The Student Room Group

As level exams

HI there
i have AS level exams on monday and ive started my revision today.I have economics and History of art on monday.Im okay at both sybjects but im determned to get an A.Im freaking out and i know its my fault but would you give me some tips? i really want this so bad.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Just study really well, eat well and get a good nights sleep the night before.
Try not to panic, just stay calm.
Breathing exercises work well right before going into the exams room, try that if you are really stressed.
When I did History last year I found out that podcasts help me out quite a lot and I listened to quite a lot of them so perhaps you could try that? we had ActiveBook CD ROMs and that helped too.

Best of luck!
Original post by Radio.Active
Just study really well, eat well and get a good nights sleep the night before.
Try not to panic, just stay calm.
Breathing exercises work well right before going into the exams room, try that if you are really stressed.
When I did History last year I found out that podcasts help me out quite a lot and I listened to quite a lot of them so perhaps you could try that? we had ActiveBook CD ROMs and that helped too.

Best of luck!

You see this post right here ^^ ignore it. Breathing isn't going to ,magically get you an A

I've also got economics on monday just make sure that you've done all the multiples choice past paper questions at least twice and keep practising question 3 & 4. Good luck
I am killing myself with revision, mine haven't started and I'm ready for them to be over! I have a pile of work growing each day and I do like 2-3 hrs everyday but even then :/
Reply 4
Original post by CoolStoryBroo
You see this post right here ^^ ignore it. Breathing isn't going to ,magically get you an A

I've also got economics on monday just make sure that you've done all the multiples choice past paper questions at least twice and keep practising question 3 & 4. Good luck

Aha ha thanks man,yeah the long answer data response questions are getting on my nerve,but yeah i will do.Planning to revise market failure,govt failure and definitions tonight in order to do papers tomorrow and on sunday. Good luck to you to! thanks,really cheered me up.
Reply 5
Original post by SharminaSyeda
I am killing myself with revision, mine haven't started and I'm ready for them to be over! I have a pile of work growing each day and I do like 2-3 hrs everyday but even then :/

yeah me too! i need to revise though.good luck! i hope i get through my exams..
Reply 6
Original post by vat27
HI there
i have AS level exams on monday and ive started my revision today.I have economics and History of art on monday.Im okay at both sybjects but im determned to get an A.Im freaking out and i know its my fault but would you give me some tips? i really want this so bad.
Thanks

I have the same exams as you on Monday, and have done a week of revision. How're you preparing for HoA unit one? Do you have many other exams next week?
Reply 7
Original post by Jyh1m
I have the same exams as you on Monday, and have done a week of revision. How're you preparing for HoA unit one? Do you have many other exams next week?

For HoA unit one,im just practicing random buildings,paintings and sculptures to test my knowledge of the technical terms and i will be learning the tecnicalterms for architecture today.Overall i feel slightly confident for HoA. what about you? oh good,atleast youve been doing a bit f econs,i started yesterday :frown: . i have 5 exmas next week.Apart from HoA and economics,i do politics nad history.Fingers crossed.What other subjects do you do?:smile:
Original post by vat27
yeah me too! i need to revise though.good luck! i hope i get through my exams..

I'm sure we'll both do fine! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by vat27
HI there
Thanks

I wouldn't worry, Econ1 is fairly straightforward - however I know that History of Art is a lot of repeating facts and learning different pictures and stuff - I would focus more on that.

For Econ just make sure you know a few definitions and causes of market/govt failure
Reply 10
Original post by SimpleTom
I wouldn't worry, Econ1 is fairly straightforward - however I know that History of Art is a lot of repeating facts and learning different pictures and stuff - I would focus more on that.

For Econ just make sure you know a few definitions and causes of market/govt failure

Thank you,yes market failure is thefocus as of now.I have unit 1 history of art on monday and they give us unseen pictues to discuss about.The one your talking about is unit 2 but thank you anyway.That was really good advice :smile: xx
Reply 11
Original post by vat27
For HoA unit one,im just practicing random buildings,paintings and sculptures to test my knowledge of the technical terms and i will be learning the tecnicalterms for architecture today.Overall i feel slightly confident for HoA. what about you? oh good,atleast youve been doing a bit f econs,i started yesterday :frown: . i have 5 exmas next week.Apart from HoA and economics,i do politics nad history.Fingers crossed.What other subjects do you do?:smile:

