The Student Room Group

Edexcel Applied ICT Unit 3 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silvershock95
Hello! I am taking this exam on May 20th and would like some help figuring out about the Climb Calculation sheet. Please? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

I believe there will be a lot of IF conditions on the climb calculation sheet, so practice some of them from past papers and your good to go. The exam paper will give you all the required conditions to include when it is yes and when it is no. So basically you should be able to handle the IF condition. :smile:
What is the purpose of the model? And describe what the data sources are about? How are the data sources unreliable? Thanks! :smile:
Also how does the model meet its purpose? How can it be improved?
Reply 43
Original post by Dr. Know It All
I believe there will be a lot of IF conditions on the climb calculation sheet, so practice some of them from past papers and your good to go. The exam paper will give you all the required conditions to include when it is yes and when it is no. So basically you should be able to handle the IF condition. :smile:

Can I ask where would the IF formulas go on the 'Climb Calculation' sheet because there is no where to put the formulas. Because they usually create a small section which indicates that some working out is needed. Thanks
Reply 44
Has anyone done the sources table for activity 2, cant think of any flaws for the pedometer reliability?.
hi guys, the "climb Calculation" need to have more than 9 or equal to 9 %
"Climb > Cat 1
Climb > Cat 2"

this is what i have so far

Thank you very much! I have looked at the sheet and have finally figured some things out in relation to the stage builder section. As long as the exam paper gives us that information then that makes me a lot happier! :biggrin:
Reply 48
Original post by dxrampagexb
this is what i have so far

please could somebody tell me the 15 answers for section A please!
Reply 49
please help with the 15 answers for part A !!! what are they!? :eek:
Reply 50
Yeah same please
Reply 51
Guys i have completed the model and have a solution here it is!completedandsolution.xls

Pm me with any questions you may have!
Reply 52
I'm not actually part of the Edexcel exam board I do AQA Applied ICT however i'm going to assume the same rule applies...

Does anybody know the requirements to gain an A*? Is it 90% average across all 3 A2 units, or is it 90%+ in each individual units.

Original post by Bobilina
I'm not actually part of the Edexcel exam board I do AQA Applied ICT however i'm going to assume the same rule applies...

Does anybody know the requirements to gain an A*? Is it 90% average across all 3 A2 units, or is it 90%+ in each individual units.

90% average across all 3 A2 units :smile:
Reply 54
90% average across all 3 A2 units :smile:

Phew, thank god!! It is now feasible :colone:
Reply 55
When is everyone sitting the exam?
Original post by MPharm 123
When is everyone sitting the exam?

this thurdsay
Original post by dxrampagexb
this thurdsay