The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management - University of Cambridge 2013-2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by zingerbmt
How do they check the paperwork?

If lets say a student from a random university somewhere in Brazil applied, how are they going to verify his documents? Are they going to ring up the university or something like that?

In contrast with someone from a reputed British institute; how are his documents going to be verified? I am sure that it is against the law for universities to disclose information on their students without his permission.

Just curious :smile:

For a number of people, they require hard copy originals or certified copies of transcripts and manually check them. And I am sure it is perfectly legal for a uni to confirm or otherwise a transcript that a student has sent them purporting to be from that uni. Otherwise anyone, even from a "reputed British institute" could falsify documents for academic or job applications without fear of being found out.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 221
Original post by cmassey
Why would you suppose this? How does them offering you an offer translate to them changing all the statuses and finishing the process?

Some days earlier when i phoned them in order to ask why they dont update the camsis one woman told me that it is possible to wait for all the applications and maybe they will update the system when they will finish with the decisions. I am not sure if this is correct to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 222
Original post by virtsou
Some days earlier when i phoned them in order to ask why they dont update the camsis one woman told me that it is possible to wait for all the applications and maybe they will update the system when they will finish with the decisions. I am not sure if this is correct to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah k... we'll I'm still hoping haha

congragulations though!
Reply 223
Original post by cmassey
Ah k... we'll I'm still hoping haha

congragulations though!

same...Anyone else still receive nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Original post by verger
same...Anyone else still receive nothing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

still nothing here, might send them ANOTHER email later today...
Gosh. they told me TEN days ago that I had been rejected. And my status is still "under consideration by the dept" lol-
Reply 226
"Application unsuccessful". Congrats to those got offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 227
Original post by verger
"Application unsuccessful". Congrats to those got offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that man - was it through camsis? When did you hear back? I'm still under consideration...
Reply 228
Original post by mmk6891
Sorry to hear that man - was it through camsis? When did you hear back? I'm still under consideration...

Yes Camsis..20mins ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
Original post by verger
Yes Camsis..20mins ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, good luck for your other applications!
Reply 230
"Application Unsuccessful"

Not surprised considering I applied 3rd February 2013.
Reply 231
still under consideration by department! So nervous! It seems everything is happening now..almost as if someone is switching camsis over either one way or the other this very second!
Reply 232
Original post by cmassey
still under consideration by department! So nervous! It seems everything is happening now..almost as if someone is switching camsis over either one way or the other this very second!

Same, I'm refreshing this thread and checking camsis every few minutes hahaha
Er.
okay. the weirdest thing happend. Received an email saying it was a "mistake" and that "The Director and Admissions Committee have decided to recommend you for an offer" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE HELL????????????

So now.. what is the next step for me? Someone tell me please!!!! (im too excited to think right now!!!)...
(edited 10 years ago)
I'm speechless. I received an unconditional offer. I can't believe it.....
Reply 235
Original post by ce303ce303

Shockingly bad on their part to make a mistake like that but well done! Maybe someone got confused with the Spanish grading system (...but really...). Are you accepting it?
Reply 236

Perfect time to celebrate :smile: congrats!

I'm still under consideration, sent another email an hour ago (to someone else) but I guess I'll have to wait until next week
Reply 237

Yes!!!! Very nice news. Im really happy for you!! We will be classmates :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by mmk6891
Perfect time to celebrate :smile: congrats!

I'm still under consideration, sent another email an hour ago (to someone else) but I guess I'll have to wait until next week

Well good luck! :wink:

Original post by sj27
Shockingly bad on their part to make a mistake like that but well done! Maybe someone got confused with the Spanish grading system (...but really...). Are you accepting it?

I know... very confussing! I'm definetely accepting though... won't get too excited until I'm 100% sure im in!

Original post by virtsou
Yes!!!! Very nice news. Im really happy for you!! We will be classmates :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

YAAAAY! very exciting!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 239
Still under consideration! I can't believe they haven't made a decision/at least gone to the effort to email saying you're on the waiting list. I'm super annoyed! Now another whole weekend of waiting! How many others are still under consideration? Wel done to this who already have got in!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending