 book Both were seriously helpful for me.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33

I just use the Cambridge University Press text book and read it, then make organised, neat notes in a folder.

The notes I make contain all the equations I need to know, and ways of deriving them from graphs. I don't even look through my notes - but reading then writing in a way you can remember it (and neatly) seriously helps memory.

The questions at the end of the units are from papers before 2008, and it goes into lots of detail, has useful diagrams too. The answers to the past paper questions are only on the CD I think.

So I'd say it's because of the resources my particular textbook provides me with.

If you want to buy it, the AS one is blue with a picture of the Large Hadron Collider on the front :smile:

EDIT: Amazon links -

AS book
A2 book Both were seriously helpful for me.

Brilliant advice, thank you for reply and links :smile:

any chance of sharing 'them' neat notes ? :colondollar:
Original post by teachercol
Thats why this paper is embargoed. ie you are NOT allowed to post it.

Actually my College has also provided this paper. So I dont see where I have went wrong.

I am quite sure i'm not breaking any laws am I?
The paper is accessible only from a secure area of the OCR website, not the public area.
Teachers have to be registered with OCR and be teaching the syllabus.
OCR state pretty clearly that you are not allowed to reproduce it electronically until a year after the exam.
This is so schools can use it as a mock exam without students accessing it in advance.

I am allowed to use it within my college but not to post it anywhere where it would be publically accessible.
If I did it, I would have my access rights removed. Those are OCR's(and other exam boards) rules

I think that the temptation to download it is too great. Students need a fair test before the real exam
But we are so close to the exam now that there aren't likely to be schools using it as trial exam so TSR isn't that bothered now.
Physics G481 is my next exam, and after it I have a two week break :cool: really want to ace it, I much prefer mechanics to the Electrons/Waves paper so I'll need to get as higher marks as possible to give myself some leeway in the second paper
Wow this thread is surprisingly dead given that the exam on Monday :eek:
Original post by Layontheland
Wow this thread is surprisingly dead given that the exam on Monday :eek:

Come Sunday evening...

Latest

Trending

Trending