Yes I'm re-reading all the HoA technical terms too, especially for architecture. Apart from those two I do English, German and Critical Thinking :smile: and I also have five exams this week! Can't quite believe it all starts tomorrow ...
I'm sure Econ unit one will be fine, the multiple choice is fairly simple and hopefully the data response won't be too tough. I'm hoping for some classical architecture rather than modern for HoA because there're so many technical terms you can use to get the marks, like pilasters and architraves etc.
how're you feeling about Econ unit 2? And which boards are you with? I'm edexcel for Econ and aqa for HoA :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by Jyh1m
Yes I'm re-reading all the HoA technical terms too, especially for architecture. Apart from those two I do English, German and Critical Thinking :smile: and I also have five exams this week! Can't quite believe it all starts tomorrow ...
I'm sure Econ unit one will be fine, the multiple choice is fairly simple and hopefully the data response won't be too tough. I'm hoping for some classical architecture rather than modern for HoA because there're so many technical terms you can use to get the marks, like pilasters and architraves etc.
how're you feeling about Econ unit 2? And which boards are you with? I'm edexcel for Econ and aqa for HoA :smile:

Thats cool.I do AQA for economics haha,but i find edexcel slightly easier despite the fact that its the hardest out of all boards.Yes i do AQA for HofA as well.OMG me too! i am so hoping that we dont get modern bulidings because there is so much to score with old bulidings.Yeah me too,im hoping im okay.I stillneed to revise econs properly.Hows revision going overall? good luck though.We must discuss tomorrows HofA paper after the exam :smile:
Original post by vat27
HI there
Thanks

Ive always found past papers really useful. Just keep doing past papers.
Reply 14
Original post by vat27
Thats cool.I do AQA for economics haha,but i find edexcel slightly easier despite the fact that its the hardest out of all boards.Yes i do AQA for HofA as well.OMG me too! i am so hoping that we dont get modern bulidings because there is so much to score with old bulidings.Yeah me too,im hoping im okay.I stillneed to revise econs properly.Hows revision going overall? good luck though.We must discuss tomorrows HofA paper after the exam :smile:

How was your Econ?! I thought our paper was tough this year :/ and yes let's see how HoA goes this afternoon!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Jyh1m
How was your Econ?! I thought our paper was tough this year :/ and yes let's see how HoA goes this afternoon!

Yes it was! i found the multiple choice a bit tricky! it was a tough paper for A.
Yes,kind of relaxed for HofA .Learn up Architectural terms! My teacher predicts we're going to get a gothic one :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by vat27
Yes it was! i found the multiple choice a bit tricky! it was a tough paper for A.
Yes,kind of relaxed for HofA .Learn up Architectural terms! My teacher predicts we're going to get a gothic one :smile:

Nice one! It was such a great building in the end :smile: how've your other exams been? Economics was not great for me :/ And unit two HoA tomorrow, how're you feeling?!
Reply 17
Original post by Jyh1m
Nice one! It was such a great building in the end :smile: how've your other exams been? Economics was not great for me :/ And unit two HoA tomorrow, how're you feeling?!

omg econs unit two was actually pretty good for me.I hated unit 1 tho.HofA today was amazing - i did the single two male figures,the historical one and the non-religious two buildings.The architecture one was so bad but the other two were good.I had history today which i pratically f***ed up :frown: anyhow,how was german? and hofA today? :smartass:
Reply 18
Original post by vat27
omg econs unit two was actually pretty good for me.I hated unit 1 tho.HofA today was amazing - i did the single two male figures,the historical one and the non-religious two buildings.The architecture one was so bad but the other two were good.I had history today which i pratically f***ed up :frown: anyhow,how was german? and hofA today? :smartass:

Ahh yes HoA 2 wasn't bad - I ran out of time on my last one though, which was the two non-religious buildings :frown: time is a major issue for me in exams, that was the main problem I had with econ! I also did the historical event one and the narrative one. Awh I'm sure you did better in history than you think! German went quite well thanks, hopefully I've done enough to get an A - I've now finished all my exams which is a really weird feeling! Have you got any more? :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Jyh1m
Ahh yes HoA 2 wasn't bad - I ran out of time on my last one though, which was the two non-religious buildings :frown: time is a major issue for me in exams, that was the main problem I had with econ! I also did the historical event one and the narrative one. Awh I'm sure you did better in history than you think! German went quite well thanks, hopefully I've done enough to get an A - I've now finished all my exams which is a really weird feeling! Have you got any more? :smile:

Omgd! I ran out of time for the non-religious buildings as well! Haha yeah time is the major issue.me too!my exams are over as well,I know it's soo weird,like I don't know what to do aha.im just procrastinating.but it'll be useful to book the open days and research stuff :smile: I did the religious one and the two male pieces of art-I studied David by Michelangelo and the one by Donatello to compare it pretty well. For the historical one,I did third of may by Goya and liberty leading the people.As for the buildings-I did villa savoys and the university museum. How are you planning to spend youre holidays? :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending