The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gomg
I find it funny when people are like "omg so gunna get A* in this" etc then get like a C

Lool.. there was thing one guy in my class. Our geography teacher told him that his coursework was a secure C, but when he actually got the result back he got a D! :rofl3: I had to try so hard to hold my laughter back and put on a sincere, apologetic face.
Reply 8981
Original post by justinawe
Does that really happen though?

I've only seen the exact opposite happen - people say "omg I did terrible gonna get a C/D"... then get an A*.

yes especially in geography for me, there is a lot of smart people in the class and in the first exam got a C or below, apart from me (got an A*, was predicted a C) because people just piss about and don't listen
Reply 8982
Original post by Elm Tree
Lool.. there was thing one guy in my class. Our geography teacher told him that his coursework was a secure C, but when he actually got the result back he got a D! :rofl3: I had to try so hard to hold my laughter back and put on a sincere, apologetic face.

why was it moderated? o.o
Had my last day of school today.....so bittersweet
Original post by gomg
why was it moderated? o.o

Yeah
Reply 8985
Original post by Jina
Lol I didn't think you lacked basic common sense. Anyway... We're never talking on messages again. *blocks* :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:emo: I have basic and advanced common sense! Oh no you didn't! :wink:

Original post by justinawe
Does that really happen though?

I've only seen the exact opposite happen - people say "omg I did terrible gonna get a C/D"... then get an A*.

That always happens, and most of the time I'm the culprit! :mmm:

Original post by Dannyboy1236
Had my last day of school today.....so bittersweet

The year elevens at my school had their last day today - maybe we go to the same school! :eek:
You know you're not allowed to speak about edexcel exams until the day after, does that include their igcse's or is that restriction just on their gcse's ?
Original post by Vionar
:emo: I have basic and advanced common sense! Oh no you didn't! :wink:

That always happens, and most of the time I'm the culprit! :mmm:

The year elevens at my school had their last day today - maybe we go to the same school! :eek:

Lol...I doubt that...i don't anyone else uses tsr there

Are you in year 10?
Original post by sarahiscool
You know you're not allowed to speak about edexcel exams until the day after, does that include their igcse's or is that restriction just on their gcse's ?

I think so...because they're taken globally in different time.zones, right?
Original post by VickyHendry
Yeah you get your two texts, so for me it would be 'To Kill A Mockingbird' and 'The Crucible' but you have to make sure there are no marks or any writing inside them :-)

Thankgod .. I really hope so :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What exam board?

I heard my friend saying he wasn't allowed a book and had to just base it of the quotes he learnt. Hmm ...

WJEC :smile:

Anybody here doing 'Of Mice & Men' & 'An Inspector Calls' For Edexcel English Lit?

I'm doing OMAM :biggrin: but WJEC :L

Original post by Jina
:redface: How can you say that?! Prom is the only thing keeping me alive! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

its doing my heading -.- and I hate it when that one person has a BF -.- :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8990
Original post by sarahiscool

I'd almost definitely say IGCSEs too, as it doesn't specify and they say that Edexcel exams are taken all over the world, and IGCSEs are most common in countries other than here.

Original post by Dannyboy1236
Lol...I doubt that...i don't anyone else uses tsr there

Are you in year 10?

That's how I feel about my school! :tongue:

Yeah!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I know :redface: just in different languages :eek:

No you're not! WJEC says noooo

haha :L and NOOOOOOOOOO :'( .... hope = crushed
Anybody here doing 'Of Mice & Men' & 'An Inspector Calls' For Edexcel English Lit?

Yep :smile: and Character and Voice poems aka worst poems in the world?
Posted from TSR Mobile

It's going to take a while until I get used to this TSR app :\
Wow. Our exams start next week guys!
Original post by Pabblethefish
Wow. Our exams start next week guys!

I got French. I've ran our of past papers on edexcel so I'm probably going to try some AQA ones. :smile:
Reply 8996
Broken up for study leave now! Anyone else sitting edexcel french on monday? How are you guys revising?
Reply 8997
Original post by Elm Tree
I got French. I've ran our of past papers on edexcel so I'm probably going to try some AQA ones. :smile:

You definitely should, the AQA ones are much more challenging!
Next week I've got AQA B3 on Tuesday and two Spanish exams on Friday. It gets ugly the week after - Monday I have AQA Literature Prose and AQA C3; Thursday I have AQA P3 and Literature Poetry and on Friday Unit 4 business studies!
Reply 8999
Does anyone know which board has harder papers than AQA? I want to do some of those papers to make sure I'm ready for AQA.

Latest