The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vionar
:eek: That's awful! How are the teachers supposed to have people quiet not being in the room! :angry: I hate the corrupt-ness of the whole system! :angry:

I hate it as well.. All my hard work put in and people have an advantage over me.

Original post by Jina
LOOOOOOOL! Elm are you trying to kill me here? You have got to be lying! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, no :mad:
Original post by Pabblethefish
Ok so this is what I think is going on -

The circle is the 'object' and it's nearer to the lens than the focal point. The parallel rays of light are moving towards the lens and refracted but now I get stuck, how does this result in the virtual image being formed behind the object, do the light rays change direction and go back in the same direction as the object and project behind the object? Or do they carry on but then why have the good people at AQA said it goes behind the object? What object? What's an object?

what lens is it ? a concave lens ?
And people though I was joking when I said I was going to expose this school :moon:
Original post by techno836

Yeah, my previous post defines my problem a bit more. Lenses :frown:
anyone like adventureland? Such a good film :h:
Reply 9065
Original post by Jina
It's angering me too! :frown: How is that even fair? Some of us work for our grades while other schools just ... Bloody cheat. We need to make a stand against this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Elm Tree
I hate it as well.. All my hard work put in and people have an advantage over me.

I despise it, I cannot understand why people would do it! If it were me, I'd report any school I found doing it. When I'm older, I may actually send a letter to exam boards and the Ministry of Education (or whatever it is) expressing my disdain and try and make them do something!

Original post by Elm Tree
And people though I was joking when I said I was going to expose this school :moon:

Was it your school you exposed? And to whom?
Yeah, my previous post defines my problem a bit more. Lenses :frown:

okay what you do is you draw you parallel line to lens and then using a ruler line up the focal point and where the light ray touches the lens, draw a line from the lens straight forward

now draw a line through the exact centre of lens from the same point of the object and keep it going

what you have to now do is track back both light rays and they should cross over behind the object ... that is you virtual image :smile:
True ... I find it highly likely that there will be 2 6 markers or 1 6 and 2 fives :smile:

my prediction is it will be an evaluate question on either bioethanol/biogas ... or dialysis and transplant :smile:

I have RS and French the day before my bio exam, and two days after I've got the another RS exam.:frown:

Anyway.. Good Luck with revision. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember these they're convex/converging lenses
Reply 9069
There is some creepy invigilator in all my exams who always smiles at people and it's so distracting! And he lives near me to ugh
Original post by Vionar
I despise it, I cannot understand why people would do it! If it were me, I'd report any school I found doing it. When I'm older, I may actually send a letter to exam boards and the Ministry of Education (or whatever it is) expressing my disdain and try and make them do something!

Really? Surely they don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
okay what you do is you draw you parallel line to lens and then using a ruler line up the focal point and where the light ray touches the lens, draw a line from the lens straight forward

now draw a line through the exact centre of lens from the same point of the object and keep it going

what you have to now do is track back both light rays and they should cross over behind the object ... that is you virtual image :smile:

Ok so is it kind of like the constructive lines for a concave/diverging lens but it ends up behind the object? Also, how would this work in practice? I don't understand how this works -

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
F= Focal point
O= Object

I get it works in magnifying glasses but how does it end up BEHIND the image?

Sorry and thank you so much, I find this part of physics so frustrating :frown:
But thankyou, +rep!

Edit: I can't rep you as I've already repped you too recently :frown:
I owe you a rep :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PriyaPaul
I have RS and French the day before my bio exam, and two days after I've got the another RS exam.:frown:

Anyway.. Good Luck with revision. :wink:

Ok so is it kind of like the constructive lines for a concave/diverging lens but it ends up behind the object? Also, how would this work in practice? I don't understand how this works -

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
F= Focal point
O= Object

But thankyou, +rep!

yes it is like the constructive lines ...
Original post by Jina
It's angering me too! :frown: How is that even fair? Some of us work for our grades while other schools just ... Bloody cheat. We need to make a stand against this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Vionar

I've been meaning to expose it but haven't found the time :frown:

Spoiler

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
F= Focal point
O= Object

But thankyou, +rep!

my bad the only way a virtual image appears behind the object is it its a convex lens and the object is inside F

yes it is like the constructive lines ...

Ok, I think I get it now because there's always a focal point on each side of the lens :biggrin:
Ok, I think I get it now because there's always a focal point on each side of the lens :biggrin:

yes there is :smile:
we're so close to 10k :awesome:
But exams are closer :frown:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
Original post by Bluffroom
we're so close to 10k :awesome:

we're chatty! :tongue:

Latest