The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8920
Original post by MattFletcher
Out of curiosity, how did you all come up with your usernames? I mean mine's my name, so it was easy.

Well.... I cut off half of my name. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
:lol:

My Face was a mess, (as usual) and the year photo was taken on one of those big stands and it was facing the sun. :frown: They just send some students with cameras around school for our friendship ones.

:lol: I'm sure it wasn't too bad :wink:

It's raining here, so we'll be indoors anyway :tongue:

Original post by Jina
Lucky! I think our pictures get taken on prom, like in a photo booth. Lool
Go apply oil heavily to your hair. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We have prom photos separate :tongue:

:colonhash:
Out of curiosity, how did you all come up with your usernames? I mean mine's my name, so it was easy.

Mine's my name, with the extra y of course:tongue:

no

Christi know there is a long story to it but i don't remember it
Reply 8925

I typed in random letters and then changed a few letters to make it pronounceable, and here we have it!

Seeing as this is a board about school and exams, I though of the username which best summed up my attitude to those things :smile:

Anyway, good luck with exams everyone who has them today! I have a day off so am gonna be revising physics for my first physics paper next Tuesday.
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Seeing as this is a board about school and exams, I though of the username which best summed up my attitude to those things :smile:

Anyway, good luck with exams everyone who has them today! I have a day off so am gonna be revising physics for my first physics paper next Tuesday.

People have exams today :lolwut:
Original post by Bluffroom
People have exams today :lolwut:

The people at my school who didn't take their maths last year have their first paper today- they're sitting IGCSE so maybe it's on a different day to other board maths? I'm not sure haha
The people at my school who didn't take their maths last year have their first paper today- they're sitting IGCSE so maybe it's on a different day to other board maths? I'm not sure haha

I have linear maths on,the 10th and 14th june i think. What is the point of igcse?
Isn't it worth the same but harder?
(edited 10 years ago)
I have linear maths on,the 10th and 14th june i think. What is the point of igcse?
Isn't it worth the same but harder?

Ah nice, good luck with that! I have my Ad(ditional) Maths exam around the end of May... Just one paper this year which is quite good :tongue:

Not entirely sure, although the school says they're harder and meant to be "worth more" whatever that means. I'm sure if you were to get straight A*s in GCSEs and someone else got them in IGCSEs, universities wouldn't differentiate much between the two. All I know is it's just more work haha

Was in a hurry so put the first thing that came to my head along with some nonsense to make it unique.
From that time I'm stuck with it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
last day today at school :frown:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Ah nice, good luck with that! I have my Ad(ditional) Maths exam around the end of May... Just one paper this year which is quite good :tongue:

Not entirely sure, although the school says they're harder and meant to be "worth more" whatever that means. I'm sure if you were to get straight A*s in GCSEs and someone else got them in IGCSEs, universities wouldn't differentiate much between the two. All I know is it's just more work haha

In what sense more work?
I'm becoming concerned that I do actually have to declare Us and Fails on UCAS :colonhash:
In what sense more work?

Larger syllabus with "harder material".
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm becoming concerned that I do actually have to declare Us and Fails on UCAS :colonhash:

I doubt even Oxbridge will care if it's something like art, unless you're applying for a subject that requires you to be able to draw decently :holmes:
Original post by justinawe
I doubt even Oxbridge will care if it's something like art, unless you're applying for a subject that requires you to be able to draw decently :holmes:

No yeah probably not just ICT and RS :rofl:
In what sense more work?

I don't think so.

I did all IGCSEs and they were pretty easy, I hardly did any work at all... mostly just revision a day or two before the exams. GCSEs would have to be incredibly, mind-bogglingly easy for there to be any significant difference.

Plus there's no coursework or controlled assessments involved (for the ones I did), so it's arguably less work.

The only thing is that they're linear rather than modular, so have one bad day and you're pretty much ****ed for the subject you were doing on that particular day (happened to me for Biology :rolleyes:).
Original post by MangoFreak

:mad:

You've asked many times... Us no get declared :mmm:

_________

Finished art GCSE now! (well I'm handing my book in on Monday)

Not too shabby considering I made it myself (the design and drawings)

I'll upload a pic when I'm home

Latest