The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9000
Original post by Vionar
Does anyone know which board has harder papers than AQA? I want to do some of those papers to make sure I'm ready for AQA.

Depends what subject :P But I do AQA for every subject apart from OCR in geography so I wouldn't know too much:smile:

I find CIE quite challenging
Original post by sarahiscool
You know you're not allowed to speak about edexcel exams until the day after, does that include their igcse's or is that restriction just on their gcse's ?

The past exams I have done so far are igcses and I believe we can discuss 24 hours the exam has taken place but somehow people are already talking about the maths that took place this afternoon
Original post by BuddingAchiever
The past exams I have done so far are igcses and I believe we can discuss 24 hours the exam has taken place but somehow people are already talking about the maths that took place this afternoon

If it's on this site, please report them :smile:
Original post by gomg
You definitely should, the AQA ones are much more challenging!

Ahh nice! :smile: Hopefuly when the exam comes I'll find it easier.
Original post by AshenSun
Broken up for study leave now! Anyone else sitting edexcel french on monday? How are you guys revising?

lucky you! And I'm doing AQA. But they're all on monday :yikes::france::afraid:
Reply 9005
Original post by gomg
Depends what subject :P But I do AQA for every subject apart from OCR in geography so I wouldn't know too much:smile:

I find CIE quite challenging

Ah because I know the Edexcel ones are easier (apparently) so I was thinking maybe OCR but CIE probably as they're IGCSEs, thanks!
Reply 9006
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2346944, guys could you please answer this question for me
I wish I had study leave! I'm doing the AQA by the way for French :cool:
Original post by Vionar
Does anyone know which board has harder papers than AQA? I want to do some of those papers to make sure I'm ready for AQA.

Hi, I'm currently doing all my exams with CCEA and we did some AQA Spanish papers a few weeks back and then did CCEA ones which I thought were harder :frown: So you could try doing some of their past papers but I'm not sure how hard/easy they are compared with AQA for anything else because I only do CCEA but you could still try them for a change? :biggrin:
Reply 9009
Original post by Zango11
Hi, I'm currently doing all my exams with CCEA and we did some AQA Spanish papers a few weeks back and then did CCEA ones which I thought were harder :frown: So you could try doing some of their past papers but I'm not sure how hard/easy they are compared with AQA for anything else because I only do CCEA but you could still try them for a change? :biggrin:

Well I guess the Spanish and French exams will be quite similar in terms of difficulty! Thanks, so now I should have plenty of past papers to do! :biggrin:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I wish I had study leave! I'm doing the AQA by the way for French :cool:

I'm still at school until the 24th! I have french on Monday too :eek: but I'm on Edexcel. Apparently it's easier?
Original post by Pabblethefish
Next week I've got AQA B3 on Tuesday and two Spanish exams on Friday. It gets ugly the week after - Monday I have AQA Literature Prose and AQA C3; Thursday I have AQA P3 and Literature Poetry and on Friday Unit 4 business studies!

We may be doing the same Spanish and English ones. Are your Spanish exams IGCSE listening and writing?
Which books and poems did you do for English? We did OMAM and Inspector Calls and did Character and Voice poems :smile:
STUDY LEAVEEE... but my exam starts on Monday.. only got the weekend to revise OMGGGG... :eek:

+ Haven't done any revision for French :redface:
Original post by Elm Tree
I'm still at school until the 24th! I have french on Monday too :eek: but I'm on Edexcel. Apparently it's easier?

Hmmm I have no idea since I've never tried the Edexcel ones...it may not be relevant to this subject but I remember someone saying that AQA science is harder than Edexcel's, which I did :s-smilie: Bonne chance anyway :france:
In that mood where I'm analysing a story and the A* ideas are coming out :cool:
Reply 9015

edexcel french is soooooooooooooo easy compared to aqa! You could make educated guesses in their papers and still get a C!
Original post by Vionar
Well I guess the Spanish and French exams will be quite similar in terms of difficulty! Thanks, so now I should have plenty of past papers to do! :biggrin:

:biggrin: Let me know what you think if you do one :awesome:
In that mood where I'm analysing a story and the A* ideas are coming out :cool:

I love the rare moments when that happens :biggrin:
Original post by JustaDreamer
I love the rare moments when that happens :biggrin:

It's not rare for me :wink: :lol:
It's not rare for me :wink: :lol:

Lucky! :emo: