The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:mad:

You've asked many times... Us no get declared :mmm:

_________

Finished art GCSE now! (well I'm handing my book in on Monday)

Not too shabby considering I made it myself (the design and drawings)

I'll upload a pic when I'm home

So it's better to get a U than a D or E, basically? :holmes:
Original post by justinawe
So it's better to get a U than a D or E, basically? :holmes:

Exactly, hence me asking whether I should "lose" all my art coursework... And not do the exam and get 0.

But I'm so glad I didn't, I might get an A overall now!
1) My final exam piece (Coursework = 64/80, B... Predicted a B overall)

2) Candidate B (Coursework = 37/80, D... Predicted a C overall)

3) Candidate C (Coursework = 76/80, A... Predicted an A/A* overall)

Spoiler

Most surprising is the D grade coursework, I mean that painting is so good, shame he didn't do that standard in coursework...
Hi

I've now finished GCSE Product Design on the AQA exam board. My ums has all been totted up and I'm 9ums over the boundary for an A.:smile:

Could the boundaries still change?

Thanks
Exactly, hence me asking whether I should "lose" all my art coursework... And not do the exam and get 0.

But I'm so glad I didn't, I might get an A overall now!

:lol:

Spoiler

Most surprising is the D grade coursework, I mean that painting is so good, shame he didn't do that standard in coursework...

Yours is missing :unimpressed:
Original post by MattFletcher
Out of curiosity, how did you all come up with your usernames? I mean mine's my name, so it was easy.

Bored, In ICT, so I decided to make a TSR account. Was stuck on what to name myself so I looked out the window and named myself according to the first thing I saw.
An Elm Tree :smile:
:lol:

Yours is missing :unimpressed:

Really?

Here:

1368197744918.jpg

Excuse the fudged up arms
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Seeing as this is a board about school and exams, I though of the username which best summed up my attitude to those things :smile:

Anyway, good luck with exams everyone who has them today! I have a day off so am gonna be revising physics for my first physics paper next Tuesday.

hahah fair enough! First Ones on monday
Really?

Here:

1368197744918.jpg

Excuse the fudged up arms

swastika mug :rofl:
1st exam, done.
finished 1/377557 GCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NoMathsPlease
Larger syllabus with "harder material".

I don't think so.

I did all IGCSEs and they were pretty easy, I hardly did any work at all... mostly just revision a day or two before the exams. GCSEs would have to be incredibly, mind-bogglingly easy for there to be any significant difference.

Plus there's no coursework or controlled assessments involved (for the ones I did), so it's arguably less work.

The only thing is that they're linear rather than modular, so have one bad day and you're pretty much ****ed for the subject you were doing on that particular day (happened to me for Biology :rolleyes:).

Well I would say GCSEs are worse then compared to IGCSE - if I did a test on everything rather than loads of coursework i would have preferred it - some of the coursework is just unreal in terms of how much there is to do. Exams, meh - not usually that bad
Reply 8953
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm becoming concerned that I do actually have to declare Us and Fails on UCAS :colonhash:

And which subjects are you getting U's in exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8954
Anyone need a prom dress size 6 pm me :-)
Reply 8955
Original post by Elm Tree
Bored, In ICT, so I decided to make a TSR account. Was stuck on what to name myself so I looked out the window and named myself according to the first thing I saw.
An Elm Tree :smile:

Best. Story. Ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
swastika mug :rofl:

That says "I <3 Hitler" :mmm:
Reply 8957

Spoiler

Oh myy... I think the D grade one is better than the A grade. :'( That's so sad for the person! :/

And omg Fish! The irony! We were told to be outside at 1 for our class pictures. -_- We didn't even get any notice and i looked so pooey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bluffroom
Well I would say GCSEs are worse then compared to IGCSE - if I did a test on everything rather than loads of coursework i would have preferred it - some of the coursework is just unreal in terms of how much there is to do. Exams, meh - not usually that bad

Yeah, the only thing is the content really. I know that maths IGCSE is more difficult than GCSE, because there's more content and way higher grade boundaries - the raw marks required for an A* for the exam I did, for instance, was 188/200. This probably due to the fact that it's mostly asians doing the paper, which I know is a stereotype, but it is one that generally holds for (I)GCSE and A-level maths where hard work alone can get you very far regardless of aptitude.

However, I'm not too sure if we covered more content for other subjects compared to GCSE.
Yeah, the only thing is the content really. I know that maths IGCSE is more difficult than GCSE, because there's more content and way higher grade boundaries - the raw marks required for an A* for the exam I did, for instance, was 188/200. This probably due to the fact that it's mostly asians doing the paper, which I know is a stereotype, but it is one that generally holds for (I)GCSE and A-level maths where hard work alone can get you very far regardless of aptitude.

However, I'm not too sure if we covered more content for other subjects compared to GCSE.

I thought IGCSE grade boundaries were low - 45%ish is a B 65%ish is an B

That's low, no? In the jan paper if you got 5% you got an E

(Higher Tier)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest